Low Effort GDT Sens @ Edm, 10 mar 8:00 - SN, TVAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
With this Oilers team and our defense, it basically comes down to whether McD and Drai bring their A game. If they do we have next to no chance. If they don't we have a really good chance to win.

We kept them both relatively quiet except for the first game and still couldn't win a single game

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

Once you get by Tkachuk, Norris, Batherson & Stutzle at forward & Chabot on D there really isn't that much left. We can just hope that some of these other guys have a good game & not screw things up & maybe chip in offensively would be helpful. Zub, White, C. Brown & Paul have all been decent but hopefully it improves when a few more prospects get here.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
We kept them both relatively quiet except for the first game and still couldn't win a single game

Well McDavid had 2 points and Draisaitl had the game winning goal. They weren't clicking 100% but they were just good (by their standards) and we had a solid chance to win.

If they are clicking at full capacity our chances are slim to none. We just don't have the D to hang with those guys when they're going.

Reactions: Yak and Emrasie

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
Well McDavid had 2 points and Draisaitl had the game winning goal. They weren't clicking 100% but they were just good (by their standards) and we had a solid chance to win.

If they are clicking at full capacity our chances are slim to none. We just don't have the D to hang with those guys when they're going.

We don't have the D to hang with any team in the NHL. I don't know how Dorion sleeps at night with that D product he has out on the ice for this season. I would be actively trying to address the following issue to give our rebuild and young players some stability, until Sanderson/JBD/Kleven are ready.

Chabot - ???
???
- Zub/Zaitsev
Brannstrom - Zub/Zaitsev

Reactions: Emrasie

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I'm unapologetically excited to watch Connor McDavid tonight. That guy is magic.

I like the Sens too.

I love watching McDavid but I personally have been more mesmerized with Drai recently. He's like a fast Mark Stone. Freaking absolutely love the way Drai plays. He has eyes in the back of his head, he is just remarkable. Plays hockey the perfect way.

Nonetheless both are stellar and super fun to watch. Without a doubt best 1-2 punch in the league.

Reactions: K1900L and Ed Wood

El Diego

Jan 2, 2009
I love watching McDavid but I personally have been more mesmerized with Drai recently. He's like a fast Mark Stone. Freaking absolutely love the way Drai plays. He has eyes in the back of his head, he is just remarkable. Plays hockey the perfect way.

Nonetheless both are stellar and super fun to watch. Without a doubt best 1-2 punch in the league.

McDavid is exciting as hell with his freak skating ability, but Draisatl makes the game look so easy. I can't believe the Oilers are squandering two guys with Hart calibre talent. They should have been the next Penguins team with multiple cups and they haven't even come close to one.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Some interesting changes there.

I don't like Paul on the 4th line but maybe he can drag Anisimov and Watson into some good grinding hockey.
He strengthens that line, particularly defensively. A better C and its a decent line.
Stutzle certainly adds a different dynamic to the White line. I like Dzingel up with Tierney and Brown. 5vs5 icetime will be interesting to follow. Brown with Tkachuk were getting sent out a lot.. DJ has given Brown prime icetime since last year so .. I think we will see that line quite a bit

Emrasie

Mar 13, 2019
Daccord played a great game. To hope a win, Murray needs to do the same. Not a guarantee. At all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad