Prospect Info: Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2018 (#9)

Who is currently the Sens #9 prospect?

• Aaron Luchuk

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gabriel Gagné

• Ben Harpur

• Marcus Högberg

• Angus Crookshank

• Johnny Gruden

• Nick Paul

• Andreas Englund

• Julius Bergman

• Parker Kelly

• Kevin Mandolese

• Francis Perron

• Todd Burgess

• Andrew Sturtz

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
In fairness, nearly everyone haven't seen him play before. I think once people see a bit of him he'll move up significantly. Personally, I have ahead of Formenton and Chlapik comfortably. Toss up between him and White as far as ranking on my list.
I've got jbd only behind Brady and chabot

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
JBD and Tychonick have to show something against NCAA competition before I give them any kind of ranking. Nothing against Tier II Junior, but it's not like there's all that much competition in those leagues...especially when you only have 2-3 teams with all the stars, and the rest of the league is fodder. CHL teams may have imbalance between the top and bottom teams, but overall, there's more competition and easier to gauge a prospect in those league (plus much more opportunity to see them play). It's way too early to figure out anything with those two kids.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
JBD and Tychonick have to show something against NCAA competition before I give them any kind of ranking. Nothing against Tier II Junior, but it's not like there's all that much competition in those leagues...especially when you only have 2-3 teams with all the stars, and the rest of the league is fodder. CHL teams may have imbalance between the top and bottom teams, but overall, there's more competition and easier to gauge a prospect in those league (plus much more opportunity to see them play). It's way too early to figure out anything with those two kids.

I agree these kids might end up being really good but to me they are both trying to get to where Wolanin has been and where he is now .. lots to prove

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Eye test baby. Jbd is foreal.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Eye test baby. Jbd is foreal.

But....what eye test? It's not like most of us have access to watch Jr A teams way out in the west coast on a regular basis. And the development camp this month really doesn't give a real indication what these kids can do.

I think the first real eye test for most of us will be the prospect and main camp this fall.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
But....what eye test? It's not like most of us have access to watch Jr A teams way out in the west coast on a regular basis. And the development camp this month really doesn't give a real indication what these kids can do.

I think the first real eye test for most of us will be the prospect and main camp this fall.
Put Karlsson on the ice with midget players and his skill would be just as evident. Watch jbds highlights. The skating and quick shot are going to make him a beast in the nhl.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
After the next few there is a huge drop.

I'd rate Wolanin, Jaros, JBD and Tychonick pretty highly. Lajoie is a pretty solid prospect too, and Gagne was top 10 in AHL goalscoring amongst U22 players. Crookshank, to me, seems like a guy who can rocket up the rankings and I actually think Nurmi is a pretty solid prospect with a very good chance at becoming a valuable bottom 6er. Even Harpur has solid bottom pairing upside - he was horrible last year but he's been fantastic at times in the AHL and is still young and huge (typically a larger learning curve). I think we'd all be pretty gung-ho on him if he spent last season in the AHL.

Hogberg still has potential, Hollett and D'Accord both have potential, and I'm sure there's at least a guy or two that I haven't named who will be considered bonafide prospects in a year or two. There is a definite dropoff but I think we have a lot of talent in the top 20.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Should do a tie breaker between DOCKER and Wolanin imo.

Would be interesting to see where the Jaros and Tychonick votes end up going.

Benttheknee

Jun 18, 2005
Ottawa
JBD and Tychonick have to show something against NCAA competition before I give them any kind of ranking.

Sorry but this is bizarre. JBD was drafted 26th and while I have not clue how good he is I trust the scouts to evaluate talent. I ask myself, could the guy I am voting for have been traded for the 25th pick in this years draft. If the answer is no, JBD get the vote.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad