Rumor: Sens don't qualify Anthony Duclair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
He was looking at $3m+ in arbitration.

I don't think it's crazy that they didn't qualify him. He isn't that good. If there is going to be a glut of decent players available in UFA and teams looking to move money? Ottawa are in a position to be choosy.

seroes

May 3, 2016
California
This is why how well Ottawa does drafting doesn't matter. As long as they hit the cap floor they won't pay their players. Ottawa will suck for a long time.

Reactions: inthewings

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I don't this reflects poorly on Ottawa at all. There are going to be a lot of decent players getting squeezed. Duclair clearly thinks he's worth more than the Sens management can/will pay him. Good luck with that.

SensBrawler

Jun 24, 2013
Make it make sense for me.

Melnyk?

He went on a major goal scoring drought in January that might have frightened them from committing money to him. I still think we should have signed him to a one year deal (even if we had to go to arbitration).

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
I wouldn’t be entirely shocked if he ended up on the Sharks. Pretty sure he can play right wing.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
The captain obvious question should be so why wasn't he traded at deadline last year?

I get if you want to tell me he isn't worth 3+m.

Reactions: DownIsTheNewUp

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
Crazy. Teams are borderline desperate to not spend money right now.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
Duclair is representing himself.

Duclair thinks hes worth more than he is.

Best of luck in Free Agency.

Arbitration from his season last year would have put him at like...4M which is undeserved given the totality of his play.

LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad