Prospect Info: Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2022 #12

Who is the Sens #12 Prospect at the moment?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2022

1- Jake Sanderson 96.6% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2022 #1)
2- Shane Pinto 89.9% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2022 #2)
3- Ridly Greig 87.3% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2022 #3)
4- Mads Søgaard 51.2%
(Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2022 #4 - Tie Breaker)
5- Lassi Thomson 59.3% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2022 #5)
6- Jacob Bernard-Docker 39.6% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2022 #6)
7- Zack Ostapchuk 43.3% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2022 #7)
8- Tyler Boucher 44.7% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2022 #8)
9- Tyler Kleven 47.5% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2022 #9)
10- Roby Jarventie 63.8%
(Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2022 #10 - Tie Breaker)
11- Egor Sokolov 62.5% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2022 #11)
12-
13-
14-
15-

As we have been doing since 2004, we are going to use the HF criterias for prospect eligibility (less than 65 NHL games and under 25 y/o). Anyway, I don't see a debate for any candidate this year so that makes it easier

Remember to vote based on all factors and not just NHL readiness. Overall skillset, hockey IQ, upside potential vs floor, age, stats, skating ability, array of shots, leadership qualities, size/strength, etc

Personally, I always ask myself, who would I draft BPA among these players?

Try to do some research on these kids, particularly the most recent ones. People are free to post links and videos about some of the prospects that should be voted soon, or even try to persuade others why a guy should be voted next! Spread info to help people vote.

Graduated players from 2021 (who are still in the organization) :

Erik Brännström and Alex Formenton. I'm also not including Vitali Abramov as he won't be back to NA before 25 y/o at least

To be added :

Philippe Daoust
Oliver Johansson
Benjamin Roger
Kevin Mandolese
Carson Latimer
Cole Reinhardt
Jonathan Aspirot
Chandler Romeo
Jakov Novak
Jonny Tychonick
Luke Loheit
Stephen Halliday
Jorian Donovan
Cameron O'Neill
Kevin Reidler
Theo Wallberg
Tyson Dyck

Also, leaving the link of pre-2017 polls if anyone wants to bookmark the page

Last edited:

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Merilainen

Crookshank missed a crucial development season and even if he recovers the top 9 is already set with lots of prospects ahead of him.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Merilainen

Crookshank missed a crucial development season and even if he recovers the top 9 is already set with lots of prospects ahead of him.
I don't see how having good prospects ahead of Crookshank impacts him as a prospect relative to other guys.

I mean, does having Sogaard make Marilainen a worse goalie?

As for missing a year, yeah that sucks, but he's still a very promising player that seemlesly transitioned from college to AHL last year (2020-21), he's going to come in with a chip on his shoulder looking to prove himself, I see him getting some NHL games next year as a callup.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I don't see how having good prospects ahead of Crookshank impacts him as a prospect relative to other guys.

I mean, does having Sogaard make Marilainen a worse goalie?

As for missing a year, yeah that sucks, but he's still a very promising player that seemlesly transitioned from college to AHL last year (2020-21), he's going to come in with a chip on his shoulder looking to prove himself, I see him getting some NHL games next year as a callup.

Yes, we're evaluating prospects as potential future NHL players. It doesn't have much to do with the Ottawa Senators outside of the fact that we're only ranking the guys who are in the Sens organization

Angus Crookshank might play 800 NHL games but 0 for Ottawa... If that happens, he would still be a pretty big success draft pick

Derek Grant from 2008 played 25 games for the Sens and looked like a quick cup-of-coffee guy and done. But he's still around the NHL and has now 381 NHL games. Good pick in the 4th round

Crooks plays the right way" and that's what gives player without elite skills a long fruitful career.

And it's way too early for Merilainen. He turns 20 tomorrow and has bad OHL numbers so far. I don't see a reason to vote him over a number of guys. He might turn into a good prospect but he's a very unproven goalie for now

All of Lodin, Crookshank, Kastelic, Kelly, Guénette, Daoust and probably Johansson, Hamara and Pettersson should be voted before him

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Lodin's time has come! He will prove he should be ranked higher soon.

Big fan and also big fan of the Crook.

Is Crookshank healed and training?

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020
A super close toss up between Lodin and Crookshank but I went with Lodin just because he didn't just miss a full year to injury.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Crookshank is going to keep Greig in the AHL this season.

People dont talk enough about the 4th line, but I think we're looking at a very mean and productive line in:

Crooked -Kelly -Watson

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

People dont talk enough about the 4th line, but I think we're looking at a very mean and productive line in:

Crooked -Kelly -Watson
Will Kelly or Crookshank play C?

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Will Kelly or Crookshank play C?
No. Both are LW and wouldn't be put in the middle.

Kastelic still looking like a good fit at C, especially if his footspeed/quickness have improved. Crookshank may be an option as LW3 if Forms is out...all depends on how his rehab went.

Reactions: Cosmix

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
No. Both are LW and wouldn't be put in the middle.

Kastelic still looking like a good fit at C, especially if his footspeed/quickness have improved. Crookshank may be an option as LW3 if Forms is out...all depends on how his rehab went.

I looked both Kelly and Crookshank up to see if they played C. Both are listed as LW; however, apparently Crookshank played at C for Belleville for some games. Not sure how many.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I don't see a future for Lodin in Ottawa, I like Crookshank but think there are too many ahead of him on LW & while I think Hamara could have the most potential of the guys on the board there are also too many ahead of him at LD that better fit the roles this team needs. Therefore, I think Kastelic should be the next in line since I think he will carve out a decent career as a 4th line centre & tough guy in the NHL & hopefully with Ottawa.

Reactions: Berri UQAM

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Parker Kelly, he actually looks good in the NHL and not sexy in the practice in the AHL

Is this the who scores the prettiest goals list or the top prospects list?

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Parker Kelly, he actually looks good in the NHL and not sexy in the practice in the AHL

Is this the who scores the prettiest goals list or the top prospects list?

Would be surprised if Kelly is anything more than a good 4th liner in the making. Same goes for Kastelic.

Both will play some games but if they are barely above or at replacement level compared to what we could get simply by making a claim on waivers, they aren't worth ranking high.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Would be surprised if Kelly is anything more than a good 4th liner in the making. Same goes for Kastelic.

Both will play some games but if they are barely above or at replacement level compared to what we could get simply by making a claim on waivers, they aren't worth ranking high.

Would you rather have an excellent 4th line player at 12 minutes a night or a very average/below average 3rd liner who’s in and out of the league?

Lodin doesn’t look like a player who can impact an NHL game, Parker Kelly does

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Would you rather have an excellent 4th line player at 12 minutes a night or a very average/below average 3rd liner who’s in and out of the league?

You can find 4th liners every year for free via the waiver wire. There are over a dozen decent ones available in free agency right now that are waiting by the phone.

Lodin is a longshot, but with his skill he's a potential top 6 guy if it all comes together. I'd rather take a gamble on him than a guy like Kelly or Kastelic, even if it's more likely than not he's not a future NHLer.

Reactions: DrEasy

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008

I go with the 4th liner. Our team was so much better when we had guys like Neil, Dean-O-Mac, Ruutu and Donovan filling out the roster.

Reactions: aragorn

Snowwy

Jan 29, 2006
Filip Nordberg. Same reasoning as Hale, regarding the other players and I considered Lodin, I just don’t think he is the guy that makes it but totally right that if he did, he would the best of those listed. I’d rather take the potential top 4 over the 4th line guy like Parker Kelly.

Reactions: Xspyrit

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

Crooked -Kelly -Watson

I think it's written in the sky to be Kelly - Kastelic - Watson

I don't see a future for Lodin in Ottawa, I like Crookshank but think there are too many ahead of him on LW & while I think Hamara could have the most potential of the guys on the board there are also too many ahead of him at LD that better fit the roles this team needs. Therefore, I think Kastelic should be the next in line since I think he will carve out a decent career as a 4th line centre & tough guy in the NHL & hopefully with Ottawa.

Wrong thread for this approach. We're ranking Sens prospects in regards to their NHL potential.

By the way, didn't Dorion say that Lodin will be "ready" after Christmas?

I think Kastelic will play more NHL games and he's bigger, a Center, better defensively and excellent on faceoffs. Parker Kelly reminds me of a better Max McCormick, so will play more games but not sure it will be for that long

Crookshank could be a player. If no injury setback, will turn some heads by the way he approaches the game. It took just a few games for Mann to be enamored with him. DJ Smith will go pro bono as well.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I go with the 4th liner. Our team was so much better when we had guys like Neil, Dean-O-Mac, Ruutu and Donovan filling out the roster.

Agree. Kelly has an infectious style of play but has the unique blend of energy but as a 4th liner has a desire to score that inspires the top 6 guys to get after the puck.
His persistence to get the puck to the net and dig until the echo of the whistle is awesome and gets people thinking about scoring, which is a positive mind set for a team and that’s why I’m a big fan

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Zack Ostapchuk is probably gaining more popularity & might even move up in the ranking.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
His persistence to get the puck to the net and dig until the echo of the whistle is awesome.
I love this phrasing.

We have a few guys like this in Brady and certainly Greig as well...we are going to be a very entertaining team that will score and irritate.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I have not seen enough of Crookshank to have an opinion at this time. I hope he has the skill and tenacity to play at the NHL level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad