Prospect Info: Sens Board Prospect Rankings 2017 (3rd)

SensBrawler

Jun 24, 2013
Sens Prospect Rankings:

1. Thomas Chabot D 6'02'' CAN (Saint John Sea Dogs, QMJHL) 96.67%
2. Colin White C 6'01'' USA (Boston College, NCAA) 84.51%

1297940615720_ORIGINAL.jpg

2016 Senators Prospects Top 30 + Past Rankings
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2128929&highlight=

Who should I add next?

Filip Ahl
Drake Batherson
Todd Burgess
Joey Daccord
Cody Donaghey
Chris Driedger
Vincent Dunn
Shane Eiserman
Macoy Erkamps
Gabriel Gagne
Miles Gendron
Jordan Hollett
Maxime Lajoie
Markus Nurmi
Patrick Sieloff
Kelly Summers
Christian Wolanin

Added Formenton

The poll will be open for 24-48 hours.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
This is where it gets somewhat interesting, but since imo Brown has significantly higher potential than any other prospect in the system, that's my choice. I get that some are predicting he'll bust, but imo that's very pre-mature.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
This should be 100% Brown. Had an off year last year, but he's the most talented forward in the system.

BUCKLE UP

MVPTP
Nov 30, 2009
Ottawa
I'm a big Nick Paul fan, but for pure potential and game breaking ability, I can't see how this isn't Brown.

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
I was really surprised by Harpur and think he could make the leap to the NHL full time.
I think he's going to be good.

Last edited:

MaxTheLimit

Hockey ruins all my personal relationships
Jul 21, 2016
Ontario
Logan Brown. Folks may be down on him right now, but he has the capability to be a big #1C. It's his long development time that are a concern. So much can go wrong, and there is no guarantee he reaches his potential.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Chlapik for me. Less high end potential than Brown but IMO a much higher chance of reaching his potential. Brown is a boom or bust prospect and I find myself evaluating him more toward the bust category. Hope I'm wrong. I'd love to eat crow on this post in 15 years as Brown is captaining the team to its third Cup.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Chlapik for me. Less high end potential than Brown but IMO a much higher chance of reaching his potential. Brown is a boom or bust prospect and I find myself evaluating him more toward the bust category. Hope I'm wrong. I'd love to eat crow on this post in 15 years as Brown is captaining the team to its third Cup.

Do you really think we'd leave you alone until that long? :laugh:

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Chlapik or Jaros, Claesson.

All have a higher give-a-crap metre than Brown. If Brown can fix that great. Until he does ...:skeptic:

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Brown, especially for the Sens.

We are flush with 2-way, 0.5 ppg players. That's the last thing we need.

Brown offers us a skill set and offensive impact that the Sens need to take the next step, that every other forward in our system lacks. Guys like Chlapik/White/Bowers/etc. Can be great contributors, but Brown is, by far, the most important cog in the Sens bullpen outside of Chabot.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Claesson is on the big team on a one way contract, not waivers exempt who's elc is done. Is he still to be considered a prospect?

I decided to add Claesson because I guess he’s still technically a prospect according to HF rules since he hasn’t played 65 games yet. We’ve done this in the past with guys like Ceci in 2014, Zibanejad, Conacher and Wiercioch in 2013, etc. and IMO it’s important to stay consistent.

If you don’t consider him a prospect anymore, you don’t have to vote for him. These rankings are just for fun, so it’s not a big deal.

Yup.

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
Anyone else worried about Brown's family situation? His dad was suspended from coaching, then was back and then left for health/personal reasons. Maybe there is some off ice stuff that has derailed him a bit? Pretty hard for a kid with all this pressure on him and a potential situation at home.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad