Pre-Game Talk: Sens-Habs

Status
Not open for further replies.

sens45

Feb 10, 2010
Can't find the game on channel line up but I see Laffs/Philly on our National network CBC. What da phoque is this chiatzo? We have the nation's capital playing another Canadian city and our telecast is demoted to some second city local junk station showing an American team and one that pretends or wishes to be? :rant:

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
This game shows really where we stands. If we win, its strong push for PO. If we lose, we fall back to MacLean times.

Agreed.

This is major test. We just blew out league leaders now we're facing a top team in the division who we do well against but we can't let this slip away at all.

Huge huge test.

Expecting Zib line to continue producing. Karlsson really needs to have one of his "wow" games here.

Plus, I ****ing hate losing to the habs.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
Ah it's been awhile, I hope we win so I can dust this off.

3157716.jpg

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Count+3.png

If Andy wanted the game today, I would have given it to him. Hoping for a big showing from Lehner, no early squeakers please.

Canadian Time

Mar 2, 2002
Visit site
The Habs' speed is a bit exaggerated. A big part of their system is hitting forwards on the fly with long passes from their own end. Markov is especially good at this. When it works, it does indeed look like they're blowing by defensemen. Teams are starting to figure this out and giving them trouble by forechecking hard or clogging up the neutral zone to pick off passes. I hope Cameron has been watching film.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
A kid that's caught my eye on the Habs is Sekac. A nothing signing that looks to be paying off.

Yeah, solid signing. Actually originally he was rumoured to be interested in signing with the Sens. I would love to have him instead of Greening...

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
yep. This is the big test. Saturday night vs the Habs, second of a back-to-back. This is where we see what this team is really made of.

Derivation

Jan 4, 2010
One good open ice hit handles speed anytime. To bad Gryba scare to hit, and Cowen just dont know how use his size.

You obviously only watch the games on tv and have never been to a game live. Cowen uses his size. Every game I have gone to he usually throws down/lays out at least two guys a game. He's 3rd on the team in hits. When he's on there is going to be a price to pay for the other team's forwards.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Good to have Pageau up just in time to face his favorite opponents! :D

I'd normally say our plan should be to outmuscle them and play physical, but unfortunately the refs will get in the way.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
You obviously only watch the games on tv and have never been to a game live. Cowen uses his size. Every game I have gone to he usually throws down/lays out at least two guys a game. He's 3rd on the team in hits. When he's on there is going to be a price to pay for the other team's forwards.

Add Boro into the mix. The combo of Gryba, Cowen and Borowiecki give us a really physical backend. Its probably one of the more physical defenses in the league tbh. Kind of shows you how a big physical D corps won't necessarily translate into an actually good D in today's game. This isn't an indictment of those players, most of the time they're just put into situations they can't handle, but not being physical isn't part of their downside.

Cowen in particular is really coming around. He's looking like the guy we've been wanting/expecting out of the 9th overall pick. I said many times at the beginning of the year that our season will go as Zibanejad and Cowen go, and I still believe that. Them turning the corner at this juncture bodes very well for this team. Despite all the negativity and struggles of this season so far, the play of our young players is really something to get excited about.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I'm sure there will be a clean open ice got that will be called a hit to the head. Playing in Montreal is very difficult. And not because of the "atmosphere" that most Habs fans give themselves credit for.

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
I'm sure there will be a clean open ice got that will be called a hit to the head. Playing in Montreal is very difficult. And not because of the "atmosphere" that most Habs fans give themselves credit for.

Well I don't believe in the #TypicalMTL conspiracy, but one thing is for sure they have a though crowd that put the refs on their heels sometimes.

I watch a lot of the Habs games, the one versus Anaheim ref missed a borderline hit on Pacioretty and then the crowd was in fury, really pissed, refs looked weird and called a make up call on a small bump by Maroon on Weise that put MTL back in the game. It's just weak to whine on referees and it looks a lot like it is what I am doing, but man seriously sometimes in MTL it's BS. Last year when they came back they gave Turris a 2 for hooking while Markov almost went through the ice with his dive. After that in our zone on the PK Greening went for the clear, got tripped clearly right in front of the ref, no call, we get scored. Then in OT, Lehner has the puck for a good 4-5 seconds, they keep crashing him, and they score. Meanwhile, we get two good goals waived off. I don't know, sometimes it's frustrating to be honest.

Kudos to the MTL crowd though, they are a tough building to play in

Last edited:

Senafan

May 17, 2013
Almost afraid to watch...the reffing in these scabs home games drives me insane. If nothing else, please keep it close...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad