Pre-Game Talk: Sens @ Bruins Dec. 13. Please Don't Put Phillips On The First Pairing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rand0m

Oct 2, 2011
Wow! That took some balls! Hopefully it pays off, but I don't think Phillips is that terrible, he should just be on the 3rd pairing and not 1st.

Who am I kidding... He's been pretty brutal this year. Hopefully this is a wake up call for him

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
Time for old war horses like Phillips and Neil to sit out from time to time.

I guess Neil will be out for awhile anyway though seems to have been pretty durable until now.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
You all laughed at me when i said Boro would be ahead of Cowen on the depth chart. Now who's laughing muhahaha.

dingbatz

Apr 20, 2013
Wiercioch likely won't be a marked improvement over Phillips tonight, but he needs to play - he won't get better if he's scratched all of the time. He's still young, there's room for growth.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
You all laughed at me when i said Boro would be ahead of Cowen on the depth chart. Now who's laughing muhahaha.

He isn't though

Just because Boro might play with Karlsson does not mean that he's better than Cowen

Our top pair is a mess right now: Karlsson is all over the place and no one can play with him consistently well

Cowen - Ceci is our most consitent pairing, breaking it up would be silly

Wiercioch likely won't be a marked improvement over Phillips tonight, but he needs to play - he won't get better if he's scratched all of the time. He's still young, there's room for growth.

I doubt it

His issues are physical: he's weak and slow. Those don't improve during the season

He's a bust as far as I'm concerned

dingbatz

Apr 20, 2013
I doubt it

His issues are physical: he's weak and slow. Those don't improve during the season

He's a bust as far as I'm concerned

Maybe. Hard to gauge potential sometimes. He played fairly well last year, so I think he's capable. If it's him vs. Phillips going forward, at worst it'll be a wash.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
We really need a good defensive partner for Karlsson. I think that could honestly be the difference between playoff team and bottom feeder.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
We really need a good defensive partner for Karlsson. I think that could honestly be the difference between playoff team and bottom feeder.

we have methot and can't afford to pay someone else at the same time. either methot is traded or we wait till he leaves. or he gets healthy and decides he wants to play again.

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
we have methot and can't afford to pay someone else at the same time. either methot is traded or we wait till he leaves. or he gets healthy and decides he wants to play again.

I mean even another one. If we added one more #2-#3 D I think we're in a good spot. I'm not saying we're actually going to get anyone, it's just that we need one.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Of course that means adding a #2 dman to this roster, which is pretty impossible to get unless you draft him.

Or make a trade for someone who might not be a "true" number 2 but you think could pair up well with Karlsson

That's what we need to do: identify someone with a similar skillset to Methot and go get him

Still tough, might not be possible, but more reasonnable than trying to get someone else's number 2 dman

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Or make a trade for someone who might not be a "true" number 2 but you think could pair up well with Karlsson

That's what we need to do: identify someone with a similar skillset to Methot and go get him

Still tough, might not be possible, but more reasonnable than trying to get someone else's number 2 dman

Yeah if we had a veteran out there that could be paired with Karlsson, who can actually play minutes and is at worst a #3 guy I think it would help out Karlsson so much. I like Methot a lot, but I'm thinking of a guy with even more experience, preferably real playoff experience.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
I wonder what kind of return Nashville would want for Mattias Ekholm, pretty much a good all around top 4 defenseman who I think could really make a difference in ottawa.

Sorry for OT.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Phillips has been scratched?

7drHiqrh.jpg

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Go Sens go!

Easy win.

(But really, probably not : Afternoon game + Boston Bruins aka our Kryptonite = Loss.)

Boston doesn't scare me like they used to. I just don't think they are as good as they used to be, but they're obviously still not a bad team. A lot of that has to do with no more Tim Thomas.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
I'm not all that impressed with Boston this year so this game at least does not feel as hopeless as it did a year ago I'm actually kinda excited!(Well in all fairness Phillips being scratched might have a tiny bit to do with that as well)

Last edited:

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Weichioch might be ok since Boston isn't super fast but if Boston is physical on him he might be easily pushed around

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad