Pre-Game Talk: Sens at Oilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Hey guys,

May as well start talking about tonight's match up here for now.

I'll have the GDT up sometime today.

I didn't watch the game yesterday, so I have no clue who played good or bad...though I'm glad to see Yaks and Pouliot get a goal.

NAF

Beauty Fakes
Sep 30, 2010
I predict another win for the 2014-15 Eastern Conference Champion Edmonton Oilers.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Maybe the Oilers should hire a hypnotist to hypnotize them into thinking that the western conference is actually the eastern conference. Playoffs baby!

Last edited:

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Eastern Conference team paying a visit to Rexall?

So-Youre-Telling-Me-Theres-A-Chance-Dumb-and-Dumber.gif

Eakins should've kept the team in New York and refused to fly back until the NHL agreed to relocate them to the Eastern Conference.

Diamondillium

DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton, AB
My cousin is a Sens fan, so this is our one game a year (I go to a few others), so hopefully we can whoop them a new one again so I have some taunt fuel for the next while.

backhandsauce

Oct 19, 2009
Eberle likes playing the Sens. I also think we may see Hall back.

I'd like to see this top six...

Pouliot-Nuge-Eberle
Hall-Arco-Yakupov

Diamondillium

DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton, AB
It's a shame we don't have Hemsky playing his last game for the Oilers again this time. Last time I enjoyed how he single-handedly destroyed them, then wound up on their team the next day.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I know i can be a broken record on this topic, but I hope we play Fasth. We can promise Ben the next start.

Im not a fan of benching a goalie for a bad period. Let him bounce back.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Gazdic - Acton - Hamilton

Nikitin - Hunt

Hopefully that's our starting 5 when the puck drops, and first line. A daddy's boy, a MacT **** up--um, I mean 'project.' Oh, 2 of them! There's also that Hunt guy. Not getting paid 4 times his worth, but oh well. Maybe we can do that when his current contract expires. A face-puncher and an Eakins pal from the Marlies. Perfect.

backhandsauce

Oct 19, 2009
It's a shame we don't have Hemsky playing his last game for the Oilers again this time. Last time I enjoyed how he single-handedly destroyed them, then wound up on their team the next day.

Hemsky is off to a horrible start. I thought he would thrive in the Big D.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Hemsky is off to a horrible start. I thought he would thrive in the Big D.

To be fair, his whole team is off to a much worse than expected start. I had thought the Stars would do real well in the regular season at least.

As for this game, I'm expecting the Oilers to win because it's the East.

backhandsauce

Oct 19, 2009
a little off topic but would anyone trade Purcell and a pick to Dallas for Hemsky and Horcoff?

I know it sounds stupid but we could prob use those guys right now.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Dorian! It is no longer daylight savings time you don't have to flip your calendar forward a full day! :shakehead ................ :D

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
And get Chopper and Gator to come out of retirement. Get the whole gang back together;)

Well, that is the Oilers' M.O.
But usually they wait until after they retire as players.

Edit: I think it's an AWFUL idea to bring Horcoff and Hemsky back. Both are finish. Two finished players for a serviceable winger? Big NO. They were playing Horcoff on the wing in many games this year (probably last year, too; I wouldn't be surprised). Hemsky got his payday, which is why he had a great end to last season. Just no. No, no, no.

Last edited:

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Dorian! It is no longer daylight savings time you don't have to flip your calendar forward a full day! :shakehead ................ :D

Hardy har har.

Very funny.

I think my mix up on dates is because of Oilers management and Shawn Horcoff.

I'm pretty sure Horcoff hired Charles Manson himself to Creepy Crawl into my house at night to re arrange my calendar.

That is the only plausible explanation I can come up with.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Hardy har har.

Very funny.

I think my mix up on dates is because of Oilers management and Shawn Horcoff.

I'm pretty sure Horcoff hired Charles Manson himself to Creepy Crawl into my house at night to re arrange my calendar.

That is the only plausible explanation I can come up with.

Horcoff ain't that good, he might get Chucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad