Player Discussion Sens Claim Anton Forsberg (G)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Senators pick up a player off waivers, costs them nothing, and gives them depth and flexibility at a position that allows them to place the players in the position they want, for their development.

and predictably, some people find a way to crap all over the management, or the team they claim to support.

I don't see one person in this thread saying this was a bad move.

Reactions: DrEasy

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
might work... Daccord can clear the zone better than most of our RDs

We severely lack depht at every position (except goaltending) and knock on wood, haven't been hit hard by injuries (except goaltending). That's why losing all that depht for nothing was highly questionable. Note that I am also including Belleville when I'm talking about overall depht. Something that looked like it could be a strenght quickly became a weakness. But I guess asset management is not that important.

I used to give Dorion the benefit of the doubt but I can see it coming when his moves are going to backfire (thought it was my imagination at the beginning). But I'll asssume they are lowkey tanking to not have the impression that they have absolutely no idea what they are doing. You know it's very possible. I was an AGM in the food industry before and I had like 4 bosses in 6 years, the GM position is not the easiest job (and thank God I got away from that career path), you always have a damocles sword hanging over you. NHL GM is a highly difficult executive job, not everyone can do it and be good at it.

Senators pick up a player off waivers, costs them nothing, and gives them depth and flexibility at a position that allows them to place the players in the position they want, for their development.

and predictably, some people find a way to crap all over the management, or the team they claim to support.

This is ridiculous. I have defended the team before and for a long time because some peple were crapping on it the same way as today, or even more (which is crazy when you think of it). The difference is that the team wasn't a bottom dweller back then but a playoffs team, more often than not. They were competitive and over 0.500 every season except 2010-11 which made them have a quick retool and then bang, competitive again the next season.

Now this is the 4th season in a row where they are bottom-2 (I have been looking at standings by P% for over a decade), if next season they aren't a good team (playoffs or not), we are definitely entering Sabres/Oilers territory.

Claiming a goalie? I mean it only makes sense because Murray and Hogberg are injured. Now Daccord too (Nilsson got traded as he was LTIR). It doesn't have ANY effect on the other positions, not even sure what you are trying to say here. Plus, Forsberg has zero value and updside. It's not like a team gift wrapping you a Balcers.

Last edited:

JMACole

Jun 27, 2020
PEI
Nice win for Forsberg last night. I would like him to stay with the organization, but with Murray coming back, I doubt it will happen. Poor guy probably wishes he could stay put somewhere for a while.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Nice win for Forsberg last night. I would like him to stay with the organization, but with Murray coming back, I doubt it will happen. Poor guy probably wishes he could stay put somewhere for a while.

He will likely finish the year here.. Murray, Hogberg, Forsberg Gus will likely go to Belleville.

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa
Honestly, haven't liked his game as much as D'accord's of Gus'. His movements just look awkward in the net. Better than this season's Hog and many of the showings from Murray though. The numbers have been there, so I can't complain.

I'm not too concerned with the standings or the draft, so I'm okay if he goes on a bit of a run. Good for for the development of Stü, Bath, and Norris if we have a goalie making saves. Gives them more rope to try some stuff out.

Not really interested in keeping him within the org beyond this season.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
I'm okay keeping him until the season ends. The way we have three goalies out with injury and Murray's seems to be a nagging injury, we're likely to dip into depth again. Would rather have some "consistent" goaltending for both teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad