Prospect Info: Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2022 #3

Who is the Sens #3 Prospect at the moment?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I prefer Soogard
It's a risky bet. If Sogaard hits his potential as a #1 goalie, Greig would be hard pressed to end up the better player, but if Sogaard tops out as a good to high end backup I think Greig as a middle 6 winger brings more value. There's only 32 starter jobs out there, tough to crack.

I hope you're right about Sogaard. would be huge for the franchise to have found a home grown starter

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
It's a risky bet. If Sogaard hits his potential as a #1 goalie, Greig would be hard pressed to end up the better player, but if Sogaard tops out as a good to high end backup I think Greig as a middle 6 winger brings more value. There's only 32 starter jobs out there, tough to crack.

I hope you're right about Sogaard. would be huge for the franchise to have found a home grown starter

If you look at ceilings of the 2 players Sogaard could easily be ahead and since we are projecting might as well project both to be their best .. is a way of looking at it.

I think they are close. Predicting how good a prospect goalie will be with a good success record is hard.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
If you look at ceilings of the 2 players Sogaard could easily be ahead and since we are projecting might as well project both to be their best .. is a way of looking at it.

I think they are close. Predicting how good a prospect goalie will be with a good success record is hard.
Fair enough, I always look at it similar to a trade proposal, would I trade player A for player B in a vacuum, if the answer is no, player A is my guy.

Right now, because of the difficulty on projecting what Sogaard will become as opposed to to the best case for each, I prefer Greig using that methodology.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Fair enough, I always look at it similar to a trade proposal, would I trade player A for player B in a vacuum, if the answer is no, player A is my guy.

Right now, because of the difficulty on projecting what Sogaard will become as opposed to to the best case for each, I prefer Greig using that methodology.
I picked Greig .. I was just trying to provide what might be a rational to pick Sogaard. Sogaard was very good for Belleville last year .. good first step in Pro hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad