LeBrun: Sens and Pageau have begun contract talks

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I hope he stays.. Pageau is the exact type I'd want around when bringing up all this youth they have.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
Why ? :huh:

I'm not a Sens fan, that's why I'm asking.

because you need actual players. look at whats happening in detroit and what happened in edmonton. completely tanking isnt going to make young players develop as well.

pageau is a great player to have around to play tougher minutes and be a veteran for their rebuilding team. if they arent getting a good enough return, miswell keep him

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Ya I dont see why they trade him. Seems like a heart and soul guy for the team. They have enough picks the next few years. They're probably only max, two years away from hunting a wildcard.

Any idea what it will look like Sens fans? 5-6 years?

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
Can't ask for a better role model for the up-and-coming youth. I want him on the Avs, but I'll be happy for the Sens if he stays in Ottawa.

BurgoShark

Jul 1, 2004
Gold Coast
Ya I dont see why they trade him. Seems like a heart and soul guy for the team. They have enough picks the next few years. They're probably only max, two years away from hunting a wildcard.

Any idea what it will look like Sens fans? 5-6 years?

Can’t pay him less than Colin White IMHO - 6 years, $4.75m AAv

Pageau’s manager would at least be taking that comparison to the table. Maybe Ottawa has to go a little higher in $$ if they want less term.

Reactions: TheImpatientPanther

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
did he? I don’t remember now. I mean, sure, you can play him, but it’s a gamble.

Ya I cant exactly remember either. I'd have to try and look it up.

Stone played 59 games with the Sens the year he was dealt. Game 59 was Feb 18th against Chicago.

Deadline that year was Feb 26th. Stone was scratched for 3 games

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
guys routinely play up to trades. Didn’t Camalleri get traded mid game?

yeah, but was that close to the deadline? Duchene got traded mid game too, but that was a game in early November. This time of year you see more guys sit out just to be safe.

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
trade him and then sign him on july 1st. use some f***ing common sense dorion. It's called asset management.

Reactions: bert

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Melnyk/Dorion has this whole song and dance all figured out.

- Don’t even slightly discuss an extension and make the entire hockey world (including the player) believe he’s being traded.
- At the last possible moment, engage in contract talks to try to drive up the price and make the team seem committed to said player.
- Send the player an insulting offer which he obviously refuses.
- Trade player and preach to the fan base that you gave a fair offer but the player chose to move on.

= Don’t have to pay money and make him look like the bad guy while everyone feels bad for the Sens.

Pesky.

Reactions: bert

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
yeah, cuz it’s just that easy right? Why aren’t you a GM?

pageau can easily get 2 seconds. If he wants to sign in ottawa anyway it would much better to trade him and then sign him again.

But I can understand why a dorion supporter can't comprehend that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad