Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
Get it on.

GDT to come tomorrow AM.

discus.jpg

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
It sucks that I'm going to be in Vancouver starting on Saturday for the rest of the series. :(

Just a shoutout to Pageau who is becoming one of my favorite players so quickly. Small, but tons of grit and heart. Not an agitator like Conacher, but still physical, phenomenal defensively and so fast and dangerous. His line shut down Crosby pretty hard on Tuesday and that was pretty impressive.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
if we lose tommorows game, i am confident we are not going to the third round, its impossible to get 4 wins while limiting the pens to one

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
if we lose tommorows game, i am confident we are not going to the third round, its impossible to get 4 wins while limiting the pens to one

If we lose game two then the Penguins still have to win two more to get to 4

I was fairly confident we would lose Game 1 but I have a lot of faith in the guys, we will win Game 2

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
If we lose game two then the Penguins still have to win two more to get to 4

I was fairly confident we would lose Game 1 but I have a lot of faith in the guys, we will win Game 2

Yea same here. I even broke my ritual so i could go back to it for tomorrows game :laugh:

Pens shouldn't have lost game 1, and didn't.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Lets show them how pesky we can be! I can't believe how slow those buggers are as a team. We have to execute much better than game 1 (do we really think Cowen will be that bad again this series? of course not) and stay out of the box as much as possible. Tweaking the PK to take away some time entering the zone should help too.

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
I expect us to play a better game tomorrow night then we got 2 games at home. Remember, everyone, we also split the first 2 games in the Montreal series, no reason we can't do it against Pittsburgh.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
I expect us to play a better game tomorrow night then we got 2 games at home. Remember, everyone, we also split the first 2 games in the Montreal series, no reason we can't do it against Pittsburgh.

You're not in trouble until you lose a game at home. Even with another loss in Pittsburgh, this could be a good series.

That said, I expect them to play to win tomorrow. They should score first and make fewer mistakes in our end.

OUahSilfverberg

Feb 25, 2013
i think a loss is a big enough thing to rally around. Expect big games from COWEN, ALFIE and ANDY...i have a pretty strong feeling that they will do whatever they can do redeem themselves and step it up from a mediocre performance in game 1.

We steal game 2 tmro in pitts, and we are in good shape. specially since we might be getting a huge boost with the potential return of Spezza. I would love if Paulrus kept things on the d/L about spezza until game time. All of a sudden you see spezza walking onto the ice in game 3, the crowd would go NUTSSSS!!!

Knowing that the way they played in game 4 of round 1, how they literally dominated because of physical play, why wouldnt they continue on that path?? why not play like that all the time. i realize its hard on the players, but this is the playoffs, and these kind of things are what seperate great teams vs. teams that are out in the first round.

Last edited:

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I also wonder if maybe Silfverberg needs to sit out and rest for a bit. Maybe a game or two. I believe he's the only player on our roster that played a full 82 game season this year. Being his first in North America ever, and the first time in his career he's played more than a 53 game season in a much faster, more physical league...he's got to be worn down.

I honestly can't wait to see this guy next season I think he's going to break out in a big way.

Harbinger

sing for absolution
Mar 8, 2008
Edmonton
I am very confident that our guys can beat the Penguins but, the special teams need to step it up big time, especially the power play. Imagine if the guys actually were able to capitalize on one or two of those power plays during the first game?

Suiteness

Mar 14, 2003
Time to Rebuild
Visit site
I've said this before and I'll say it again: We will win or die with our offense. Don't expect to beat Pittsburgh 2-1 or 1-0. They will score goals, we have to find a way to score more.

The PP is definitely a good place to start. We were far superior to them 5-5 in game 1 but our offense came up woefully short. This will have to change if we want any chance of making it out of this series.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
I also wonder if maybe Silfverberg needs to sit out and rest for a bit. Maybe a game or two. I believe he's the only player on our roster that played a full 82 game season this year. Being his first in North America ever, and the first time in his career he's played more than a 53 game season in a much faster, more physical league...he's got to be worn down.

I honestly can't wait to see this guy next season I think he's going to break out in a big way.

Just for saying this, Silfv is going to score 2 in game 2.

Very Stable Genius

#WeLostOurKarlssons
Jan 3, 2005
Chicago
According to @Syl_St_Laurent, Guillaume Latendresse has taken Matt Kassian's spot with Smith & Neil. Also, Eric Gryba is not on the ice.

Praise Alfie.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Latendresse could be more effective against Pittsburgh

Their D is much slower and not as mobile as Montreal's

I like it

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Ok. I was bang on with the result/score for last game. So I'll make another prediction.

I see us bouncing back and winning a close one.

3-2 Sens

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Interesting.

James Conley said:
It's only been one game for the Pens, but they look to match up well against the Senators' physical game plan. And, unlike the Islanders, the Senators aren't going to outrun Pittsburgh's backcheck. They simply don't have the personnel to play that game.
Pittsburgh managed to escape the Islanders' speed in the first round. Now that the Pens are the fastest team left standing in the East (New York and Boston are similarly big and physical to the Senators), they may not get beat on personnel matchups again.
Ottawa is too good not to make the series more difficult moving forward. But don't expect them to scare the Penguins with a brand of hockey they won't be able to handle. The Penguins were built for this series.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/pittsburgh-penguins-suited-handle-senators-second-round-165500795.html

Just stop reading after the bolded. It is basically the only useful piece of information in the quote.

I'd rather see this kind of "we've figured everything out about this series" editorial after at least 2 games.

Brooks Orpik said:
"I think [the Senators are] a better matchup for us than the Islanders were," Orpik told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review following Tuesday's 4-1 win in Game 1. "Everyone kept alluding to how bad we were playing against them and the mistakes we were making. I think they, for whatever reason, just presented a tough matchup."

This is fair, but also little funny to be saying after one game:

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Is PW still injured? Otherwise, it's one of Benoit or Lundin for Game 2 if Gryba is still not practicing with the team.

BURF!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad