Sens hire Jim Little as CEO and now he's fired...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
- is "Jim Little" just a Melnyk pseudonym?
- or is it just Boro in disguise?
- or is he a co-op student?
- and is his coat any indication of the Senators' future jersey? The colours match.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Well, if nothing else this guys fashion sense will distract attention away from Melnyk and the on ice product...

Seriously though, he has a fair bit on his resume and frankly i have no clue how to evaluate a NHL team CEO hire, so might as well be patient and wait and see how he does.

Reactions: Ice-Tray

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
This guy gets final say on jerseys...

This.

I was just listening to TSN1200 and when they brought up how the team would likely be changing looks under his tenure, I immediately thought "do I want a suit from the telecom marketing world in charge of making that transition?" The fact that it's Shaw doesn't make it more digestible either.

These guys always think they know better than the fans so I'm very worried about which direction he'll go in. We could end up with the worst version of 2D jerseys possible.

Hope I'm wrong though.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
This.

I was just listening to TSN1200 and when they brought up how the team would likely be changing looks under his tenure, I immediately thought "do I want a suit from the telecom marketing world in charge of making that transition?" The fact that it's Shaw doesn't make it more digestible either.

These guys always think they know better than the fans so I'm very worried about which direction he'll go in. We could end up with the worst version of 2D jerseys possible.

Hope I'm wrong though.
if a couple of posters on here are accurate with their jersey info, they have already been working on the new jerseys and likely can't change anything now.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Stevenson wrote a pretty positive article on the guy that was just posted to the Athletic

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
FUD is a commonly used term for spreading fake information for a biased agenda. Think console wars for example, at least that's where I've seen it used mostly. Xbox guy makes stuff up about Playstation (specs for example) and tries to spread it so that it almost becomes accepted information.

I don't think Variable used the term right here though, as I just see mostly jokes poking fun at some pretty hilarious wardrobe decisions along with the usual skepticism that we all know is warranted. It's meant to insinuate false information being spread on purpose, not just dissatisfaction or skepticism based on previous events and circumstances.

Last edited:

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
This is a surprisingly good hire. We have a guy with significant corporate experience who will be working on re-establishing corporate sponsorships for this team. I'm also encouraged that Melnyk outsourced this hiring process to a third party. Hopefully that becomes the standard for the organization when it comes to hiring senior executive positions.

Reactions: bert

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Say this much - his resume is significantly more impressive than was Ruszkowski's. I'd venture to say that it might be as impressive as Anselmi's. It would also appear as if he will actually live here - you knew that Anselmi's tenure was going to be short when he never actually moved here, but instead kept living in Toronto and just stayed at the Brookstreet when he came here. Nothing says, "just visiting" like a guy who won't actually move to the market...

Reactions: swiftwin

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Say this much - his resume is significantly more impressive than was Ruszkowski's. I'd venture to say that it might be as impressive as Anselmi's. It would also appear as if he will actually live here - you knew that Anselmi's tenure was going to be short when he never actually moved here, but instead kept living in Toronto and just stayed at the Brookstreet when he came here. Nothing says, "just visiting" like a guy who won't actually move to the market...
Ruszkowski's tenure was as disastrous as they come. It appears they figured that out quickly though.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Because the internet has empowered everyone to be a know it all complainer with a voice that must be heard

definitely

I mean complaints are never valid, ever

I forgot its not fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me, we have to be fooled a 100 times before we get that stage right?

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Resume looks solid.

This is good news, no matter how you spin it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad