Pre-Game Talk: Sens at Oilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
If we could just be a little bit better on the PP (Curently 25th). Even just 4 or 5% (that would be good enough for 21st in the league) better we would be in much better shape. We lose so much momentum not converting on these obvious scoring opportunities. We generate so little 5 on 5. A few more PP goals and many of our 3-2 losses turn into 4-3 wins. Or we can push games into OT and collect the loser pts.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Better enjoy this one and make hay. Because I just looked at the upcoming schedule and it is nothing but a diet of western conference teams, including all the heavyweights. This could get really ugly by Christmas time.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
This game is very strange to me.

First off I actually expect the Oilers to win this game by a large margin.

If they win it doesn't mean anything cause they are a weak Eastern team. If the Oilers actually lose I imagine the fire Eakins thread will get a well deserved surge.

Damned if you do damned if you don't. Until the Oil start beating Western Conference teams its all moot.

Craig Anderson is an excellent goalie. If he plays, I doubt there is any large margin. And the Sens have been playing very well and have a good record coming in. Yah, I know they are eastern, but still.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Hey guys leaf fan in peace I'll be joining you guys in your GDT later. I try to watch all teams a couple times a year and I im interested in seeing Yakupov because I have heard some nice things about him this year. Also want to look at RNH and LD. Should be a good game!

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
You do realize they're the same age right? It's not like Karlsson is 30, and Schultz is 18. They're both 24. Schultz has a career high of 33 points. Karlsson put up 78 points before Schultz was even in the league. Karlsson is pretty overrated imo, but Schultz isn't even close to him

wow I honestly did not know that. I thought Karlsson would've been atleast 2 years older. I'll just shut up and enjoy the game tonight

djdub

This Space for Rent
Oct 1, 2011
Calgary, AB
Hey guys Oiler fan coming in peace.

I know the Oil probably wont win this one but the future is going to be bright for the team!

Keep your chins up.

LoneSteele

Mar 5, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Tonight is one of only two games each year I won't be rooting for the Oilers. I'm a Sens fan that now calls Edmonton home.

Two young teams that have lots of flash and upside but need to develop some consistency. I'm curious to see the reception Curtis Lazar gets in his pseudo homecoming. He really seems to have enjoyed his time in Edmonton and talks about it a lot in Ottawa.

Either way - I'm hoping for a good game. Should be fun!

Horseradish

Dec 9, 2005
London, ON
I was just going to comment on how much of an inferior complex Sens fans in this forum have.

I was reading their PGT and holy smokes is it ever full of contempt for the Oilers and our fans.

What's with that? It's not like they're some unstoppable force to be reckoned with. Why is it so galling that the Oilers might beat them? And what's with the Cowen love? He's a slow, low-scoring dman who can't play against top opposition without being handed favourable zone starts..

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
As okay as Aulie has been, there's no need for marincin to be scratched still.

The kid had 1 bad game and hasn't seen the ice since. How's a guy supposed to show he can fight through that kind of thing if he's not given a chance.

If they aren't going to play klefbom and marincin, then at least send them down so they can play big minutes in okc.

We're ruining two very promising dmen. They need to play, not sit, whether it be here or in okc.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
GDT is going to be a bit later than usual.
Sorry guys, life got in the way.

I'll try to make it worth the wait though.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
I was just going to comment on how much of an inferior complex Sens fans in this forum have.

I was reading their PGT and holy smokes is it ever full of contempt for the Oilers and our fans.

What's with that? It's not like they're some unstoppable force to be reckoned with. Why is it so galling that the Oilers might beat them? And what's with the Cowen love? He's a slow, low-scoring dman who can't play against top opposition without being handed favourable zone starts..

What's this? Another teams fans are hating on our team and our fans? So a win tonight would be great to shut them up a little?

GUARANTEED LOSS.

Also, according to their GDT, ours is filled with arrogant fans saying we'll blow them out, even though I could only see one Oiler fan here saying that, and two who said we should win.

The Horror!

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
last time we played the sens hemsky danced all over them and then we traded him there LOLOLOLOL who sucks here that we want to trade there? brad hunt

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
As okay as Aulie has been, there's no need for marincin to be scratched still.

The kid had 1 bad game and hasn't seen the ice since. How's a guy supposed to show he can fight through that kind of thing if he's not given a chance.

If they aren't going to play klefbom and marincin, then at least send them down so they can play big minutes in okc.

We're ruining two very promising dmen. They need to play, not sit, whether it be here or in okc.

I agree to an extent. Aulie isn't the one who should come out. Nikitin is struggling again, so it's time for him to have a night off

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
You do realize they're the same age right? It's not like Karlsson is 30, and Schultz is 18. They're both 24. Schultz has a career high of 33 points. Karlsson put up 78 points before Schultz was even in the league. Karlsson is pretty overrated imo, but Schultz isn't even close to him

Bang on here. I think we all have to come to the realization that though Schultz can be a decent NHL defensemen, Norris trophies are doubtful.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Better enjoy this one and make hay. Because I just looked at the upcoming schedule and it is nothing but a diet of western conference teams, including all the heavyweights. This could get really ugly by Christmas time.

"Could" get ugly? "Will" get ugly. :cry:

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
The Sens are 7-4-4

How is this a slam dunk win?

I can only comment on games I've seen this year and last but to me the Sens look like a very weak team that would be annihilated in the West.

On paper they are not very strong.

Coaching is stronger, and I am not saying we will win, but this is a match up that the Oilers "should" win every time just on the talent level of our roster.... Yes, even without Hall.

ToeMcDrag83

5-14-6-1
Aug 25, 2010
Oil Country
Anyone feel like Draisaitl could use a game or two in the pressbox?

I know we don't have anyone to replace him, but he's looked awfully rough the last few games. No jump, nothing being creating, and giveaways galore. Needs a wake up call.

Oilfan2

13.5%
Aug 12, 2005

I know we don't have anyone to replace him, but he's looked awfully rough the last few games. No jump, nothing being creating, and giveaways galore. Needs a wake up call.

I agree..As I've been saying, we need a 2C. Barring that, he still needs a few games to watch.
Nikitin can sit for a few as well. Let Marincin back and see how it goes. That's supposed to be why we have depth at D.
I wouldn't take Aulie out yet as he's one of the few that provides any physicality back there and takes guys out along the boards, etc. As long as he continues to play the simple game (puck off the glass, etc), he may be alright.
If not, Klef should be ready.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007

RNH's home cooking will help the guy out for tonight's game. :naughty:

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
i wouldnt mind seeing a glimpse or 2 of what Draisaitl supposedly can bring to the table. aside from a few passes he hasnt done anything remarkable yet.

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
wow I honestly did not know that. I thought Karlsson would've been atleast 2 years older. I'll just shut up and enjoy the game tonight

Had to comment, this was quite refreshing to hear someone not argue their point to death long after they realize it was misguided. Kudos to you.

Not buying the Sens success and not buying the Oil's woes - still have it 4-2 Oil.

gqmixmaster

Jun 1, 2006
we need to add a couple more guys not afraid to throw the open ice hit, that was always fun to watch.

Ulanov
Mironov
Gator
Marchment
Luke Richardson

those were the days...

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010

HAha cmon, there's like one comment.

And I agree some Oilers fans are a little overzealous with the Eastern conference thing.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
RNH's home cooking will help the guy out for tonight's game. :naughty:

OHxzoS4.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad