Prospect Info: Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2021 FINAL TOP-30

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
It really does look like the lack of scouting staff hurt us last year.

If you compare a team that is traditionally great at drafting, like the Wings, they have 23 scouting staff personnel. Compare that to Ottawa, we have 13.

What is absolutely staggering to me is that we have two (2) scouts dedicated to Europe versus five (5) on the Wings.

I understand we are cash strapped, but surely if you can shell out money for guys like Murray, Del Zotto, etc...surely...we can afford 5-6 more scouts?

Having more numbers doesn't always mean the extra people are good at what they do. Conversely, that effect is even more magnified if you have a small team of which several are average/poor.

I think this team's European scouting is extremely poor and lacking and it shows.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
It really does look like the lack of scouting staff hurt us last year.

If you compare a team that is traditionally great at drafting, like the Wings, they have 23 scouting staff personnel. Compare that to Ottawa, we have 13.

What is absolutely staggering to me is that we have two (2) scouts dedicated to Europe versus five (5) on the Wings.

I understand we are cash strapped, but surely if you can shell out money for guys like Murray, Del Zotto, etc...surely...we can afford 5-6 more scouts?

Having more numbers doesn't always mean the extra people are good at what they do. Conversely, that effect is even more magnified if you have a small team of which several are average/poor.

I think this team's European scouting is extremely poor and lacking and it shows.

Agreed. Scouting should have been augmented for the rebuild.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad