Pre-Game Talk: Sens @ Habs Jan. 4 (7 p.m. Eastern)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whippet

Feb 6, 2013
Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch 55m
Wouldn't surprise me if Gryba does play vs. Montreal. #Sens

Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch 1h
Cowen-Karlsson; Phillips-Ceci; Wiercioch-Corvo and Gryba-Methot. #Sens

16-7-6; 89-93-9; 14-15-22 and 28-44-61. Spezza is extra skater this morning. #Sens

No Chris Neil so far. #Sens

Spezza on the ice wearing White. #Sens

Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch 1m
Anderson will start. #Sens
-----

It really annoys me seeing Mac splitting Methot and Ceci. They we're the best pairing last night imo and Marc doesn't deserve to be pushed down to the 3rd pairing.

Last edited:

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
We're starting to get our act together which is good to see. Let's keep it up in this game. Beating teams like Montreal is key if we hope to make the playoffs.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Meth and Ceci is the best Defence pairing we had since the Wiercioch - Gonchar pairing last season.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
I love seeing Gryba in against the Habs. I know lineup selections have nothing to do with this, but deep down inside a part of me wants to believe it is all about trolling the Montreal fan base and getting them all worked up before the game even starts.

GimmeMyJetpack

Classless.
Jun 25, 2012
Ottawa
I love seeing Gryba in against the Habs. I know lineup selections have nothing to do with this, but deep down inside a part of me wants to believe it is all about trolling the Montreal fan base and getting them all worked up before the game even starts.

Pretty sure he's just rotating the extra D at this point. Corvo + Phillips was a trainwreck last night.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Bruce Garrioch:
Spezza certainly may play tomorrow. #Sens

Incoming automatic loss. This win streak was fun while it lasted. :sarcasm:

Savitar

AKA Jose
Jan 15, 2013
MacArthur Turris Ryan

Greening Spezza Stone

Michalek Zibanejad Conacher

Pageau Smith Condra !!!

Lets roll 4 lines and win!

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Gryba can take out Pacioretty so Ryan can get a spot on the USA roster... JK

It's going to be hard to find a place to watch the game here with the laughs playing tomorrow too. :(

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
if we play like last night we will lose nothing to do with spezza.

We need to get our PP going and hope again for some active goal posts

RedWhiteBlackGold

Veteran User
Feb 22, 2007
Charlottetown, PE
I guess Spezza was not rumored to be out at the bars at 2 AM when he missed a game due to being sick. I love Methot's game, but if said rumor is true then Mac was 100% right in sitting down a bit extra to send a message.

If that's true then they are actually doing a good job at keeping it in fact just a rumor.

Usually if something like that had any merit the media in Ottawa would have blown that out of proportion by now.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
It is a lot of extra pressure, and it puts Spezza in a no-win situation. If there is any type of niggling ache left I would sit Spezza for an extra game or two until we lose again.

No-win? Spezza should play well regardless of the pressure. If he wanted to be considered for the national team, he'd better be able to handle returning to the team on a win streak. He's a pro.

If he falters a bit, first game back from injury, no big deal. If he looks listless, and the team mails it in, there will be a flurry of tweets, blogs, soundbites, and columns about leadership.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Nice to see Corvo out. Just hoping Gryba doesn't make 3 glaring errors in the first 16 minutes of the game like 77 did. Interesting that Spezza is the extra skater. If he plans of playing tomorrow that's kind of odd since in all likelihood he'll have new line mates to play with when he comes back. You'd think they'd want to get a little practice in. But it's PMac and he's on his tequila binge so who knows.

Should be a fun game. We need to play better than we did vs the Jets. I was uncomfortable throughout the game yesterday. We got some lucky breaks with posts, though that terrible goal by Andy kind of made up for it.

If Spezza comes back, one would think Kassian would come out. However without Neil in the lineup, I'm hesitant to do so, even if it is vs Montreal. But Pageau would be the one to play with Spezz on his wing, not Kass.

Spezza in + Kass out = auto loss, amiright?

Who do you think starts in G? Andy I assume.

SuperDuper101

May 15, 2013
For when Spezza does return... and I guess we don't know when...

Zibanejad has greatly improved the underlying numbers of that first line. That being said - MacArthur-Turris-Ryan have had a couple lousy games of late. I think as Yost pointed out that mostly correlates with Cowen playing in the top 2 pairings. He's been playing behind them and dragging them down a bit. Corvo was Mediocre last night, Phillips was outright terrible.

There really isn't any justification to playing Phillips over Wier at this point. I sort of am inclined to give Phillips some slack as it was his first game back but he was by far the worst Senator last night. Completely stalled the offense all night long and was atrocious in his own end. His best days are long behind him. The sooner we move him on and bring in another well rounded Marc Methot type player with experience the better. Calgary holds the ideal fit but who knows what it would cost to get him. Girardi or Del Zotto aren't a bad second choice. If the price is right. Regardless it's very clear Ottawa needs a stable 3rd defender so that Methot can play with Karlsson and give us 30 minutes of dominance a night up top.

I think with Spezza the ideal solution is to have a 3rd scoring line. Roll whoever's playing best the most. Stone was very impressive last night so I'd be inclined to keep him up. His skating is much improved.

MacArthur-Turris-Ryan
MIchalek-Zibanejad-Conacher
Pageau-Spezza-Stone
Greening-Smith-Condra

No real first line in this top three group. Just three balanced lines and a 4th that can eat up 10 minutes playing good defense. Share the rest among whoever is having the best game up top.

Edit: You can flip Spezza & Zibanejad whenever you please OR flip Spezza & Turris. Whenever you please. Allows for different looks without disrupting too much chemistry. Turris & Z play well with everyone. Spezza has played well with Ryan & MacArthur before

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Meth and Ceci is the best Defence pairing we had since the Wiercioch - Gonchar pairing last season.

Too small of a sample size to make a claim like that.

Methot - Ceci was good. Phillips - Ceci was better.

I would prefer
Methot-Karlsson
Phillips-Ceci
Wiercioch-Gryba

habamillions

Jul 9, 2009
Ottawa
should be a good game. sens r in the habs heads lately. lets see how it goes this time around. this should be the game of the night but we all know they will show the laff game nationally

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad