Not open for further replies.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Kerry Fraser weighs in on the waived off goals:

www.tsn.ca/c-mon-ref-a-flurry-of-no-goal-calls-in-senators-blues-game-1.145052

Looks like he probably thinks we should have won in regulation,

I found the last paragraph of the article intreaguing:

Condra was clearly pushed by Butler onto Elliott. Condra had no option to avoid contact with the Blues goalkeeper, reasonable or otherwise. For the past three years I have recommended that the referees need the opportunity to review these types of plays from a monitor in the penalty box. Brian Burke and Brian Murray recommended the implementation of this very process at a meeting during the summer. It would appear studies are ongoing? The very best real estate from which the refs could get this call right was from a secure location inside the penalty box looking at a review monitor.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
I found the last paragraph of the article intreaguing:

This is the bare minimum they should be able to do.

Especially when they currently just huddle together in a corner of the arena to compare notes verbally, it's just ridiculous they can't make use of video review.

I believe I heard Poile in the last GM meeting was also a fan of this approach at a minimum.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
If a player in the NHL is underperforming year after year in the NHL, he gets bought out and likely ends his career due to the consistent suck, the same should apply to Dan O'rourke, and Tim Peel. ****ing Ridiculous that these clowns and their personal vendettas against our players cost us points in the standings ever year.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Kerry Fraser weighs in on the waived off goals:

www.tsn.ca/c-mon-ref-a-flurry-of-no-goal-calls-in-senators-blues-game-1.145052

Looks like he probably thinks we should have won in regulation,

I think Fraser gave a good review of the referee calls on the goals called back. Based on what I saw, the calls were not atrocious as there was quite a scrum on one of them and the puck appeared to be hidden from view of the ref on the other. Sucks for the Senators but sometimes those things happen. I agree with Fraser that video reviews would be very helpful to ensure the "correct" call is made. I did swear a bit when the calls were made though! :)

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Nice comeback last night. Too bad they didn't put in the same effort against Detroit the night before.

They really should be the Pesky Sens more often! :yo:

BrawlFan

Apr 17, 2009
Havent posted in a while but felt like I needed to after this game:

If you read the GDT for the Blues they went from calling us Edmonton and how we are a **** team and how we are another bottom feeding Canadian team they should roll over...and what we have beat them 3 out of the last 4 times LOLOLOLOL TROLLinnnnnnnn''' hahaha the Blues love choking regardless of whether its April or not.

They have no class over there and I don't see anything all that hot about Peitro?! The guy cant hit the net even if the net was 12 feet high and 14ft wide, he would still miss it just high and wide lol

Backes?! Please....Reeves looking down our whole bench? Remember when Carcillo destroyed Talbot...but Talbot knew his team needed a spark and he went after the only idiot willing to fight when there was no reason too, enter Reeves..up 2-0 and no reason for him to fight there and yet that knuckledragger does and our team gets some momentum and we win the game...LOVE IT!!!!! :) Not a single player on the Blues makes me terrified, they have gutless players like Ott and Lap who constantly are underacheivers in the playoffs and get their lunches fed to them in the playoffs (Lucic and Boston destroying him and the players like him in the finals a couple years back)

AHHHHHH such a sweet win.... we own the Blues boys 3 out of 4 baby

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
If you read the GDT for the Blues they went from calling us Edmonton and how we are a **** team and how we are another bottom feeding Canadian team they should roll over...and what we have beat them 3 out of the last 4 times LOLOLOLOL TROLLinnnnnnnn''' hahaha the Blues love choking regardless of whether its April or not.

Well, we're a middling team at best.

Get used to that perspective from other team's fans.

Doesn't mean we can't come up with a "pesky" performance.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Pietro did not look like a Norris candidate.

This kid isn't a loud (play) player though... you wont notice him like you notice karlsson or subban or doughty or weber.

he quietly goes about his business. If youre not focusing on him some games you wont notice him.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Interesting last paragraph:

For the past three years I have recommended that the referees need the opportunity to review these types of plays from a monitor in the penalty box. Brian Burke and Brian Murray recommended the implementation of this very process at a meeting during the summer. It would appear studies are ongoing? The very best real estate from which the refs could get this call right was from a secure location inside the penalty box looking at a review monitor.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
This kid isn't a loud (play) player though... you wont notice him like you notice karlsson or subban or doughty or weber.

he quietly goes about his business. If youre not focusing on him some games you wont notice him.

I was definitely watching him intently. Not really impressive to me in the games I've seen him. Good player but not as good as advertised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia