Prospect Info: Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2022 #12

Who is the Sens #12 Prospect at the moment?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I think it's written in the sky to be Kelly - Kastelic - Watson

Wrong thread for this approach. We're ranking Sens prospects in regards to their NHL potential.

By the way, didn't Dorion say that Lodin will be "ready" after Christmas?

I think Kastelic will play more NHL games and he's bigger, a Center, better defensively and excellent on faceoffs. Parker Kelly reminds me of a better Max McCormick, so will play more games but not sure it will be for that long

Crookshank could be a player. If no injury setback, will turn some heads by the way he approaches the game. It took just a few games for Mann to be enamored with him. DJ Smith will go pro bono as well.
Lodin will get killed on the 4th line & isn't what they need or better than what we already have on the top 9. IMO Kastelic is made for the 4th line & will end up playing many more NHL games & for much longer than most of those left on the board. He also happens to be very good at faceoffs a skill that is very much required & appreciated at the NHL level.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Lodin's time has come! He will prove he should be ranked higher soon.

Just curious, who do you have Lodin over in the Top-11?

People are sleeping on Hamara. He will rise on this list quickly.

Highest upside after the top three.

Weird that he's guy several of us has as our best prospect from the 2022 draft this early, he was our 3rd pick. Lot of time for things to change but interesting nonetheless

Lodin will get killed on the 4th line & isn't what they need or better than what we already have on the top 9. IMO Kastelic is made for the 4th line & will end up playing many more NHL games & for much longer than most of those left on the board. He also happens to be very good at faceoffs a skill that is very much required & appreciated at the NHL level.

Don't forget injuries (or what could happen to a guy like Formenton for example), guys like Lodin and Crookshank will get games. If a guy like Kelly stop being as effective, they would bring an angus for new blood. Lodin would get games in a top-9 role, he's a skilled player. He might not have a long term future with the Sens but he could get noticed by other teams. Some probably already have him on their radar

The problem with your approach is you seem to consider team needs and the depth chart way too much, which is almost irrelevant in these polls. This is more relevant for the usual global prospects thread. Players that don't have a spot with a team get moved for another opportunity elsewhere. These polls have always been about ranking Sens prospects as potential NHL players, not only their role on the Sens

Agreed on Kastelic, I will start voting for him soon

Last edited:

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
At minimum would have him at 8th but could see him as high as 4th.

Short sample I know but he showed very well in the A and in his stint with Ottawa. His IQ had him in good positions, he wasn't shy physically and he has decent size with good puck protection skills.

I think he is going to be a very nice surprise this camp and and light up the AHL until he gets his shot with Ottawa again.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
At minimum would have him at 8th but could see him as high as 4th.

Short sample I know but he showed very well in the A and in his stint with Ottawa. His IQ had him in good positions, he wasn't shy physically and he has decent size with good puck protection skills.

I think he is going to be a very nice surprise this camp and and light up the AHL until he gets his shot with Ottawa again.

ok so you're very high on him. I admit there's something intriguing about him, the kind of obscure late bloomer who could become "anything"

If he booms then that's a very good "rebuilding bonus" for the Sens. We don't really need him but that'd be even more currency in the bank

Reactions: OD99

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
ok so you're very high on him. I admit there's something intriguing about him, the kind of obscure late bloomer who could become "anything"

If he booms then that's a very good "rebuilding bonus" for the Sens. We don't really need him but that'd be even more currency in the bank
Yep and again I am going off short sample and gut feeling. I always pick a dark horse type of prospect and in this poll he is my choice - people will be excited soon enough!! LOL

Reactions: Xspyrit

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

Weird that he's guy several of us has as our best prospect from the 2022 draft this early, he was our 3rd pick. Lot of time for things to change but interesting nonetheless

Don't forget injuries (or what could happen to a guy like Formenton for example), guys like Lodin and Crookshank will get games. If a guy like Kelly stop being as effective, they would bring an angus for new blood. Lodin would get games in a top-9 role, he's a skilled player. He might not have a long term future with the Sens but he could get noticed by other teams. Some probably already have him on their radar

The problem with your approach is you seem to consider team needs and the depth chart way too much, which is almost irrelevant in these polls. This is more relevant for the usual global prospects thread. Players that don't have a spot with a team get moved for another opportunity elsewhere. These polls have always been about ranking Sens prospects as potential NHL players, not only their role on the Sens

Agreed on Kastelic, I will start voting for him soon
Problem with these polls are that people value skill way too much & some of these guys never make it to the NHL or just get a cup of coffee & are never heard of again.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Problem with these polls are that people value skill way too much & some of these guys never make it to the NHL or just get a cup of coffee & are never heard of again.
At this point in the pool, most guys won't pan out regardless of whether they are skilled or grinders. We're getting to the point where a prospect might be a Dzingel vs a Chlapik or McCormick. A Harpur or Claesson vs an Englund or Wikstrand.

Everybody is a longshot once you get 10+ deep.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
At this point in the pool, most guys won't pan out regardless of whether they are skilled or grinders. We're getting to the point where a prospect might be a Dzingel vs a Chlapik or McCormick. A Harpur or Claesson vs an Englund or Wikstrand.

Everybody is a longshot once you get 10+ deep.
C'est vrai ... there's 20 yrs of French training right there.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

I agree partially but the mistake is to NOT take everything in consideration. I find this blog offered a nice summary :

But what you said is a bit the reason why I voted Crookshank in this poll, over guys more skilled like Lodin and Daoust for example. Crookshank's game translates pretty well to the NHL, he's the type of guy coaches love. Hopefully his injury won't set him back

Reactions: aragorn

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad