Sens hire Jim Little as CEO and now he's fired...

Status
Not open for further replies.

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
the owner and I had a personal disagreement over the approach that I had been pursuing. I am a strong-willed person and the disagreement included me using some very strong language with him over the phone, including swearing, which he did not appreciate and for which I later apologized.”
“It was these events, to my knowledge, which led to my dismissal

You see him suggest it was anything other than his behavior?
You see anything about “heated argument” in his statement?

Nope
They had a disagreement, this is very common and healthy in any business relationship. If you have two individuals and one always agrees with the boss then please tell me why the second person is here (Little in this case)?

You still trying to look up which one of the two settled a lawsuit where he was accused of belittling and swearing at employees? Just checking in on ya

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
My employees apologize to me when they swear. Difference is, I dont fire them over it.

Do you understand what it means when you say “I used some very strong language with him over the phone including swearing?”

Like seriously

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
They had a disagreement, this is very common and healthy in any business relationship. If you have two individuals and one always agrees with the boss then please tell me why the second person is here (Little in this case)?

You still trying to look up which one of the two settled a lawsuit where he was accused of belittling and swearing at employees? Just checking in on ya

Totally Melnyk being a piece of shit abusive bully is very common and healthy....that’s why people sue him, it’s super healthy

LatteLarrys

LatteLarry's
Dec 27, 2013
the owner and I had a personal disagreement over the approach that I had been pursuing. I am a strong-willed person and the disagreement included me using some very strong language with him over the phone, including swearing, which he did not appreciate and for which I later apologized.”
“It was these events, to my knowledge, which led to my dismissal

[...}
You see anything about “heated argument” in his statement?

Nope

Uh, yes? A personal disagreement heated enough to trigger at least one party to use vulgarity in an exchange with their employer, which led to that party being dismissed and the employer feeling offended. I mean, maybe it's not a solid inference, but I wouldn't call this assumption mental gymnastics by any stretch of the imagination. Or what do you think the logical context here is? Melnyk on-board with cancel culture over something Little said that was unintentionally offensive?

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
I’m glad you agree Melnyk should be summarily fired for swearing at his employees .

/thread

No he is an asshole for it and got sued because you can’t fire the boss, but please defend others when they do it and say it’s normal and fine, then Go back to saying someone else is garbage because they also do it.

/thread is right

kife

Dec 18, 2011
Come on now, he felt he needed to apologize because he used a swear word in a conversation?
Pffff get real
What you're not getting is that he cleared up the reason for dismissal in reaction to it being portrayed by the sensmedia as a flagrant contravention of the abuse guidelines set up by the nhl - which it was not even close to being hence the statement by Bettman declaring as such. While what he said may not have been smart given the moron he is working for, I don't believe for a second that there wasn't provocation for said behaviour. Melnyk does not have an established good track record in his own employee relations. He's a weasel, his past behaviour indicates as much.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
What you're not getting is that he cleared up the reason for dismissal in reaction to it being portrayed by the sensmedia as a flagrant contravention of the abuse guidelines set up by the nhl - which it was not even close to being hence the statement by Bettman declaring as such. While what he said may not have been smart given the moron he is working for, I don't believe for a second that there wasn't provocation for said behaviour. Melnyk does not have an established good track record in his own employee relations. He's a weasel, his past behaviour indicates as much.

he doesn’t get it because “getting it” is not his goal - just block him and his ridiculous strawman arguments. You won’t miss anything relevant or useful I promise.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013

Well that’s because the new guild lines are for coach player interaction, so while he made a statement to say keep me out of it that doesn’t really change the fact little was fired for good reason

kife

Dec 18, 2011
he doesn’t get it because “getting it” is not his goal - just block him and his ridiculous strawman arguments. You won’t miss anything relevant or useful I promise.
I don't believe in blocking in any social platform although it is rare that you could use both obtuse and obdurate in the same sentence when describing somebody's arguing for an obviously toxic ownership relationship.

Reactions: Ed Wood

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Lets not forget it was the same guy that decided that certain reporters could no longer take the team plane because they wouldnt remove the uber video.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013

Umm what strawman? Again what is it you think I am arguing?
The guy said why he got fired, he told the world..
The straw man is the other way.
But hey way to drop in with the bully tactics of,..don’t talk to him
Always a top notch contribution

Emerica

May 29, 2010
70% of the threads on this board make no sense to me because of all the posters I have blocked. Honestly don't mind, it makes for a much more peaceful experience.

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
Umm what strawman? Again what is it you think I am arguing?
The guy said why he got fired, he told the world..
The straw man is the other way.
But hey way to drop in with the bully tactics of,..don’t talk to him
Always a top notch contribution
You might want to look up what a straw man argument is....

Your strawman is that everyone is condoning abusive behavior while nobody is. Another straw man angle you present are the alternate "facts" that in no way relate to reality.

I've told you your straw man, now you tell us ours.

Reactions: Deku and The Lewler

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Everyone seems preoccupied with Little's acknowledgement that he swore

Curious what guy's think about Little self-identifying as "strong willed"

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
You might want to look up what a straw man argument is....

Your strawman is that everyone is condoning abusive behavior while nobody is. Another straw man angle you present are the alternate "facts" that in no way relate to reality.

I've told you your straw man, now you tell us ours.

yes if you read the posts I am clearly talking to someone cheering on the behavior so your strawman is just a “cool” word you used with no real content in order to discredit someone without having to add anything. Just a blind insult

I think I already did, Little admits to what he did, admits he got fired, and the response is
“ohh ya why do you think Melnyk got sued? this is all EM’s fault”
“No no Bettman said blah blah so clearly little did nothing wrong”

Those are strawman arguments

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown

"Everyone"?

You can probably drop the "every" part of that word, and it would be far more accurate.

Everyone ACKNOWLEDGES that fact, but I am only counting one person who is preoccupied with that detail.

I think it would be safe to say that "strong-willed" is a pretty common self-assessment among executives at that level. It's rare to have the career aspirations to move that far up within corporate structures in his capacity without being a bit of a brash personality.

Knowing that his use of "strong willed" was directly related to the Valentine's Day incident where he and Melnyk had a falling out, I'm led to guess that maybe Little had an idea for an organizational plan, Melnyk didn't like it, and rather than regroup and come up with another plan, Little was adamant about his ideas. Possibly by being too honest about his feelings about how the organization was handled in the past, which was probably a sore spot for Melnyk.

I mean... Purely conjecture, obviously, but it gives a good example of what I mean when I'm trying to define "strong-willed" as I think it might apply to Little. This is a profession that thrives on a cult of personality. This is a guy that probably believes that you need to break down doors sometimes, and worry about the pieces later.

Last edited:

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Not concerned about that myself. Most C level execs I've know are and would probably identify themselves as such.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009

it means nothing, anyone can be strong willed at any level in any position.

The context I think means he was hired to do a job and he wasn’t allowed to do it the job he set out to do, so he told Melnyck he had a losing strategy peppered with some F-Bombs and that’s that:

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
yes if you read the posts I am clearly talking to someone cheering on the behavior so your strawman is just a “cool” word you used with no real content in order to discredit someone without having to add anything. Just a blind insult

I think I already did, Little admits to what he did, admits he got fired, and the response is
“ohh ya why do you think Melnyk got sued? this is all EM’s fault”
“No no Bettman said blah blah so clearly little did nothing wrong”

Those are strawman arguments
lol, your response is actually a strawman. Well done sir

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Not concerned about that myself. Most C level execs I've know are and would probably identify themselves as such.

None of it matters, really. I don't care that Little swore, that he's strong-willed, or even that he got fired.

What I want to know is what part of his "direction" did Melnyk disagree with? That's what caused the confrontation in the first place, and from what Little said publicly, he wanted to do all of the right things.

This is less about Little, and more about what their differences actually were. Does Melnyk not think it's important to rebuild community trust, reconnect with local businesses, and provide more incentives to fans?

Last edited:
Reactions: Qward

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
lol, your response is actually a strawman. Well done sir

Haha you did it again...well done. I clearly pointed out the real strawman going on and the fact that I was directly talking to people cheering on this behavior and that was your answer?

Sureeee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad