Prospect Info: Sens Board Prospects FINAL Ranking 2020 #14

Who is the Sens #14 Prospect at the moment?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Sens Board Prospects Final Ranking 2020

1- Tim Stuetzle (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects FINAL Ranking 2020 #1)
2- Jake Sanderson (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects FINAL Ranking 2020 #2)
3- Drake Batherson (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects FINAL Ranking 2020 #3)
4- Josh Norris (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects FINAL Ranking 2020 #4)
5- Erik Brannstrom (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects FINAL Ranking 2020 #5)
6- Logan Brown (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects FINAL Ranking 2020 #6)
7- Jacob Bernard-Docker (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects FINAL Ranking 2020 #7)
8- Alex Formenton (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects FINAL Ranking 2020 #8)
9- Shane Pinto (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects FINAL Ranking 2020 #9)
10- Ridly Greig (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects FINAL Ranking 2020 #10)
11- Roby Jarventie (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects FINAL Ranking 2020 #11)
12- Rudolfs Balcers (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects FINAL Ranking 2020 #12)
13- Vitali Abramov (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects FINAL Ranking 2020 #13)
14-
15-

Prospects to be added :

Maxence Guénette
Philippe Daoust
Parker Kelly
Mark Kastelic
Jakov Novak
Jonathan Aspirot
Leevi Merilainen
Eric Engstrand
Jean-Christophe Beaudin
Olle Alsing
Cole Reinhardt
Michael Carcone
Viktor Lodin
Luke Loheit

As we have been doing since 2004, we are going to use the HF criterias for prospect eligibility (less than 65 NHL games and under 25 y/o)

NHL Prospect Criteria - Hockey's Future

I have removed prospects who graduated (Jaros, Wolanin, Hogberg, Paul, Zub), were traded (Gruden) or not qualified (Hawryluk, Englund)

Remember to vote based on all factors and not just NHL readiness. Overall skillset, hockey IQ, upside potential vs floor, age, stats, skating ability, array of shots, leadership qualities, size/strenght, etc

Personally, I always ask myself, who would I draft BPA in priority among these players?

Try to do some research on the kids, particularly the new ones. People can post links and videos about some of the prospects that should be voted soon

Also, leaving the link of pre-2017 polls if anyone wants to bookmark the page

2016 Senators Prospects Top 30 + Past Rankings

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Thomson will probably win due to his 1st round selection, but he shouldn't.

Sokolov is my vote. Huge kid with great hands and shooting ability. Darkhorse top 6 potential, but could be a Maroon-type PF in the bottom 6 if the offense doesn't translate fully.

Reactions: NB613

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I still think this is Thomson by a mile on tools alone, but I understand the hesitation based on the reports were getting this season. Outside of the goalies though I'm not sure I see an argument for any of the guys left over Lassi on upside alone. I might die on this hill though.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I still think this is Thomson by a mile on tools alone, but I understand the hesitation based on the reports were getting this season. Outside of the goalies though I'm not sure I see an argument for any of the guys left over Lassi on upside alone. I might die on this hill though.
The eye test at the WJC matched the reports he was terrible. He is strugglins in the Liiga which is a way worse league than the AHL, he seems to be regressing. Chlapik was a way better player at the same age. I dont see how Thomson is a better prospect than Chlapik, Sokolov or Daccord not close at all.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Tools are nothing without the toolbox. We’ve seen more than our fair share of that type of guy come through our system, and it has never ended up as a win.

I don’t care if you have a cannon or extreme physical tools if you take 2 seconds to make an decision you only have 0.5 seconds to make.

There are 4-5 players I take over him left, not including goalies.

jhutter

Dec 23, 2016
The eye test at the WJC matched the reports he was terrible. He is strugglins in the Liiga which is a way worse league than the AHL, he seems to be regressing. Chlapik was a way better player at the same age. I dont see how Thomson is a better prospect than Chlapik, Sokolov or Daccord not close at all.

I wouldn't say that it's way worse than the AHL, but it is a worse league. Chlapik will be almost 24 years old when this coming season starts, and Thomson just turned 20. While I don't see bright futures for either player, you have to give the nod to Thomson due to age. Can we accept that Chlapik is spare parts when he turns 25?

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I wouldn't say that it's way worse than the AHL, but it is a worse league. Chlapik will be almost 24 years old when this coming season starts, and Thomson just turned 20. While I don't see bright futures for either player, you have to give the nod to Thomson due to age. Can we accept that Chlapik is spare parts when he turns 25?
Most posters on here cant seem to see what Chlapik brings to the table and that he is an NHL player already. Has been a better player at the same age as Thomson his entire life. I have watched both players play and Chlapik projects as a better NHL player. So yes he gets my vote. Thomsons doesnt have the hockey IQ, i see him as a long shot to play in the NHL.

Reactions: Karl Eriksson

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008

The tools aren't that great though. He's a good, not great skater, and he's only 6'0. His shot is a cannon, but he'll never be accurate with it because he doesn't process information quickly enough.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I don't get the Thomson love.. He is absolutely not a better prospect than a few remaining here. Actually I think you could make a decent argument for any one else on the list over Thomson and possibly a couple yet to make the list

jhutter

Dec 23, 2016
Most posters on here cant seem to see what Chlapik brings to the table and that he is an NHL player already. Has been a better player at the same age as Thomson his entire life. I have watched both players play and Chlapik projects as a better NHL player. So yes he gets my vote. Thomsons doesnt have the hockey IQ, i see him as a long shot to play in the NHL.

I think Chlapik is a fringe NHL player. He hasn't been able to make a weak team and has looked ordinary at best when given a chance. I don't see him being a long-term piece on the team. My $.02. That isn't to say that I think Thomson is the real deal, I just feel that he at least has age on his side.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I don't get the Thomson love.. He is absolutely not a better prospect than a few remaining here. Actually I think you could make a decent argument for any one else on the list over Thomson and possibly a couple yet to make the list
His draft position, that's the only thing I can think of

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I think Chlapik is a fringe NHL player. He hasn't been able to make a weak team and has looked ordinary at best when given a chance. I don't see him being a long-term piece on the team. My $.02. That isn't to say that I think Thomson is the real deal, I just feel that he at least has age on his side.
He got more games than Batherson, Brown, Abramov, Balcers, Norris and Formenton last year... Do you think that happened for no reason? He played 8-10 minutes a game with Sabourin etc. Who on earth produces with that type of opportunity. He plays with an edge and is going to be an NHL player, Thomson may never play another game in North America again the way things are going.

Reactions: Karl Eriksson

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
Sokolov over Chlapik for me. Sokolov caught up to him in Q production in their respective 20 year old seasons. He's also had better production internationally.

I think Chlapik has a much higher floor but I'll take Sokolov's big body and I give him a higher cieling.

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
And for what it's worth, not even considering Lassi at this level.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
After bringing muself up to speed on how Thomson has performed since the WJC, i think i got to go with Daccord. He has starter potential imo

Sokolov is probably my favourite prospect still on the board, Chlapik is probably the most likely to be an NHL regular.

Hope Thomson can turn things around,

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Pretty good sign when the captain of the Finnish wjc team is going 14th in your prospect list.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
Woah super close between Thoms and Daccord

I have been voting Daccord since maybe the 10th position, albeit out of a bit of bias and not because I think he is our 10th most important prospect.

I am ok with both Grieg and Jarventie being 10-11, as I would not trade them over Daccord if a gun was held to my head. However I definitely think Daccord belongs at #12 over Balcers and Abramov.

Reactions: bert

R2010

May 23, 2011
Daccord easily. We can guarantee he will play NHL games in the future. Thomson is gonna be tough to rank this high. Jarventie's team clearly think he's above Thomson...

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Many people are down on Thomson but there's a Finnish poster in the Jarventie thread who had this to say :

"Thomson is also back in the roster after missing yesterday´s game (healthy scratch). He has lost something in his game and has not been able to use his shot effectively. However, his defensive game has been better than year ago."

Maybe Thomson is just focusing on his defensive game?

Way too early to know what wil happen with him. 14th-15th is ok for him at the moment.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
I'm going to be alone on this but I'm going to go with Lajoie on this one. At least until we can see how he's recovered from his hip injury. Max is nice skater, can handle the puck and make nice passes, plays well defensively and has developed a bit more of an edge. If he's healthy I think he'll play really well this year.

I still see an NHL defenseman with this player. Probably won't be in Ottawa though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad