Prospect Info: Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2022 #3

Who is the Sens #3 Prospect at the moment?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
As we have been doing since 2004, we are going to use the HF criterias for prospect eligibility (less than 65 NHL games and under 25 y/o). Anyway, I don't see a debate for any candidate this year so that makes it easier

Remember to vote based on all factors and not just NHL readiness. Overall skillset, hockey IQ, upside potential vs floor, age, stats, skating ability, array of shots, leadership qualities, size/strength, etc

Personally, I always ask myself, who would I draft BPA among these players?

Try to do some research on these kids, particularly the most recent ones. People are free to post links and videos about some of the prospects that should be voted soon, or even try to persuade others why a guy should be voted next! Spread info to help people vote.

Graduated players from 2021 (who are still in the organization) :

Erik Brännström and Alex Formenton. I'm also not including Vitali Abramov as he won't be back to NA before 25 y/o at least

To be added :

Tomas Hamara
Mark Kastelic
Philippe Daoust
Maxence Guénette
Oliver Johansson
Leevi Merilainen
Benjamin Roger
Kevin Mandolese
Carson Latimer
Cole Reinhardt
Jonathan Aspirot
Chandler Romeo
Jakov Novak
Jonny Tychonick
Luke Loheit
Filip Nordberg
Oskar Pettersson
Stephen Halliday
Jorian Donovan
Cameron O'Neill
Kevin Reidler
Theo Wallberg
Tyson Dyck

Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2022

1- Jake Sanderson
2- Shane Pinto
3-
4-
5-

Also, leaving the link of pre-2017 polls if anyone wants to bookmark the page

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
After Greig I think it's between JBD, Thomson, and Boucher.

I almost think I actually like Boucher better then both the RHD prospects

Outside of WHERE he was picked, I don't see what Boucher has on guys like Sogaard, Thomson, JBD, Ostapchuk and Jarventie. They are much better prospects at the moment. Keep in mind Boucher was seen as a late first round pick by pretty much the whole hockey planet. The guys named aboved were picked higher/near the end of the first AND have progressed well since.

I think he should be more debatable in the tier with guys like Sokolov and Kleven

Reactions: Cosmix

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Kind of sad to see how empty the cupboards are right now. Especially since Sandy and Pinto are already locks for the roster.

I really hope we have another blue chipper or two emerge for us, especially on the back end.

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
Kind of sad to see how empty the cupboards are right now. Especially since Sandy and Pinto are already locks for the roster.

I really hope we have another blue chipper or two emerge for us, especially on the back end.
It happens when all your top prospects graduate to the big club.

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020
I think in terms of progress after their drafts, it's hard to not have Ostapchuck in the coversation at least.

I think Osta is a half step behind the other three. Theres just less organizational need for him and he's got slightly less pedigree to Boucher. Both had dissapointing seasons relative to draft place but both have looked good in dev camp. Boucher has a better chance of bouncing back (normal offseason, no major injuries, etc.)

JBD has a lower ceiling but I feel has a higher likelihood of playing meaningfully with the big club and vice versa for Thomson.

Probably going to vote Bouche, JBD, then Thomson for that reason. Ostapchuk is the clear cut 7th though.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

We lack the blue chip guys but I think we have a good group of guys with NHL potential to fill out a roster. I think all of Boucher, JBD, Thomson, Sokolov, Kleven, and Ostapchuk will carve out decent careers. Guys like Kastelic, Kelly, and Crookshank too. They might not ever be top 6/4 players on a regular basis, but good depth is important

Besides, our top 6 right now is Norris (23), Batherson (24), Tkachuk (22) Stutzle (20), Debrincat (24) and Giroux (34). Then we have Pinto (21). There isn't much room for a blue chip forward for the next while...

On D, we could use another top prospect though, would have been nice to get a guy like Jiricek, but I'm more than happy with DeBrincat. Maybe on or more of Roger, Romeo, Norberg, Donovan or Hamara turn out to be gems.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Outside of WHERE he was picked, I don't see what Boucher has on guys like Sogaard, Thomson, JBD, Ostapchuk and Jarventie. They are much better prospects at the moment. Keep in mind Boucher was seen as a late first round pick by pretty much the whole hockey planet. The guys named aboved were picked higher/near the end of the first AND have progressed well since.

I think he should be more debatable in the tier with guys like Sokolov and Kleven

Outside of numbers with so many missed games, Boucher has size, skating (balance, speed), shooting, and underrated playmaking - a potential power forward. He is a meaner Josh Anderson if he can regularly find the back of the net, or a bottom-6 NHLer if he doesn’t reach his offensive potential.

Reactions: aragorn

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I think Osta is a half step behind the other three. Theres just less organizational need for him and he's got slightly less pedigree to Boucher. Both had dissapointing seasons relative to draft place but both have looked good in dev camp.
I'm not at all disapointed with Ostapchuk's season, actually I find he's shown excellent progress. His playoff performance has him up there with the the best in the CHL. Kid was among the younger picks in the draft, he's going to turn some heads next season if he hasn't already.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad