Post-Game Talk: Sens def. Canucks - 3-0

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Watching the young Sens kick us pretty bad out there, I’m thinking we could lose all four to them. They just made us look so slow!

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Watching the young Sens kick us pretty bad out there, I’m thinking we could lose all four to them. They just made us look so slow!
Some players are still not there yet.
“I don't know if anyone's really at 100 (per cent),” Demko admitted. “COVID took a toll on us and obviously it's tough taking that much time off. But you've got a job to do, come in and win some games here. That's what everyone's geared towards.”

Reactions: Luckylarry

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Sens have treated this season exactly the way you want to see a young team progress. Let the kids play through their mistakes and hope for solid improvement from the beginning to the end of the season. You can check that box in Ottawa.

The Canucks? Well, they do have some younger pieces in Hughes, Pettersson, Boeser, Horvat, Hughes and Demko, although a couple of them are now in their mid-20's.

But they also have a lot of veterans, the likes of Edler, Pearson, Schmidt, Hamonic, Holtby, Myers, Beagle, Roussel, Sutter, etc...etc.

And if they looked 'slow' out there, it's because for the most part they ARE slow....and they're well past the age where they're going to get any better.

The Sens are only a season or so into their rebuild. The Canucks are at the seven-year mark. And already, I'd pick their team over ours in a heartbeat, because they have another bushel-full of draft picks this season.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
The new guys skate fast and are cheap. That's what this team needs in the bottom-6, not our endless succession of boat anchors.

All this nitpicking about role players as if we haven't been spending the last five seasons wasting 5x the salary cap on players who are about the same in what they bring onto the ice but have "name recognition".

Never meant to imply criticism of the new guys, just tried to restrict my comments to things that haven't been overdone. It would go without saying that I'd take Boyd, Michaelis, etc in the bottom six over the anchors Benning loves. Just thought at this point it's pretty redundant to say that Sutter sucks.

Reactions: mossey3535

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Its so sweet of you to be so optomistic.
On one level we agree...I'm confident that next year Benning will once again put the Canucks on the Highway to Hell.

Trading an entire team is not something people in the real world entertain.

Leaving aside logistics and human element of the players and the fans, most key players have NTC and NMC clauses.

If I am not mistaken, no two franchises have ever swapped their rosters. Maybe I am wrong.

But you know what franchises can do?

They can fire an incompetent management group, and hire a new one. Any day of the week, and twice on Sundays*.

Or we can deflect attention away from where the problem lies, and focus on fantasy land where entire teams get swapped.

*I made that up. You can do it twice on any day of the week if you like. There's nothing stopping you.

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
Trading an entire team is not something people in the real world entertain.

Leaving aside logistics and human element of the players and the fans, most key players have NTC and NMC clauses.

If I am not mistaken, no two franchises have ever swapped their rosters. Maybe I am wrong.

But you know what franchises can do?

They can fire an incompetent management group, and hire a new one. Any day of the week, and twice on Sundays*.

Or we can deflect attention away from where the problem lies, and focus on fantasy land where entire teams get swapped.

*I made that up. You can do it twice on any day of the week if you like. There's nothing stopping you.
One caveat -- you can't do any of these things if you're trying to re-sign Tanner Pearson at the same time.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Ottawa is not the team they were at the start of the season. Anyone thinking they’re an easy two points hasn’t been watching. This is a team on the rise, especially if Murray has turned his game around.
I bet the Canuck players were hoping Ottawa would rollover and let us catch up their rival Montreal. The kids on Ottawa don't care about pick #2 or #7, they're building chemistry for next year.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Never meant to imply criticism of the new guys, just tried to restrict my comments to things that haven't been overdone. It would go without saying that I'd take Boyd, Michaelis, etc in the bottom six over the anchors Benning loves. Just thought at this point it's pretty redundant to say that Sutter sucks.

Just a coincidence my post was under yours, I was speaking more to the general sentiment in the last few PGT threads.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Just a coincidence my post was under yours, I was speaking more to the general sentiment in the last few PGT threads.

Just wanted to say that generally. Don't want to come off like I'm down on the new guys at all...like, is Michaelis anything? Or Hawryluk? Not a lot obviously, but of course I'd take the not a lot from them over the not a lot you'd get for $9 million combo of Beagle and Eriksson.

Reactions: mossey3535

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad