News Article: Sens announce changes in Hockey Ops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Not the Big One everyone is patiently waiting for.

Ben Sexton in as an assistant coach ; Chris Dennis replaces him in Belleville
Sean Tierney is announced as the Director of Hockey Analytics
Rob Murphy promoted to Chief Scout
also mentions Jim Clark remains in a pro scouting capacity

Reactions: DrEasy

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa

Not the Big One everyone is patiently waiting for.

Ben Sexton in as an assistant coach ; Chris Dennis replaces him in Belleville
Sean Tierney is announced as the Director of Hockey Analytics
Rob Murphy promoted to Chief Scout
also mentions Jim Clark remains in a pro scouting capacity

So they announced a new head Pro Scout but nothing about head Amateur Scout?

Also, wonder what roles/responsibilities Sexton will have.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
So they announced a new head Pro Scout but nothing about head Amateur Scout?

Also, wonder what roles/responsibilities Sexton will have.
Rob Murphy I thought would be Chief scout (all scouting) I could be wrong on that.. probably am.

I guess that is still to come.

Last edited:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I don't know of anyone ever doing both roles. They're completing different jobs that need you to be in completely different physical places.

Replacing Jim Clark was long overdue.
Agree. Also the mistake has already been caught and mentioned and corrected. I skimmed over it. I wondered why they mentioned Jim Clark hanging around and made a bad assumption.

If anything, this suggests bigger changes aren't coming. Andlauer is expected to get the keys this week. Why would Dorion have the go-ahead to hire more of his own guys if he wasn't sticking around?
We should expect changes even if they are not immediate. I think our amateur scouting will change and expand over the year.

Reactions: Senator Stanley

Pinto Bean

Sep 13, 2009
Ottawa
From listening to many of the Sens related podcasts, I often hear Ben Sexton being name dropped by Belleville players as a guy who has had a really positive impact on both themselves and that team in general!

Super awesome that he's been recognized for a promotion and hopefully he has a similar impact with the big squad!

Satoru Gojo

Jan 15, 2012
If anything, this suggests bigger changes aren't coming. Andlauer is expected to get the keys this week. Why would Dorion have the go-ahead to hire more of his own guys if he wasn't sticking around?
Right, I just mean its the start of something, wouldn't suggest any massive change (coach or GM) is imminent

Emerica

May 29, 2010
For now, sure. At this point don’t think anyone should be expecting sweeping changes until later in the season, at least i know i am not. Don’t think this round of hire/moves changes anything in the grand scheme of things

Last edited:
Reactions: Tnuoc Alucard

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
From listening to many of the Sens related podcasts, I often hear Ben Sexton being name dropped by Belleville players as a guy who has had a really positive impact on both themselves and that team in general!

Super awesome that he's been recognized for a promotion and hopefully he has a similar impact with the big squad!

Randy Sexton, one of the founding fathers of the modern day Sens, must be proud of his son. The legacy is strong, so I am happy they are recognizing his contributions as he moves up the chain. Andlauer's profile appears to be of a merit-based boss who will take care of his employees. Loyalty based on merit, the way it should be for competitive sports with the goal of winning. I am happy with the recent moves, some big ones to come!

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009
I suspect DJ has a few months to keep his job, if the Sens have a terrible start like they have in the last few years I'm sure he gets tossed. I bet PD has the full season, if they make the playoffs he probably keeps his job

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Sens hire an eminent member of the pocket protector brigade; the league is doomed. There will be no further mistakes made on player personnel decisions. We're just like the Leafs now, nothing but pure facts and total efficiency.

Reactions: Alfie11

KingAlfie11

Nov 3, 2021
The only way DJ and PD get fired is if the team falters this season, but if the team makes the playoffs then I could see DJ and PD sticking around for a while. All of you DJ and PD haters are in a tough situation do you cheer for the Sens to have success or do you cheer for the Sens to crap the bed and get rid of DJ and PD?

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
The only way DJ and PD get fired is if the team falters this season, but if the team makes the playoffs then I could see DJ and PD sticking around for a while. All of you DJ and PD haters are in a tough situation do you cheer for the Sens to have success or do you cheer for the Sens to crap the bed and get rid of DJ and PD?
Wrong conversation, pal. All the so-called "DJ and PD haters" are just fans like you and me who want the best for the team. We may not agree on how to get there, but it feels correct to say the overwhelming majority of this board is cheering for the Sens to have success first and foremost.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Rob Murphy I thought would be Chief scout (all scouting) I could be wrong on that.. probably am.

I guess that is still to come.
From the article:
Additionally, former Senators’ forward Rob Murphy has been promoted to the role of chief professional scout. Former chief pro scout Jim Clark remains with the organization in a professional scouting capacity.

SensHulk

May 31, 2016
San Jose, CA
Dumb post. I’m not a dj or Dorion fan but at the end of the day we all want them to succeed and the team to make it into playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad