Confirmed with Link: Sens Dismiss MacLean, Cameron named full-time replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

otown

Sep 4, 2009
The "d" problems have been a problem since last year and no significant improvement have taken place. Coaching problem or player problem?

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
so it was too painful to ride it out this year and make a real change at the end?

now we will have an interim and then (if it's cameron we better have a change!) have another switch at then end of the year?

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
if we get a legitimate coach in there, it'll make it clear whether the roster is at fault (as far as playoffs aspiration goes) or the coaching and play

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
We can give you guys Eakins!!!

!!!!

!!!!!

Thought he was doing an alright job - game last night was entertaining. Seemed like a nice guy too. Was he not on either front?

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
If Cameron is indeed interm then I believe management didn't like the character win last night and wants the team to tank.

Only explanation.

HATW beat me to it.

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
Really, really surprised with the timing of Mac's dismissal.

Maybe this quote had something to do with it:

"All I know is I'm scared to death no matter who we're playing," MacLean said before Saturday's game when TSN's Chris Cuthbert asked if he'd be more worried facing a hot or cold Sidney Crosby. "Whether it's Sidney Crosby or John Tavares or the Sedins, I go day-by-day and I'm just scared to death every day of who we're playing.

"And sometimes," MacLean added. "I'm scared to death of who I'm playing."

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
Really, really surprised with the timing of Mac's dismissal.

Maybe this quote had something to do with it:

Meh, he's been saying stuff like that since he got here. It just looks bad now because we're not winning. He's used that exact "scared to death" line at least five times.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
If Cameron is indeed interm then I believe management didn't like the character win last night and wants the team to tank.

Only explanation.

HATW beat me to it.

hopefully that is the master plan behind this.

i really want to see a plan behind the org's moves. hiring and firing coaches based on short term performance isn't really a great system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad