Pre-Game Talk: Sens @ Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
@GeorgeRichards: #FlaPanthers D Dmitry Kulikov banged up v #nhlDucks in third on Sunday; likely to play Tues v #Sens ... Jesse Winchester back as well.

Winchester back, also per GR Guddy back Thurs.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
giphy.gif

Last edited:

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
Goldie says Howden is in tonight....I thought he got sent back down?

On the AHL transactions page it shows Howden was sent down on the 23rd and recalled the 24th. So likely he was only sent down on paper and is with the Cats.

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
Ottawa fans I encounter are some of the nicest. Maybe cuz they live in Montreal's shadow, maybe cuz they have financial issues of their own. IDK.

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
colin greening and condra go off...

panthers trade huberdeau for condra and greening in off season..

God help us

Panthers Rock

Rebuild 10.0
Apr 17, 2006
Winter Springs, FL
Ottawa fans I encounter are some of the nicest. Maybe cuz they live in Montreal's shadow, maybe cuz they have financial issues of their own. IDK.

Doesn't surprise me. They're a small market team in a country where hockey is king and they get little respect...even though they've done more than a team like the Leafs has in over 40 years (like actually make the Final).

The Senators are to me a franchise akin to the Panthers, no different than any other small/southern market. We as fans put up with a lot of crap to support our teams. Plus, how can you not like Craig Anderson?

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Doesn't surprise me. They're a small market team in a country where hockey is king and they get little respect...even though they've done more than a team like the Leafs has in over 40 years (like actually make the Final).

If you think the Leafs are respected up here, you're out of touch.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Well from what I see, the Leafs get far more coverage and interest from Canadian media than the Senators will. Is that not the case? I'm sure the average, smart hockey fan doesn't respect the Leafs that much for their failures.

Imo the reason the Sens get such little coverage and have a small fanbase is because they never had a built in fanbase. For example if you were born in 1975 in Florida, you would have been 18 when they came into existence, but likely didn't have a favourite team because hockey got zero coverage, where if you were born in 1975 in Ottawa you would have been 17 when the team was founded, and likely a diehard Leafs or Habs fan. The Canadian media tends to focus more on the older fan (1980 and before), and not the newer generation (mid 80's -2000s), so no one cares about Ottawa, though I expect it'll change as the current generation gets older.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad