Sens hire Jim Little as CEO and now he's fired...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alfie11

Feb 23, 2018

f***ing GONG.

Typical Sens.

I guess we'll find out if Little was fired because the team had an issue with him or if they hired a dude who committed some inappropriate act (in which case, good job on the character/reference checks).

Brdyen was poor but this org is beyond a poopshow at this point. It's like they are incapable of doing the basics properly.

Reactions: DrEasy

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
I wanted to be excited about this hire and then I saw this picture of Jim Little and thought 'no man that matched that tartan jacket, with that striped shirt, with that polka dot tie should be trusted with anything of any importance'.
hertage-sponsor-golf.jpg
Maybe @slamingo nailed it and maybe he is a scumbag?

Dingle

summer is gone
Nov 22, 2019
The Sens seem to go through executives quicker than Melnyk goes through gambling money.

Have you guys kept track? ...Between, chief executive, chief operating, chief marketing, chief financial.. We are running out of Chief's.

Over, under on him
< 1 year
1 to 2 years
2 to 3 years
>3 years

I say 2 years less a few months.

Whoever took < 1 year wins.

BigHitter67

Feb 6, 2014
‘conduct inconsistent with core values...!.’
Oh boy here weee go... been awhile since a major shitstorm hit.
So Poll:
Worse or less worse than the infamous Buffalo shuttle incident ?

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Which makes me think this had to be something that absolutely couldn't be overlooked. Remember how long it took them to fire Randy Lee?

As weird as it sounds I really hope so. I'm tired of this franchise being a joke

That being said it's hard to imagine what could have happened in a month and half that's brand new. Most suggestions /guesses are things that would have come up in a background/references check

Reactions: YouGotAStuGoing

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
#internalsalarycap

Were going to find out Melnyk has another lawsuit in 3....2....

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
I had dealings with Little years and years ago and liked him. His reputation in the corporate world was solid as far as I know, and he was really respected for his work with the Canadian Open.

I’m stunned. I thought this was a really strong hire.

Reactions: GCK and swiftwin

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
This is my favorite part of the press release:

The Board of Directors of the Ottawa Senators Hockey Club today announced that Jim Little has been released from his duties as Chief Executive Officer. The decision was made as a result of conduct inconsistent with the core values of the Ottawa Senators and the National Hockey League,” the team said in a written statement.

I was never aware such a thing existed. My guess is that its Melnyk, Dorion and Dorion's reflection in his iPad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad