Rumor: Sens don't qualify Anthony Duclair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
Honestly, I don’t really think this is a bad decision.

Duclair isn’t worth 3+ million right now, he needs a better track record. He’s been wildly inconsistent and when he’s not producing, he’s a net negative.

Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Yeah I have no idea why the Senators wouldn't even take him to arbitration. It makes no sense not to take it at least that far.

There must be something going on behind closed doors that they really don't like.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
About to get on his 6th team in 7 seasons. Something's up with this guy
Hes got a massive chip on his shoulder. First round talent draft in the 3rd because of personality issues.

He always thinks hes persecuted. He always thinks coaches are against him, players, etc..

He doesnt listen to advice. He was dropped by an agent even as I recall.

The whole reason the Sens were able to get him was because Columbus gave him away just to be rid of him for the locker room.

Hes not good defensively and scores too inconsistently to be a permanent scoring line player. He will end up on his what..7th team before his 26th birthday.

This was the perfect opportunity for him. I would say this should be a "wake up call" but hes had 5 of those and none of them have worked, so there is no chance he changes now.

Best of luck. I wish him the best.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Yeah hard to blast Sens here if they already came to conclusion that no agreement could be reached considering they are talking directly to Duclair who is acting as his own agent

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
If someone signs Duclair to a huge deal they will regret it.. probably 1/4 into year one.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Hes got a massive chip on his shoulder. First round talent draft in the 3rd because of personality issues.

He always thinks hes persecuted. He always thinks coaches are against him, players, etc..

He doesnt listen to advice. He was dropped by an agent even as I recall.

The whole reason the Sens were able to get him was because Columbus gave him away just to be rid of him for the locker room.

Hes not good defensively and scores too inconsistently to be a permanent scoring line player. He will end up on his what..7th team before his 26th birthday.

This was the perfect opportunity for him. I would say this should be a "wake up call" but hes had 5 of those and none of them have worked, so there is no chance he changes now.

Best of luck. I wish him the best.

What in God’s name are you blathering about? He played well in Ottawa last season.

Reactions: bert

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
Maybe he just wanted out of that shit show
With his talent, you think 5 organizations are all wrong on this guy?

I sincerely hope he gets another chance, but if you can't even get qualified by a cheap and, frankly, desperate, Ottawa franchise, you're starting to hit rock bottom.

Sureves

Sep 29, 2008
Ottawa
Top goal scorer on the Sens

Top points per game on the Sens

Third in points on the Sens (4 points behind leader)

This is a disgusting management of assets. If he doesn't want to play here then so state, otherwise this is a terrible decision.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
He played well in Arizona one year too and they still sent him down to the minors. You think Chicago walked away from him for no reason?

I don’t care about that. You said coming to Ottawa should have been a wake up call for him. He scored 23 goals. You don’t think he played well in Ottawa at all? Sure, he’s been inconsistent in his career, but he certainly picked it up in Ottawa. If you don’t realize that, I don’t know what to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad