Prospect Info: Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2022 #6

Who is the Sens #6 Prospect at the moment?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Seems only like yesterday when JBD was pegged as our next 2RD after playing on the powerhouse ND team.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
Looks like a missed the vote on this one. I think the list makes sense, although I have a hard time choosing between JBD, Ostapchuk, Sokolov and Boucher.

PlayersLtd

Mar 6, 2019
Lot of people putting significantly more weight on a 12 game sample size than a 60 game sample size with Ostapchuk.

Not convinced his offensive upside is particularly high, but with his tools he could carve out a bottom 6 role eventually.

Pool is pretty weak if he's our 6th best prospect.
Ostapchuk had a great second half and stepped it up when there was a bigger opportunity once Sourdif was traded and he was clutch in several big games well before the playoffs. There was one against Everett in particular in January or February (?) that he won almost single handedly, and that's when Everett was putting up like 55 shots a game and running through everyone.

For me his skill set is nice but it's more the character, skill, size and development curve combo that gives me a lot of confidence that he has NHL upside.

Reactions: aragorn

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
We all liked Ostapchuk skillset right away and the way "he looks" on the ice. But the results were not coming so it was normal to question his upside. He was still pretty young so he still had time on his side. Then towards the end of the season and most particularly in the playoffs, he had that huge coming out party before turning 19 y/o. Which kinda diminished the worry of him not being able to "materialize" his tools. He looks promising and comfortably more than Boucher, at least for now.

Regarding Ostapchuk, I think it's often downplayed that NHL teams also need to have guys who are good at preventing goals against. JBD could very well be that type of guy so that's pretty valuable. My personal comparison for him is a lesser version of Jonas Brodin. If he does what Brodin but on the 2nd pair, it's already excellent.

Crookshank is getting underrated. I think he's going to be a very solid 3rd liner.

I like Crooks but it's a bit too early to vote him. There's still guys with Top-4 or Top-6 potential left to be voted, it's their turn

Prospect pool is looking pretty weak these days, especially after yet another horrendous draft.

- We had no pick until the 64th overall this year
- Last year draft looked like a "dud" until Ostapchuk gave us some hope
- we had several important graduations in the last 2 seasons (Batherson, Norris, Stutzle, Formenton, Zub, Brannstrom)

It's really far from the 2020 pool (I said back then that it will go down as the best in Sens history and most likely one of the best in NHL history) but considering all factors, it's actually still quite good and a bit underrated when you look at the list. We are voting for #7th and there is still guys with decent Top-4/Top-6 potential. And after a pretty decent Top-10 (Top-3 is still very very good), there will still be a lot of interesting guys like Kleven, Lodin, Crookshank, Kastelic, Hamara, Pettersson, etc

I think the reason why our pool is still good despite "meh" 2021 & 2022 drafts is because our 2019 and 2020 drafts were the opposite!

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad