Confirmed with Link: Sens Extend Methot - 4 years, $4.9 million per year

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I thought for sure it would take a deal in the 5x5 range to get Methot signed. I am pleasantly surprised that he was willing to sign for four years at that money. Very few guys actually ever take a home town discount, but you can reasonably say that Methot just did. I strongly believe he would have received his 5x5 had he hit the open market July 1.

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
I thought for sure it would take a deal in the 5x5 range to get Methot signed. I am pleasantly surprised that he was willing to sign for four years at that money. Very few guys actually ever take a home town discount, but you can reasonably say that Methot just did. I strongly believe he would have received his 5x5 had he hit the open market July 1.

I think it could be postulated that he would have received 5.5 x 5 on open market, bidding war could have pushed it up close to 6 mil per.

He definitely took a cut to stay in his hometown.

Should give him plenty of rope for future errors/injuries.. because other guys contracts are gonna look goofy in comparison to his in years 3 and 4.

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
Yes, perfectly capable of missing the playoffs again next year.

Cowen - Ceci would be fine as a third paring, but not in the top 4 atm if you want to be a contender.

The team isn't be a contender for the cup, too many young and inexperienced guys on the roster.

Another year or two before this group reaches it potential IMO.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Well that's a bet I'm pleased I lost

Well L'Aveuglette, montre-moi ce que je vais devoir porter fierement jusqu'a la fin de la saison

Here you go sir, your avatar for the remainder of the season. Porte-le tres fierement!

HrkkqBO.jpg

:naughty:

Mar 20, 2006
Ottawa
- Bank more big paychecks, adding just shy of $20m, so will be rich as heck

- plays 4 years with Erik Karlsson, guaranteeing nice point production and greatly increasing the chance for another nice contract after that

- gets to play in Ottawa in front of family & friends

Excellent trade-off than going to an unknown situation for a bit bigger pay check. Call it the Karlsson discount as much as home town discount.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/30-thoughts-nhl-trade-deadline-2015-rumours/

28. Marc Methot’s family tried hard to stay away from conversations about his contract talks.

“They just wanted me to be happy,” Methot laughed, before adding, “but they were pumped when I told them it was done.”

Methot said his confidence grew as talks resumed between Murray and agent Mike Liut, with things closing after Saturday’s 7-2 win over Edmonton. Methot added it could have been announced Sunday, but he and the team agreed it wasn’t the right time after the news of Steve Montador’s passing. Very nice touch of respect.

29. Did he ever think he was gone? “Yeah I did have to prepare for that,” Methot said, adding the injuries keeping him out of the lineup only made his mood worse.

“Once I got healthy and started playing better, my optimism grew.”

Erik Karlsson was a major factor.

“He was pushing me pretty hard. The chemistry, I like playing with him. I don’t know if I will still be his partner in two years, but you think in the now.”

Methot said Karlsson met with Murray during the process, so there was probably some salesmanship going on.

Step

It's been a tough year...
Nov 9, 2007
Ottawa
Methot = everything this team needs. I'm still baffled why he doesn't have an A.

BigBush*

I've been dropping his name in every thread on the main boards I can.

Most underrated player in the league.

Huge part of Karlsson potential Norris season.

One of the best stay at home D in the league. Arguably the best shut down guy

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I've been dropping his name in every thread on the main boards I can.

Most underrated player in the league.

Huge part of Karlsson potential Norris season.

One of the best stay at home D in the league. Arguably the best shut down guy

The turnaround coincides with his return imo. Biggest reason for what's happened besides Maclean being dismissed. It's a tie really. Allows our D to be slotted in accordingly and gives Karlsson the green light to do his thing.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
i think most ppl wanted him signed but his injury seemed sketchy which was a red flag

we will see in the future how it holds but he is definitely worth keeping

BigBush*

Sigh...the things we could've done with Phillips money

Lol stop it this is not how it works.

"Methot, we'd like to give you an extra year and a slightly higher cap hit, but unfortunately all of our founds are tied up in Phillips retirement fund"

I hope you are being sarcastic and being funny

WORLDSTARHIPHOP

Sens <<<<<<<<<< NHL
May 31, 2008
Lol stop it this is not how it works.

"Methot, we'd like to give you an extra year and a slightly higher cap hit, but unfortunately all of our founds are tied up in Phillips retirement fund"

I hope you are being sarcastic and being funny

lol i know

I was just super against the signing and still am

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad