Post-Game Talk: Sens @ Habs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
I was born in 1924 and turned 90 this month..................

Hockey gets me out of the house 40 nites a year and keeps me going......

Health is still pretty good but have to watch some things expected at my age..... Do not drive much at nite anymore can do it but not as a younger person can.............

Will keep going as long as I can God willing..........

49 a mere child, I had more energy at that age..............

I have had a full life 5 yrs in the Navy I enlisted right after Pearl Harbor, can tell you stories about it. We defeated Hitler and those dam Japs as I was part of the greatest generation.....Life was diff back then less hectic. We had 2 newspapers and a radio for news.

More later am starting to ramble a bit..................

Cheers, Zeke, and Happy Birthday!

I appreciate reading your posts, and love to hear about the Bingo boys... both the scouting reports, and the joy of them winning the Calder in 2011.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005

Health is still pretty good but have to watch some things expected at my age..... Do not drive much at nite anymore can do it but not as a younger person can.............

I have had a full life 5 yrs in the Navy I enlisted right after Pearl Harbor, can tell you stories about it. We defeated Hitler and those dam Japs as I was part of the greatest generation.....Life was diff back then less hectic. We had 2 newspapers and a radio for news.

Happy Birthday Zeke.

it is always so interesting to get your take on the players down there.
Really appreciate it.
Happy the boys were able to bring the Cup to Bingo a few years ago.

I'm glad the Sens took their time with Hoffman and didn't let him go only to see him break out for another team. Now here he is on the top 6.

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Cheers, Zeke, and Happy Birthday!

I appreciate reading your posts, and love to hear about the Bingo boys... both the scouting reports, and the joy of them winning the Calder in 2011.

"Flamingo":

Thank you for the support about what I post in the Binghamton blog here on HF if anybody asks I try to reply the best I can...

I am NOT always right about the prospects as I did Not think Mark Stone was going to make it to Ottawa, as I thought he was too slow and a bit injury prone... He made me eat my words am happy that he did as I want all the prospects to make it to Ottawa, but not the way it works sadly...............

I admit I am biased about this player over that player as I think all of us are to a degree, can't help it............

I prefer stay at home D-men that keep the puck out of our net always have, but I love to watch EK play as he is a great talent....... I will never forgive Cooke for what he did NEVER............

Ahhhhhhhhhhh the Calder Cup season of 2010-2011 it took me 38 yrs to get a cup... Now no one can ever take it away from me as it is all mine....

Thanks again..............

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

Now that is terrific. By all means, keep talking. There's a helluva lot the Boomers Xers, Ys and Millennials still need to learn.

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Happy Birthday Zeke.

it is always so interesting to get your take on the players down there.
Really appreciate it.
Happy the boys were able to bring the Cup to Bingo a few years ago.

I'm glad the Sens took their time with Hoffman and didn't let him go only to see him break out for another team. Now here he is on the top 6.

"Pepty":

Glad you appreciate my posts on the prospects..............

I am not always right but if I think a player will make it up top and he fails that bothers me, but if I think a player will not make it to Ottawa and he does great for him and good for Ottawa and depth......

I always liked Mike and yes I am glad they didn't rush him I wish they would do that will all the prospects. As in my view they rushed Zibby as he needed more time in Binghamton.....

The Cup yr that was great I have lived long enough to see the Red Sox win the World Series 3 times and Binghamton to win the Calder Cup after 38 seasons........

Thanks again all for the birthday wishes and we are getting a bit off topic oh wellllllllllll laughing

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
[B said:
Do Make Say Think[/B];94446667]ZekeA is 90 years old?!

That's badass

You are awesome, congratulations on the milestone!

"UnFinishedSpezza":

Thank you UnFinishedSpezza my cake had 90 candles I was afraid the smoke alarm was going to go off...~~~~~!!!!!!!!!!!

To be honest I wish I was 50 had a lot more energy at 50.......

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Now that is terrific. By all means, keep talking. There's a helluva lot the Boomers Xers, Ys and Millennials still need to learn.

"Nac Mac Feegle":

Thank you Nac Mac Feegle appreciate it...................

I learn new things everyday seems like there are so darn many things to keep up with at times too dam many, and it will only get worse................

Keeps me going ...................

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Probably

He's got a one way deal and is a decent bottom pairing player who can fight and hit well

Not enough grit on this roster to make him expendable, especially with Neil hitting age regression and being currently hurt

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I was blowing off steam, I hate that team too much

Feel much better now :laugh:

I don't know if I'm with NMF in that we need 3 more high end players but I think we are definitely in need of at least one more high end guy. So maybe not a lot, like I said, but considerably more so

The lack of finish from this team tonight was utterly dispiriting

By skill I guess I meant people who can bury their chances because we have a lot of people who fail to do so. Look at Pageau playing with Michalek and Chiasson: they created offense but no finish, that line needs more skill, especially on the wing; it doesn't help that Chiasson looks to be a step behind the play at. Maybe just more time will help... I dunno, just talking about it makes me angry

Of course, this team now lacks a 1st line center... we pretty much knew it when Spezza decided to quit on the team, but what can you do about that? It's his own choice. We got what we could for a soon-to-be UFA in Spezza but ideally he would have played 5 more seasons with the Sens (but would have needed a better effort than 2013-14).

Add a true top-line center and everyone looks better. Turris and Zibanejad as 2nd and 3rd line centers sounds good. Enough depth on wing too with Hoffman, Ryan, Stone, MacArthur, Chiasson, Lazar and Michalek... Still need a lot of development there though (and maybe Puempel, Prince and Paul too for example)

But anyway, this team is still too cheap, young and inexperienced to make serious noise IMO. They are pretty much like Colorado or Calgary in the development stage.

Because he was lazy and coasting back...but can't say anything bad about Legwand since he's shutdown C right xSpirit?

I have seen every NHL player make bad plays before. Legwand is certainly not immune to that. If you think he didn't have a great career then good for you. He's at a stage where he is a serviceable player now and not a key player anymore. Lost speed and stamina over the years. And he is paid accordingly... 3.0 is pretty much the average salary in NHL today... Nothing more to see. I'm not expecting more than an average output... Not all UFAs turn out MacArthur good.

You can choose to hate on him and others, it's your choice but I certainly won't do that because it's just an entertainment that I CHOOSE to follow. In my book, that'd be pretty dumb to whine on it 24/7... so yeah, you won't find me doing that a lot, sorry. So please, quit on trying to quote me (without a mistake in my username would help), I really don't care that much. I really don't read a lot nowadays and it was pure hazard I have seen my botched username in your post.

We made the SCF though so that was pretty successful. The challenge is to be a good team over a long period of time until you win.

They had the best team on paper (or close) from 2002 to 2006 but that changed in 2007 (after losing Chara, Havlat and Hasek mainly and Redden regressing), but still made the SCF. They have underachieved in those 2002-03 to 2005-06 seasons. Should have 1 cup win there and maybe another SCF or Cup.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal

You sir, have my full respect and admiration. I can only hope to make it so far and still be so enthusiastic about hockey. :)

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
I have seen every NHL player make bad plays before. Legwand is certainly not immune to that. If you think he didn't have a great career then good for you. He's at a stage where he is a serviceable player now and not a key player anymore. Lost speed and stamina over the years. And he is paid accordingly... 3.0 is pretty much the average salary in NHL today... Nothing more to see. I'm not expecting more than an average output... Not all UFAs turn out MacArthur good.

You can choose to hate on him and others, it's your choice but I certainly won't do that because it's just an entertainment that I CHOOSE to follow. In my book, that'd be pretty dumb to whine on it 24/7... so yeah, you won't find me doing that a lot, sorry. So please, quit on trying to quote me (without a mistake in my username would help), I really don't care that much. I really don't read a lot nowadays and it was pure hazard I have seen my botched username in your post.

Actually I don't hate him. Not sure where you got that impression. From the minute he was signed I've been pretty bang on with him and wasn't too surprised to see him play the 4th line. I'm just having a little fun as you were the one who was calling him a shutdown center and quoting GA numbers. I just don't see him as a shut down center that's all.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Zeke that's extremely badass. Holy **** 90 years old yet watches every game and posts on a forum regularly proving techsavvy with the best of them!?!? That is beyond impressive wtf.

What can you not do, Zeke?

Someone needs to document your story with bingo sens. Someone get into connection with management in bingo or something.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Funny, the last page of their PGT is yet more evidence of their continued obsession with the Senators.

They really haven't gotten over that playoff loss.

It's two years now! Time to get over it already. :shakehead:

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Zeke you are definitely a refreshing presence not just on these boards, but for the internet in general. Happy birthday and congratulations on the milestone!

Flip_4

Mar 22, 2006
Ottawa
Funny, the last page of their PGT is yet more evidence of their continued obsession with the Senators.

They really haven't gotten over that playoff loss.

It's two years now! Time to get over it already. :shakehead:

Kind of like a certain fan base's (Ottawa's) obsession with the Leafs?? :sarcasm:

:xtree:

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
You sir, have my full respect and admiration. I can only hope to make it so far and still be so enthusiastic about hockey. :)

"L'Aveuglette":

Thanks for the kind words as for Hockey I enjoyed the game more in the 60's and 70's.. Was a diff game back then more fighting and hitting back then...

Today's game is watered down tooooo much for my taste + the penalty minutes they hand out for a fight are BS way out of line now.........

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Zeke that's extremely badass. Holy **** 90 years old yet watches every game and posts on a forum regularly proving techsavvy with the best of them!?!? That is beyond impressive wtf.

What can you not do, Zeke?

Someone needs to document your story with bingo sens. Someone get into connection with management in bingo or something.

"ReginKarlssonLehner":

Thank you ReginKarlssonLehner well sometimes IF it is miserable down here I stay home and watch the game on AHL live, as cold effects me must have piss in my blood now LoL........

As for my posts I just write what I see and think and I am not perfect on what I think about all the prospects..................

As for what I can't do to be honest I have a very hard time scouting goalies, so I leave that to others. As they rate goalies much better than I can.. So I do not post about them very often......

In real life there are many things that I can't do very well. Anymore I make more typos than I used to, fingers have a mind of their own it seems...............

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Not seeing enough love for Condra-Pageau-Chiasson line here. Thought they were great, had no finish though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad