Pre-Game Talk: Sens and Pens - Round 2, Game 2

ironguitar

Dec 26, 2011
Interesting.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/pittsburgh-penguins-suited-handle-senators-second-round-165500795.html

Just stop reading after the bolded. It is basically the only useful piece of information in the quote.

I'd rather see this kind of "we've figured everything out about this series" editorial after at least 2 games.

This is fair, but also little funny to be saying after one game:

The oddest part is that the Pens shutout the Isles in game 1.

Hopefully the Sens will provide ample justification for these commentators and players to reassess the so called favorable match-up.

TheRobinGoblin

May 15, 2013
Uppsala
I think we will win the second game. From what I heard the first game was more even than what the score shows, I did not get to see it though so I might be mistaken.

Mercurial

#lalala
Oct 29, 2009
Latendresse could be more effective against Pittsburgh

Their D is much slower and not as mobile as Montreal's

I like it

We need big bodies going to the net. Vokoun is giving up the rebounds, need someone who can get there and stay there.

Tkachuk27

Nov 30, 2011
We need big bodies going to the net. Vokoun is giving up the rebounds, need someone who can get there and stay there.

Stone made his name cleaning up infront of the net ..Surprised he isnt getting a shot.. I hope Gully can

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
In some ways Stone would be the perfect choice to be brought into the lineup, but in other ways he would be the worst choice. He can get in front of the net and clean up the garbage, which we really need. But he is also sloooooooooooooow, which is not a good thing when you consider how quickly the Pens counter.

I would still put him in and take the gamble that he will do more good than harm.

barabr10

UM ya that;s right
Jul 4, 2011
ottawa
That's it drastic measures have to be taken. I am shaving my playoff beard so that the sens can win game 2. It was a huge jinx in game 1.

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
I think Lats at his best is what we hope Stone will turn into. Better play Lats for now.

If Stone becomes better then Lats, I will be insanely happy. Stone is being developed as a Senator though, something Lats didn't have the luxury of. Stone will fit in better with this team very soon then Lats does, but at this point I agree, Lats over Stoner.

GoSensGo6172

BELIEVE!
Jan 2, 2008
Ottawa
Would love to see Stone in the line up but I'll take Tenderness over Kassian any day. He can actually go to the net and get in Vokoun's way.

Countdown0

Deep Breath... nope, still mad!
Jun 28, 2010
Ottawa
I hate Orpik so much. Not even remotely close to how I despise Matt Cooke, but the hate is there, make no mistake. Of course, he doesn't have the guts to fight a fighter, so my hopes of seeing Neil fill his face in will go unfulfilled. The previous sentence was about both Cooke and Orpik...

Anyway, We know our guys can win game 2. They know they can as well. Somebody raelly needs to finish a few checks on guys like Crosby, Dupuis, Malkin and Letang. By a few, I mean every chance you get that ins't boarding or interference. Don't let them have an easy shift, ever.

I liked how nasty Gonchar was with Malkin in game 1. The rest of our guys need to bring that. We don't need the Pens to get mashed in a line brawl like the Habs did, we just need their big name guys thinking more about our players and less about the game. There is so much psychology in playoff hockey, and I hope our guys can manipulate it to their advantage. If we can get a mental edge, we can beat them.

Go Sens Go!

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
Orpik is sooooo good. I wish we had him. You can tell by the amount we all hate him so much how good he is at his job. He's like a mini-Pronger. He's made an art and living off of getting away with cheapshots. It's a skill to not get caught ****ing the **** up outta someone. Orpik is really good at it.

Hate him when we're up against him, love watching him play when I have no emotional involvement in the game.

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
How bout a lil good karma Biggie and Methot man?

tumblr_mclb9xl3Si1r62e7ko1_500.gif

Mar 20, 2006
Ottawa
Definately want to see Pageau get more than 3 seconds of PP time next game. His speed and creativity is sorely needed.

Stacheman went with the same setup that worked against Montreal for game 1. I expect some adjustments tomorrow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad