Pre-Game Talk: Sens @ Habs Mar. 12. I Love Cheeseburgers Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

alfie follower

Oct 16, 2013
ottawa
I really wish there was a healthier nickname for Hammond. I guess it's really difficult to develop a cartoon character that goes around stealing broccoli or carrots, much more a character that starts with "Ham". .

what kid doesn't want his broccoli stolen ?

StoicSensFan

ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
Feb 6, 2014
Cantley
Anderson is the historically better goaltender, but god damn the Sens play better in front of a goaltender they feel they need to cover more than an elite goaltender.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
If Hammond comes up big I would start considering a legitimate good NHL goalie.
I think the break might have ruined his streak though, might come back down to earth.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I wanna think Hammond is coming down to earth any time soon but how calm and brilliant(positionally and laterally) he's been playing in that run makes me think nope.

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
I like Hamburglar vs Habs, since we play Isles in back-to-back. Tavares & Isles have more firepower so we need Andy for that IMO. NO STUPID PENALTIES TONITE, or we're dead.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I like Hamburglar vs Habs, since we play Isles in back-to-back. Tavares & Isles have more firepower so we need Andy for that IMO. NO STUPID PENALTIES TONITE, or we're dead.

No question that the Islanders are the more dangerous team offensively. I had originally thought you might want to play Andy tonight because the Bell Centre is a tough building, but I can see why Cameron might go this route.

The Habs, in fact, are the lowest scoring team currently in a playoff position, which tells you everything you need to know about Carey Price's season. Dude is the runaway MVP in my view - no one else is even close in terms of importance to their team. Unfortunately it doesn't look like we'll get Tokarski tonight. Given the time of year, Price will play until he drops now...

General Zodd

May 6, 2013
Toronto
Yea you're right, I saw the 2 patties and special sauce and first thing I thought of was "Big Mac". Anyways I was at the In&Out in Burbank and was not impressed at all- simple menu and way over-rated. Prefer Harveys or A&W much more.

Bruh, Tsk, tsk, tsk :shakehead

IN-N-OUT > Five Guys

No comparison and it's called the secret menu where they have doubles and triples!

General Zodd

May 6, 2013
Toronto
I really wish there was a healthier nickname for Hammond. I guess it's really difficult to develop a cartoon character that goes around stealing broccoli or carrots, much more a character that starts with "Ham". McDonalds is by far one of the worst habits pushed on children and especially if it is associated with an athlete of whom they grow to admire.

Holy crow bro, talk about Debbie Downer!! :laugh:

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Yea you're right, I saw the 2 patties and special sauce and first thing I thought of was "Big Mac". Anyways I was at the In&Out in Burbank and was not impressed at all- simple menu and way over-rated. Prefer Harveys or A&W much more.

It's hard to have normal expectations of something when everyone is telling you that it's great.

I'm going to try burgers and fries forever in a few mins hope it's good.. also it's been said Manhattans in the Minto hotel plaza makes a really really good burger. I haven't had anything beat 5 guys yet.

Man, that place is the bomb. Aussie burger with runny egg... :m-dance:

Let us know how you like it.

I really wish there was a healthier nickname for Hammond. I guess it's really difficult to develop a cartoon character that goes around stealing broccoli or carrots, much more a character that starts with "Ham". McDonalds is by far one of the worst habits pushed on children and especially if it is associated with an athlete of whom they grow to admire.

I couldn't agree more. I think it's horrible that there's sooooooo many fast food options at arenas, recreation centers, public facilities and malls. I also really hate when TSN1200 has giveaways and most of them are like $50 to McDonald's, $50 to Gabriel's Pizza. It's almost ironic that a radio station mainly known for it's coverage of some of the finest athletes in the country gives away so many freebies that encourage the consumption of unhealthy and detrimental foods.

I feel like they have an obligation toward shaping the minds of listeners beyond Greco's 6 minute commercials every week. It would be nice to see them offer gift cards to healthy places, gyms, athletic classes, sports equipment stores, etc. And the Gabriel's Pizza hotline...ugh. Whoever came up with that...just, no. :shakehead:

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
Now that we are in a serious discussion for the last wild card spot, I think this team will not be able to win many more games due to excessive pressure to win games and stay in the hunt for that last wild card spot.

Winning games when there is no pressure to win is a different thing compared to winning in clutch situations, and this ORGANIZATION has always let us down by not coming through in these crunch times.

But lets see, maybe this team is different.

WhiteLight*

Now that we are in a serious discussion for the last wild card spot, I think this team will not be able to win many more games due to excessive pressure to win games and stay in the hunt for that last wild card spot.

Winning games when there is no pressure to win is a different thing compared to winning in clutch situations, and this ORGANIZATION has always let us down by not coming through in these crunch times.

But lets see, maybe this team is different.

Well that's not true, and no more than the average franchise. 2013?

Only one team per year wins the cup you know.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009

Won't somebody please listen to Helen Lovejoy!

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Aw, too bad Gryba is not playing. I was hoping for Gryba vs Eller round 3 so the MTL fans can lose their ****. Pageau and Gryba should play in ALL games against them.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
So if Hammond has a monster game, what is the bet that everyone on here and in ottawa loses their minds haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad