Pre-Game Talk: Sens @ Flames - Sat 10PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Dean Brown ‏@PxPOttawa 3m3 minutes ago
Anderson starts tomorrow against Calgary.

Dean Brown @PxPOttawa · 44m 44 minutes ago
Same lines in practice today from last night's game and Vancouver gm. Phillips taking maintenance day. Methot involved in actual drills.

Discuss.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Calgary can score goals at will it seems this season.

Johnny Hockey and Sean Boring Monahan are great players and their top pairing of Giordano and Brodie have been amazing. And Hiller is also el fuego like Anderson. This shall be interesting.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
This one will be a rough one for the Sens. We have a tough time playing against hard working teams that get on you quickly, like Boston, and Calgary is like that. Our D can be suspect at times, and Calgary has had impressive scoring this season so far.

This is one of those games where I would be happy with a point.

bacon25

Unenthusiastic User
Nov 29, 2010
Group Study Room F
This one will be a rough one for the Sens. We have a tough time playing against hard working teams that get on you quickly, like Boston, and Calgary is like that. Our D can be suspect at times, and Calgary has had impressive scoring this season so far.

This is one of those games where I would be happy with a point.

Yup, Calgary is proving the doubters wrong this year, they play a complete game. Sens can't expect to win this by showing up in only one or two periods.

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
I hope Wier is back in...instead of Phillips. Wiercoch is +3 in only 10 GP, WITH 1 GW. We will need his offense, and quick(er) feet.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
I hope Wier is back in...instead of Phillips. Wiercoch is +3 in only 10 GP, WITH 1 GW. We will need his offense, and quick(er) feet.

True dat. Phillips' play has dipped since the hot start he had. I thought the D corps was playing really well when Phillips was out for a couple of games. It finally had that balance of defensive D and PMDs.

BTW, I fully expect a loss in this game. I say 4-2 for the Flames.

BigBush*

Flames aren't highly skilled, but are a fast team. Should be a good game, they play a similar style as Ottawa

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

Weircioch is sssssssssssssllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
Calgary can score goals at will it seems this season.

Johnny Hockey and Sean Boring Monahan are great players and their top pairing of Giordano and Brodie have been amazing. And Hiller is also el fuego like Anderson. This shall be interesting.

I am going to this game and usually when I attend a Senators game here in Alberta, Ottawa scores at will. Both here and in Edmonton.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
The two hardest working teams in the League.

This'll be a war! Go Sens Go!

I wouldnt say were one of the 2 hardest working teams. As little as 2 years ago we were known as a lazy team.

When I watch other teams on gamecenter I see the players skating hard,finishing hits, driving the net.

Half our team does those things, then the other half won't move their legs. Karlsson plays lazy. Zibby plays lazy. Ryan plays lazy. Smith plays lazy. Michalek skates, but is uninterested. Greening plays lazy and uninterested.

When you have that many guys who coast around the ice not getting involved, I can't call us one of the hardest working teams.

Having free game center opened my eyes to other teams and has helped shrink my bias.

When so many players on our team take a free ride, how can we say were the hardest working team.

Derivation

Jan 4, 2010
I wouldnt say were one of the 2 hardest working teams. As little as 2 years ago we were known as a lazy team.

When I watch other teams on gamecenter I see the players skating hard,finishing hits, driving the net.

Half our team does those things, then the other half won't move their legs. Karlsson plays lazy. Zibby plays lazy. Ryan plays lazy. Smith plays lazy. Michalek skates, but is uninterested. Greening plays lazy and uninterested.

When you have that many guys who coast around the ice not getting involved, I can't call us one of the hardest working teams.

Having free game center opened my eyes to other teams and has helped shrink my bias.

When so many players on our team take a free ride, how can we say were the hardest working team.

I think you deserve the worst fan of the year award with this post.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009

Cool. Great addition.

And you proved you don't watch any other teams play regularly. Congrats. Were not in the 2 hardest working teams, sorry.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

Why. Cuz he called out the lazy players. I wouldn't say ryan plays lazy actually. This year he has skated and skated. The other guys do have a habit of coasting.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005

Two years ago the Pesky Sens ,who were expected to be bottom feeders, went to the 2nd round of the payoffs defeating the higher seeded Habs.

The year beofre that they were expected to finish dead last in the conference but took the rangers to game 7.

Last year is the only year under Maclean that they disappointed, but then they had a profound shake up losing their long time captain and heart and soul.

We all-or at least most of us-hope they can get back to their pesky ways. Or gritty as Ryan would prefer.

This year they were again picked to finish at the bottom of the conference , they have the lowest payroll in the NHL and more players that are new to the NHL than other teams so I guess they must be doing something to keep their heads above water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad