Pre-Game Talk: Sens @ Habs Mar. 15 (7 p.m. Eastern)

melnyk budget*

lot of panic going on among hab fans and tsn690. we need to physically dominate them and put them lower.

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
Bring up Pageau, so we can chant Pageau, Pageau, Pageau, Pageau...when we smoke them 4 - 0.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
Huge game, as usual.

I really like our chances. The Habs sucks lately, and they are dropping games like crazy. It wouldn't surprise me if they dropped out of the playoff picture before the season ends.

Spez

Feb 14, 2013
I'm not worried about Price. We've lit him up for 4 goals in all 3 games this year. We lost cause of that stupid Cowen gaff and Andy playing like crap.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
if we win this game and the one against colorado we have REAL good shot with 16 games to go.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Actually they are not that bad and they have been playing some of their best hockey lately possession-wise. They lose because Price is not playing and their save % is something like 0.860 past 5 games.
If Budaj shows up it's gonna be tough.

Last edited:

Spez

Feb 14, 2013
I hope they play Budaj against us because we own that guy like crazy. I swear every time we play him we get at least 5 goals on him all time time.

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
our PP and PK NEED to be solid. I hope they are game-planning for each team individually now. I don't give a **** about overall strategy, just do what you need to do to win.

source

Jul 13, 2008
This will be a good one. Although we're not likely to make the playoffs in any case, it would feel great to serve the Habs a loss here.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
I don't care about making the playoffs anymore, but I really hope we win tomorrow because I would love to see MTL snowball out of a playoff spot. It would be their fourth straight loss if we beat them.

They will probably start winning again when Price is back but idc

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
I just want to watch a game man. What is with this dumb scheduling anyway?

I find it especially stupid that we sit four days and then play back to back.. if this game did not have to be on HNIC it would probably have been today.

Spez

Feb 14, 2013
What I don't understand is this, why couldn't they have made this into a home and home series vs the habs? We play them at home on Friday in April on CBC so you could have had us play them tonight in our barn (on CBC) and then have the return match on Saturday instead of the way it is now. It would have been 3 in 4 nights for the habs but so what? Plenty of teams go through 3 in 4.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
I am more worried about our goaltending

Is aAndy back and will he show any effects from getting banged up?

If Lehner is in will he play like that the start of the year or shaky like his last few starts?

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
If Lehner had a winning record (9-7-4 instead of 7-11-4) Ottawa would be in the playoffs.

Based on all he has done in the pastiche joule have a wining record, but hen you hear opposing coaches talk about him he gives up a lot of prime rebounds and he gives them up from all
Angles, book on Lehner is just throw the puck at the net and wait for the candy.

Big weeken for Lehner, I have my doubts about his goalie of the future status right now, he has been brutal this year

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
If Lehner had a winning record (9-7-4 instead of 7-11-4) Ottawa would be in the playoffs.

Based on all he has done in the pastiche joule have a wining record, but hen you hear opposing coaches talk about him he gives up a lot of prime rebounds and he gives them up from all
Angles, book on Lehner is just throw the puck at the net and wait for the candy.

Big weeken for Lehner, I have my doubts about his goalie of the future status right now, he has been brutal this year

I am surprised we aren't talking about this more. It appears as if Anderson is on the shelf for a while, and Lehner will get the call for both games this weekend. He has had a tough year, but the beautiful thing about sports is that there is always a shot at redemption coming around the corner. If Lehner steps up big, he can salvage both his season, and potentially the team's season. Opportunity knocks...

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I am surprised we aren't talking about this more. It appears as if Anderson is on the shelf for a while, and Lehner will get the call for both games this weekend. He has had a tough year, but the beautiful thing about sports is that there is always a shot at redemption coming around the corner. If Lehner steps up big, he can salvage both his season, and potentially the team's season. Opportunity knocks...

The entire team has been bad all season but if there is one young player who has been especially disappointing considering his track record, you could say he's been a big disappointment it's Lehner, no prospect of ous had such a high ceiling and none has been more if a let down IMO.

Lehner could redeem himself by going on a roll here, anything less then him getting us 4 points this weekend will be a let down

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
The entire team has been bad all season but if there is one young player who has been especially disappointing considering his track record, you could say he's been a big disappointment it's Lehner, no prospect of ous had such a high ceiling and none has been more if a let down IMO.

Lehner could redeem himself by going on a roll here, anything less then him getting us 4 points this weekend will be a let down

He's TWENTY-TWO. The thing about goaltending is that nothing will trump experience over practice so hopefully he gets a few games in a row and proves his worth to the organization. He has the heart of a competitor but he's got to develop some serious mental concentration.

My two areas of concern with him is his rebound control - after all these years it's still very bad and his concentration. The side of the net goals HAVE to stop if you're going to be an NHL goalie.

His stick-handling is also horrendous but a lot of great goalies have gotten by without that skills so I don't care about it as much.

Let's go Lehner, here's your chance to be a star.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad