GDT: Sens @ Bruins - The end is nigh

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Boston is 4-0 against Toronto this season outscoring them 15-7, how are Toronto the bottom seed and heavy favourites?
If AM34 gets 69 goals, he'll be riding hot off the meme vibes. No one can stop him except for Marchand resorting back to licking or biting.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Anyone else feel Boston tanked their last 2 games to get Toronto over Tampa? Not saying they did but their coach looked like very annoyed like the entire bench had tuned him out and we’re doing things their way.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Anyone else feel Boston tanked their last 2 games to get Toronto over Tampa? Not saying they did but their coach looked like very annoyed like the entire bench had tuned him out and we’re doing things their way.
I think Toronto is going to steam roll them.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I think Toronto is going to steam roll them.

Really? Toronto goalie and D don’t give me confidence. I think they are big time doing what the Sens did back in the day - great team that improved but never had the goalie to get it done

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Positive from this year is that I argued with @bert and @Micklebot for the first half of the season but then the shittiness of korpisalo and forsberg made us put our differences aside and band together.
Forsberg sticks it to us one last time as I assume that was the best period/game of his life. I didn't watch as I was at the 67s game and even if I wasn't I would have watched meaningful hockey instead. That win last night could have cost 2 spots in the draft if Montreal was capable of holding any lead. I have to say this was probably the worst season of being a sens fan since their inauguration.

Reactions: Burrowsaurus

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Forsberg sticks it to us one last time as I assume that was the best period/game of his life. I didn't watch as I was at the 67s game and even if I wasn't I would have watched meaningful hockey instead. That win last night could have cost 2 spots in the draft if Montreal was capable of holding any lead. I have to say this was probably the worst season of being a sens fan since their inauguration.
He made some good saves for sure but the Bruins overall didn't look very threatening.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Ehhhhh, a team with 27RW shouldn't be a playoff team. There isn't a playoff team in the west with less than 34RW, just as a comparison.
The east was just overall tighter with six teams within 10 pts of that final WC spot compared to two in the west, if you have more competitive teams, you'll have more games going to OT.

Reactions: Alex1234

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
when the Bruins decided to start playing in the 3rd period, they outshot us 23 - 2. OMG.. we had no answer for them.
They are certainly a better team than us without our top two centers, playing a man down on D all game, and with Chychrun missing some shifts after blocking a shot; they should have crushed us on paper, but 3rd period shots aside, they only generated a few dangerous chances outside of on the PP in that period, and looked pretty uninterested there rest of the game. Score effect was also playing into the third, we were just chipping things out and not taking any chances.

They were not playing to their abilities, tried to win the game playing only one period and weren't able to do it. Forsberg was good but didn't steal the game by any means.

Ralph Malfredsson

PhD in indiscreet street haggling
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2008
So we've come to the end of the road again this year, and another rough season. But there's always the promise of a better year next year.

I just wanted to say I appreciate ALL of you and I love watching the games so much more with the GDTs open, and the chance to hear all of your opinions on in the thread in the forum.

Here's to a better year next year! Hope everyone enjoys the off-season!

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Boston is 4-0 against Toronto this season outscoring them 15-7, how are Toronto the bottom seed and heavy favourites?
Tampa have been playing well lately. Not sure, but the Bolts might have been a better bet to beat the Leafs. Boston have not been playing their best over the last slate of games which even their coach has noted. Which ever is the most capable of beating the Leafs is my preference and the bottom line for me.

Last edited:

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
when the Bruins decided to start playing in the 3rd period, they outshot us 23 - 2. OMG.. we had no answer for them.

Holy shit, actually :laugh: that's messed up. Me all proud keeping them to 3 in the first

Teeeechnically though, we did have an answer, because we actually kept them to 1 and won the game.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
They are certainly a better team than us without our top two centers, playing a man down on D all game, and with Chychrun missing some shifts after blocking a shot; they should have crushed us on paper, but 3rd period shots aside, they only generated a few dangerous chances outside of on the PP in that period, and looked pretty uninterested there rest of the game. Score effect was also playing into the third, we were just chipping things out and not taking any chances.

They were not playing to their abilities, tried to win the game playing only one period and weren't able to do it. Forsberg was good but didn't steal the game by any means.
It was a shooting gallery in the 3rd period and Forsberg made some great saves. I don’t think it's out of line to give some credit where credit is due.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad