Sens hire Jim Little as CEO and now he's fired...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grizwald

Dec 19, 2017
This news shocks me! SAID. NO ONE. EVER!

Mickey Mouse Organization.

Last edited:

SPF6ty9

Feb 22, 2016
Caca Poopoo Peepee Shire
‘conduct inconsistent with core values...!.’
Oh boy here weee go... been awhile since a major shitstorm hit.
So Poll:
Worse or less worse than the infamous Buffalo shuttle incident ?

He probably didn't want to have to throw out his own trash or take his turn watering the office plant and Melnyk had enough.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
*knocks on door*

"Come in"

"Hi Mr. Melnyk. Jim Little here. I was just wondering about my pay? It's been 2 months and it hasn't come in yet."

"GET OUT! YOU'RE FIRED!"

"For what? Not getting paid?"

"Yes! Demanding pay for your job is inconsistent with the core values of this organization! Also, I used your salary to pay my pilot..."

"You what?"

"GET OUT! I'M CURRENTLY TWEETING ABOUT YOUR DISMISSAL!"

"Don't we have a tweet guy?"

"I fired him for asking for his pay too...in, hey Jim, before you go, what's a hashtag?"

"Feel free to suck my little Jim, Eugene."

*door slams*

/end scene

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
This is incredible. He lasted what? A month. This organization is a disaster.

It doesn't sound like EM and Little had a falling out and he got fired.
Considering the time frame I would guess it had to be along the lines of inappropriate language or contact with another employee. Nowadays that gets you marched out the door really fast!

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
It doesn't sound like EM and Little had a falling out and he got fired.
Considering the time frame I would guess it had to be along the lines of inappropriate language or contact with another employee. Nowadays that gets you marched out the door really fast!
Maybe he took a swing at old Eugene? That would do it, and it would probably get him a key to the city as well.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
This is so bizarre. What in the world happened? I hope we find out. Could easily be the type of thing that gets covered by NDAs.

foggyvisor

Jun 28, 2018
LOLOloloLOLOLololOLOLOlol

to all the people heaping praises on the org for hiring this guy. When will you ever learn.

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
This is my favorite part of the press release:

The Board of Directors of the Ottawa Senators Hockey Club today announced that Jim Little has been released from his duties as Chief Executive Officer. The decision was made as a result of conduct inconsistent with the core values of the Ottawa Senators and the National Hockey League,” the team said in a written statement.

Is Melnyk the sole director?

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Typical Sens.

I guess we'll find out if Little was fired because the team had an issue with him or if they hired a dude who committed some inappropriate act (in which case, good job on the character/reference checks).

Brdyen was poor but this org is beyond a poopshow at this point. It's like they are incapable of doing the basics properly.
I love how you slam the Senators without knowing any of the facts. Maybe in this case the Sens did the right thing.
Little had a great track record but who knows what skeletons were in his closet.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
This is my favorite part of the press release:

The Board of Directors of the Ottawa Senators Hockey Club today announced that Jim Little has been released from his duties as Chief Executive Officer. The decision was made as a result of conduct inconsistent with the core values of the Ottawa Senators and the National Hockey League,” the team said in a written statement.

I was never aware such a thing existed. My guess is that its Melnyk, Dorion and Dorion's reflection in his iPad.

I've never heard of it before. There's no mention on the Senators website. But there's also no profile of Melnyk on the website either.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
I love how you slam the Senators without knowing any of the facts. Maybe in this case the Sens did the right thing.
Little had a great track record but who knows what skeletons were in his closet.

Maybe they should vet candidates, then?

When shit like this keeps happening over and over, it's pretty fair to slam the organization. They should get ZERO benefit of doubt at this point.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Maybe they should vet candidates, then?

When shit like this keeps happening over and over, it's pretty fair to slam the organization. They should get ZERO benefit of doubt at this point.
You ever hire anybody?
Sometimes you think you have a great candidate, you do all the checks and after hiring them something bad surfaces. It happens.
In light of all the issues I give the Senators a little benefit of doubt. Not much, but a little.

Reactions: stlwahoo

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
A multi-million dollar organization should have been well aware of these skeletons before offering him the position. Obviously some things slip through the cracks, but after the Rick Lee debacle, if I am the Ottawa Senators, I am turning over every rock when conducting interviews and background checks. Either way this turns out, the Ottawa Senators have once again proven to be the world's most unstable sports organization.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
You ever hire anybody?
Sometimes you think you have a great candidate, you do all the checks and after hiring them something bad surfaces. It happens.
In light of all the issues I give the Senators a little benefit of doubt. Not much, but a little.
yeah it seemed like everyone loved the guy. Not going to bother speculating what happened if anything, that's not fair to him. We'll probably never know anyway.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
You ever hire anybody?

I've never hired anyone for a very high profile job to lead my organization, trotted them out in front of the media to tell everyone that everything has changed and he's the right person to lead everything forward, and then fired him two months later, no.

What other NHL team has done that?

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Gary Bettman at the GM meeting: "It's not what you think" and called it an "internal operations decision".

From that comment, clearly not some "terrible" skeletons in a closet.

My guess is Little was actually honest with Melnyk.

Reactions: DrEasy and FlyingJ
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad