TSN: Sens acquire Josh Brown from FLA for 4th Rd pick

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Please refrain from using this thread for off topic discussion. Think of poor Joshua. He doesn't want to read about White or how well the EK trade is going.

Any further OT discussion will be deleted, and moderators will be handing out warnings.

Thanks.

Reactions: guyzeur and Boud

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
Captain of the coaches Memorial Cup winning team will certainly get a trusted role. Character, leadership, and identity may all help contribute to this young team too. I like the idea of it, we'll see how he plays for us.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Captain of the coaches Memorial Cup winning team will certainly get a trusted role. Character, leadership, and identity may all help contribute to this young team too. I like the idea of it, we'll see how he plays for us.

I have 100% confidence in DJ’s blessing (I’m assuming he is all over this trade). The Ennis and Brown were great acquisitions last year and unfortunately outplayed many of the “fan favourites”. My guess is that this will end up similar.

Reactions: Cosmix and GCK

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
I remember all the posters (myself included) shitting all over DeMelo, prior to seeing him play, and the scouting report from Sharks fans was hardly promising. I’ll reserve judgement on J.Brown till I watch him play the course of 1-5 games. My gut says he’ll make a fine #6. I like the physical dimension he brings, and think he’ll be pretty sound defensively. Saw a clip of him skating backwards while angling off McDavid before taking him into the boards. Hardly slow of foot for a big dude.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
On the positive side,

- Adds some grit to the D
- Should be good defensive presence that wont hurt us
- we needed PK dmen
- stands up for teammates and will fight.
- Probably means no more Hainsey

On the negative side
- Doesn't move the needle on an already suspect backend
- gave up an asset on a player when something similar might have been available via UFA
- Might block younger internal options with higher upside

Overall, on the balance i don't mind this move, the team probably sees some upside i don't.

Assuming we had no interest in spening more on UFA and Boro priced himself higher than Brown, I would have just rolled with Jaros, but DJ doesn't seem to like him. He looked pretty good in Belleville when i watched but didnt transition well in his limited NHL role under Smith.

I am not a fan of enforcers on the backend, 5 mins short a dman is not a good thing so while its nice that Brown will stick up for guys thats not were i want to lose a guy to a fight.

Look forward to watching him in a sens uni, hope he surpases everyones expectations. @Cosmix suggested a Carkner like player which would be fantastic imo. He was undetaprrciated when here and a knee injury killed his career after leaving.

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
Please refrain from using this thread for off topic discussion. Think of poor Joshua. He doesn't want to read about White or how well the EK trade is going.

Any further OT discussion will be deleted, and moderators will be handing out warnings.

Thanks.

God. I can’t imagine actual professional athletes in the league reading some of this drivel. They made it - I’m pretty sure we didn’t.

Anyways - I haven’t much of read the thread but Marc Methot vibes from this kid. I did read a Florida fans view that he’s a solid player who was paired with Yandle. Ouch for Brown.

I’m excited. Everything DJ has done so far has been good for the team so I welcome this addition.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I have 100% confidence in DJ’s blessing (I’m assuming he is all over this trade). The Ennis and Brown were great acquisitions last year and unfortunately outplayed many of the “fan favourites”. My guess is that this will end up similar.

I remember all the posters (myself included) shitting all over DeMelo, prior to seeing him play, and the scouting report from Sharks fans was hardly promising. I’ll reserve judgement on J.Brown till I watch him play the course of 1-5 games. My gut says he’ll make a fine #6. I like the physical dimension he brings, and think he’ll be pretty sound defensively. Saw a clip of him skating backwards while angling off McDavid before taking him into the boards. Hardly slow of foot for a big dude.

Oh I have no doubt Brown would be real good in bottom pair capacity for us.

The problem is that many of us see this as a move to add a defender like Brown instead of get someone who is more legit and rumoured out there who can be a bigger stable on our core defense.

Unless we draft Sanderson/Drysdale, If we also acquire or obtain another top 4 D then I’d be ecstatic!!

If brown is the only acquisition to our d core, I’ll be really underwhelmed; especially if a serg/pulock/top3 d is moved.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Oh I have no doubt Brown would be real good in bottom pair capacity for us.

The problem is that many of us see this as a move to add a defender like Brown instead of get someone who is more legit and rumoured out there who can be a bigger stable on our core defense.

Unless we draft Sanderson/Drysdale, If we also acquire or obtain another top 4 D then I’d be ecstatic!!

If brown is the only acquisition to our d core, I’ll be really underwhelmed; especially if a serg/pulock/top3 d is moved.
Hopefully Dorion is calling Tampa regarding Cernak. I don’t know what it would take but 28OA would be a good start. He would look great with Chabot IMO.

Reactions: Crosside

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Hopefully Dorion is calling Tampa regarding Cernak. I don’t know what it would take but 28OA would be a good start. He would look great with Chabot IMO.

Couple bolts fans seem to think value is a 1st + prospect.

Reactions: NB613

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Great steady start for Brown. Tied for second on the team with 4 solid hits last night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad