Prospect Info: Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2018 (#7)

Who is currently the Sens #7 prospect?

• Aaron Luchuk

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gabriel Gagné

• Maxime Lajoie

• Ben Harpur

• Marcus Högberg

• Angus Crookshank

• Johnny Gruden

• Markus Nurmi

• Nick Paul

• Andreas Englund

• Julius Bergman

• Parker Kelly

• Kevin Mandolese

• Total voters

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Winner of the last poll : Alex Formenton!

HF Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2018

1- Thomas Chabot (https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/sens-board-prospect-rankings-2018-1st-read.2512983/)
2- Brady Tkachuk (https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/sens-board-prospect-rankings-2018-2.2513477/#post-147885443/)
3- Logan Brown (https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/hf-sens-board-prospects-ranking-2018-3.2514601/)
4- Colin White (https://hfboards.mandatory.com/thre...spects-ranking-2018-4.2515385/#post-148056203/)
5- Drake Batherson (https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/hf-sens-board-prospects-ranking-2018-5.2516247/)
6- Alex Formenton (https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/sens-board-prospects-ranking-2018-6.2516641/)

NHL Prospect Criteria (HF) :

Hockey's Future - NHL Prospect Criteria

2017 Senators Prospects Top 30 + Past Rankings

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/sens-board-prospect-rankings-2017-29th-final-poll.2381591/

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/2016-senators-prospects-top-30-past-rankings.2128929/

Who should I add next?

Francis Perron (LW) Sénateurs de Belleville AHL
Jakov Novak (LW / C) Bentley Univ. NCAA
Luke Loheit (RW) Penticton Vees BCHL
Andrew Sturtz (RW) Belleville Senators AHL
Joel Daccord (G) Arizona State Univ. NCAA
Jordan Hollett (G) Medicine Hat Tigers WHL
Miles Gendron (D) Univ. du Connecticut NCAA
Filip Ahl (LW / RW) Tingsryds AIF Allsvenskan
Todd Burgess (C / RW) RPI (Institut Rensselaer Polytech) NCAA
Patrick Sieloff (D) Belleville Senators AHL
Jack Rodewald (RW) Belleville Senators AHL
Macoy Erkamps (D) Belleville Senators AHL
Kelly Summers (D) ??????
Mikael Wikstrand (D) Färjestad BK SHL

The poll will be open for 24-48 hours.

SensBrawler

Jun 24, 2013
I imagine our poor history of developing goalies is a major reason as to why Gustavsson hasn't been ranked yet.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I'm voting for Gus again based on his ceiling. Obivously people voting Formenton or any other player over him must be going based off something else.
Goalies are voodoo and are almost all long shots. The chances of Formenton being a regular player in the NHL are much higher than Gustavsson. Formenton is guaranteed to be an NHL player.

I voted Bernard-Docker here. I think he looks like an NHL player in the making, the fact that he is going to college so the team doesnt have a chance to screw up his development as much and his style of play make me think he is going to play in the league some day. Love these smooth skating, puck moving d men.

Reactions: Cosmix

SensBrawler

Jun 24, 2013
I believe this poll is in regards to prospects though, not the Senator's management and development staff.

Gee.....thanks for that.

I'm just saying it's possible that people are hesitant to vote for goalies when most of our top goalie prospects like Driedger, O'Connor, etc. have busted. Even Lehner didn't become as good as we expected. I know Gustavsson's more on the higher level of Lehner than the others, but goalies are more unpredictable than forwards and defenders.

I think Gustavsson should have been voted in already, but I understand why people are hesitant to vote for him.

Last edited:
Reactions: DrunkUncleDenis

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Goalies are voodoo and are almost all long shots. The chances of Formenton being a regular player in the NHL are much higher than Gustavsson. Formenton is guaranteed to be an NHL player.

I voted Bernard-Docker here. I think he looks like an NHL player in the making, the fact that he is going to college so the team doesnt have a chance to screw up his development as much and his style of play make me think he is going to play in the league some day. Love these smooth skating, puck moving d men.
I don't disagree with what you're saying but if you're voting for guys with lower upside that qualifier that you value likelihood of becoming a NHL player out ways the potential should be made.

Like many, I see Formenton as a pretty safe bet to be a decent middle 9 player. His potential is that of a 2nd line LW. 20-25 goal type. Plays hard, kills penalties etc.

I'd take my chances with Gustavsson being a legit starter though. He's a top 3-5 goalie prospect in all hockey, so I think he deserves a high placement in our overall rankings.

Reactions: derriko

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Formenton above Gustavsson is wild

I am a wild man

0bc.gif

That being said Gustavsson easily here.

Benttheknee

Jun 18, 2005
Ottawa
I'm voting for Gus again based on his ceiling. Obivously people voting Formenton or any other player over him must be going based off something else.

Goalies are totally unpredictable. Formenton was one of the youngest players to ever play an NHL game and was solid at the WJC. Will he be a regular 20 goal scorer? Likely not, but I bet he plays 800 games.

Last edited:

Benttheknee

Jun 18, 2005
Ottawa
Like many, I see Formenton as a pretty safe bet to be a decent middle 9 player. His potential is that of a 2nd line LW. 20-25 goal type. Plays hard, kills penalties etc.

I'd take my chances with Gustavsson being a legit starter though. He's a top 3-5 goalie prospect in all hockey, so I think he deserves a high placement in our overall rankings.

There are only a handful of goalies that are Number 1's for 5+ years and even if he is in the best 3-5, it is still unlikely he will be a true #1. Name the best goalie drafted by the Sens..... obviously it was Brian Elliot. I'll take Formenton and his blazing speed easy.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Starting goalie > or = top 4 defenseman > middle 6 winger. You can argue the probabilities of these guys achieving these roles, but I think it’s Gus or Wolanin over Formenton.

I really thought Wolanin played very well for the Sens, and i’d put money on him being a solid two way guy.

Tychonick and JBD are going to fly up this list next year...I guarantee it. I understand the hesitancy right now with how unproven they are, but the skills, skating, and IQ are going to make them both very good defenseman.

Reactions: Deku

Benttheknee

Jun 18, 2005
Ottawa
I find it easy to rate the guys from the draft. Simple question, would you have traded Pick #26 (JBD) in the 2018 draft for the guy you are voting for?

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Gus winning this one is fair. I am still voting Wolanin until he is in. After him I'd go Jaros, Chlapik, JBD, Tychonik

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
There's half a dozen kids that could go in this spot. Hard to choose, but I picked Wolanin last time, so might as well do ti again.

Any of Chaplik, Jaros, Lajoie, Gustavsson could fit here.

Crookshank, Hogberg and Kelly could end up rising a lot this season, too.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Voted for Chlapik, again. His junior career was better than Batherson’s. Plus he was called up last season.

Next votes for me will be Wolanin, based on his few games played at the end of last season, followed by Jaros without much data to support the vote but because I like his size.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alf Silfversson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad