Sens hire Jim Little as CEO and now he's fired...

Status
Not open for further replies.

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
I guess a small positive here is that it essentially confirms we are doomed with Eugene as owner full stop, there's nothing to be gained by wishing for a change in character or beliefs at this point as it won't happen, the team under current ownership will continue to be unsuccessful and will seemingly exist to maintain the current lifestyle of the owner solely. Barring no challenge from the league itself and no further health issues or a desire to sell from Eugene, I predict continually lowering attendances until the team inevitably folds due to bankruptcy, I don't think the league would ever allow Eugene to enter a new market and thus view that option as off the table.
I would love the league to make a statement that says the Senators will not move. Further, should any owner wish to purposely devalue the franchise all NHL loans will be called and the league will purchase the team out of bankruptcy. The former owner left with nothing. It's not like he invested anything to begin with but it'd be grand

Reactions: Upgrayedd

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Will this front office turmoil and negativity trickle into the hockey ops where players are hesitant to commit long term?

Will the young players coming off ELCs and facing that decision care? Will they get pressure from their own connections to "get the hell out of there"?

foggyvisor

Jun 28, 2018
Here's what boggles my mind:

During the extensive interview process, would it not have been expected that Little would have tabled some big picture ideas regarding the strategic ideas he wanted to implement? Would they also not have discussed the degree of autonomy he would be afforded in his job?

Why was all this news to Melnyk one month into the job?

foggyvisor

Jun 28, 2018
Will this front office turmoil and negativity trickle into the hockey ops where players are hesitant to commit long term?

Will the young players coming off ELCs and facing that decision care? Will they get pressure from their own connections to "get the hell out of there"?

100%

Certain posters here will tell you the players block all this out and don't care, but they obviously do.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
On the brightside, with the influx of prospects and high draft picks, this looks to be an attractive franchise for inevitable new ownership to re-brand the Senators.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
yes if you read the posts I am clearly talking to someone cheering on the behavior so your strawman is just a “cool” word you used with no real content in order to discredit someone without having to add anything. Just a blind insult

I think I already did, Little admits to what he did, admits he got fired, and the response is
“ohh ya why do you think Melnyk got sued? this is all EM’s fault”
“No no Bettman said blah blah so clearly little did nothing wrong”

Those are strawman arguments

You're the one making strawman arguments.

It takes two to tango for a discussion to get heated. Most people here are upset at Eugene's inability to let Little do his job without interference. The fact that Little got fired because he swore at Melnyk is completely irrelevant, and only happened as a result of Melnyk not letting Little do his job.

Yet here you are, still avoiding the question.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Here's what boggles my mind:

During the extensive interview process, would it not have been expected that Little would have tabled some big picture ideas regarding the strategic ideas he wanted to implement? Would they also not have discussed the degree of autonomy he would be afforded in his job?

Why was all this news to Melnyk one month into the job?
I personally think the autonomy was there in theory otherwise Little wouldn't have taken the job but when it came down to actually crunching out the numbers to execute his plans it wasn't something that was appealing to Melnyk

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I have no idea why you're doing this, but you're trying to change the definition of words. Investors are investors. Customers are customers. Why are you trying to confuse things?

Investors look to make profit or increase capital.

Customers spend money in return for an object or service.

Season ticket holders are paying money to get entertained. They are not making money or gaining capital.

I don't think anyone would call them investors except you.

Words actually have a meaning and it's probably not a good idea to go around changing the definitions of words you use. It will confuse others because they won't know you mean customer when you say investor.

This is why I used the word "function".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad