Post-Game Talk: Sens @ Hawks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iconoclast

Lifestyle on camera
May 2, 2013
Toronto
If I feed 100 people at a soup kitchen, but I punch one of them in the face, I'm still getting arrested.

And in hockey if you score 100 goals but then let 1 in, you still win the game.

Obviously that's a bit exaggerated but I think you can see where I'm going with this.

I'm not saying he doesn't leave a lot to be desired defensively, but Karlsson's offensive contributions have helped us more than his gaffs have hindered us.

John Holmes*

i don't think he coasted back or that he didn't put in effort on the Wingels goal, but rather it was a decision that came from the way he plays the game. A toddler can tell you what was wrong with the play in hindsight. I think he misread and made a bad decision rather than gave up on the play.

To use a baseball analogy, that's why you run hard to first base on a routine ground ball.

Karlsson assumed the play was over before it was.

John Holmes*

And in hockey if you score 100 goals but then let 1 in, you still win the game.

Obviously that's a bit exaggerated but I think you can see where I'm going with this.

I'm not saying he doesn't leave a lot to be desired defensively, but Karlsson's offensive contributions have helped us more than his gaffs have hindered us.

I just think that is the wrong attitude to have. I can't say I'm surprised though.

It seems to be an Ottawa thing. Kind of like how everyone would go to bat for Lalime when he was giving away playoff games, and ultimately series'.

Poor play is poor play. Making excuses for it is accepting mediocrity, which I'm not interested in, and it looks like MacStache feels the same way based on the lines at practice.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I just think that is the wrong attitude to have. I can't say I'm surprised though.

It seems to be an Ottawa thing. Kind of like how everyone would go to bat for Lalime when he was giving away playoff games, and ultimately series'.

Poor play is poor play. Making excuses for it is accepting mediocrity, which I'm not interested in, and it looks like MacStache feels the same way based on the lines at practice.

It's a game man, cool off a bit, seriously. You come across like a jilted lover, dumped by sports entertainment. Time to put your big boy pants on.

Lalime didn't let you down, he was a guy trying his best to win games. You let yourself down by co-opting your emotions to someone playing a game. Watch the sport and try to enjoy it. He gave all he had for the team, he never gave up.

The way you talk, guys "give" away games, like hockey is a joke to them. Easy to say from your couch bud. I'm so tired of loud mouths dumping on guys, the types who've never had the talent, nor born the pressure of ever having to win an important anything, talking like their opinions mean squat.

You keep spouting about this and that, I wish you'd take a breath and relax, treat the game and it's players like people, who are talented and flawed and try and enjoy the game.

You come across as a sad and negative person. I feel sorry for you.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
It's a game man, cool off a bit, seriously. You come across like a jilted lover, dumped by sports entertainment. Time to put your big boy pants on.

Lalime didn't let you down, he was a guy trying his best to win games. You let yourself down by co-opting your emotions to someone playing a game. Watch the sport and try to enjoy it. He gave all he had for the team, he never gave up.

The way you talk, guys "give" away games, like hockey is a joke to them. Easy to say from your couch bud. I'm so tired of loud mouths dumping on guys, the types who've never had the talent, nor born the pressure of ever having to win an important anything, talking like their opinions mean squat.

You keep spouting about this and that, I wish you'd take a breath and relax, treat the game and it's players like people, who are talented and flawed and try and enjoy the game.

Words of wisdom!

John Holmes*

Loser talk.

Nice grade 9 psychoanalysis by the way. Seems like you missed the point entirely, so I'll dumb it down.

Dogging it and lazy play = bad and worthy of criticizing.

You want to be one of those rah-rah no matter what types...that's your prerogative.

Dysentery

Ottawa Senators
Sep 14, 2011
New Brunswick
I believe that the Sens lost more fans than they gained due to all those playoff losses to the Leafs.

Point being this team needs to win, and these players need to feel the heat. Screw this pesky BS, If I was Maclean I would ban the word "Pesky" and the "Pesky" t-shirts- I'd lite em mup mup mup theyre on FIIIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRRRRRRE.

Im Mad.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Loser talk.

Nice grade 9 psychoanalysis by the way. Seems like you missed the point entirely, so I'll dumb it down.

Dogging it and lazy play = bad and worthy of criticizing.

You want to be one of those rah-rah no matter what types...that's your prerogative.

Oh look, more of the same, shocking. You're like the grumpy negative dude in the corner that people have to tune out. If you operate at a grade nine level, you get a grade nine level diagnosis, unfortunately you're not nearly as clever as you think.

The irony is that YOUR posts are the loser mentality posts, always negative, always whining and complaining, and you don't even seem to have the sense to see it.

As I've tried to explain to you, the "dogging it and lazy play" mostly exists in your head. You have unreal expectations on the human beings that actually have to play the game. When the team and players never meets them, you spout off, which is after every game. There are no good games for a guy like you, someone always crosses you, isn't good enough for some reason or another, and unfortunately everyone here has to hear about it constantly.

The goal isn't to be "rah, rah", it's to apply a modicum of common sense to the situation, to being a fan, and to watching the sport in general.

Again, I feel sorry for you. Must suck to be a sens fan, or a sports fan in general...

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012

Excellent post :handclap:

John Holmes*

Oh look, more of the same, shocking. You're like the grumpy negative dude in the corner that people have to tune out. If you operate at a grade nine level, you get a grade nine level diagnosis, unfortunately you're not nearly as clever as you think.

The irony is that YOUR posts are the loser mentality posts, always negative, always whining and complaining, and you don't even seem to have the sense to see it.

As I've tried to explain to you, the "dogging it and lazy play" mostly exists in your head. You have unreal expectations on the human beings that actually have to play the game. When the team and players never meets them, you spout off, which is after every game. There are no good games for a guy like you, someone always crosses you, isn't good enough for some reason or another, and unfortunately everyone here has to hear about it constantly.

The goal isn't to be "rah, rah", it's to apply a modicum of common sense to the situation, to being a fan, and to watching the sport in general.

Again, I feel sorry for you. Must suck to be a sens fan, or a sports fan in general...

You're embarrassing yourself.

Anyway, feel free to ignore my posts.

take a peek

Mar 4, 2007

well said, but it's a lost cause.

It seems most around here have left ol' Holmes to grumble by himself and ignore his attention seeking negativity. Its funny when you see one comment, then two with nobody responding so he ups his level and still no one says anything.

He is like the old guy everyone knows in town, sitting out front the store, mumbling about how the world ought to be in his perfect mind. Nobody really pays attention except once in a while someone thinks they can help but come away wondering why they tried.

Magix

Oct 10, 2010
Holmes isnt bad sometimes I laugh though.

Honestly, I'd rather read his posts than the sarcastic duochebag ones.

John Holmes*

well said, but it's a lost cause.

It seems most around here have left ol' Holmes to grumble by himself and ignore his attention seeking negativity. Its funny when you see one comment, then two with nobody responding so he ups his level and still no one says anything.

He is like the old guy everyone knows in town, sitting out front the store, mumbling about how the world ought to be in his perfect mind. Nobody really pays attention except once in a while someone thinks they can help but come away wondering why they tried.

:laugh:

Sometimes I don't read a thread for a while and then answer a few posts back to back.

I don't wait for a response and escalate when I don't get one.

You are seriously overestimating the importance this board, this team or hockey in general have in my life.

If you guys want to watch Spezza wave his stick at Kessel, or glide by Getzlaf, or watch Karlsson let some scrub beat him to a puck lying in the crease, and pretend none of it happened...go nuts.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
:laugh:

Sometimes I don't read a thread for a while and then answer a few posts back to back.

I don't wait for a response and escalate when I don't get one.

You are seriously overestimating the importance this board, this team or hockey in general have in my life.

If you guys want to watch Spezza wave his stick at Kessel, or glide by Getzlaf, or watch Karlsson let some scrub beat him to a puck lying in the crease, and pretend none of it happened...go nuts.

Strawman, again, since of course no one has ever said any of this...

People like to either poke at you, or ignore you, because your posts are always negative, dramatic, and whiny.

John Holmes*

Nobody has said that Spezza and Karlsson's gaffes are OK because they create so many offensive chances?

What board are you reading?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad