Confirmed with Link: Sens acquire Callahan + pick for Condon + pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
I would imagine Tampa has a budget and this helps them lower it. Unlike our team their budget isn't $15, it's much closer to the cap ceiling.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Is everyone happy about our goaltending situation now? I said months ago to not worry about Hogberg and that got done .

This deal had been in the works for some time now

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Every single argument made by Swiftwin torn apart in one video, by an NHL GM no less. :laugh:

I proved my point. You refuse to respond, then you attack me while not tagging me so I can't see it unless I come back to this thread. Why are you so upset that I bring some pragmatism to the incessant dramatic whining around here?

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
I proved my point. You refuse to respond, then you attack me while not tagging me so I can't see it unless I come back to this thread. Why are you so upset that I bring some pragmatism to the incessant dramatic whining around here?
You didn't prove any points, in fact every 'point' you attempted to make was just completely destroyed by an actual NHL GM. You also think far too highly of yourself, any time you are called out, you try to tell people how you are pragmatic; however, the truth of the matter is it's impossible to bring pragmatism to a subject when you don't understand the subject in the first place.

You have no understanding of LTIR, or how cap space works. Watch the video and learn something.

You never even replied to me, so accusing me of not responding to you is hilarious, you were afraid to discuss the subject with me since you knew you had no understanding of it.

Reactions: Alex1234 and branch

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
You didn't prove any points, in fact every 'point' you attempted to make was just completely destroyed by an actual NHL GM.

You have no understanding of LTIR, or how cap space works. Watch the video and learn something.

You never even replied to me, so accusing me of not responding is hilarious, you were afraid to discuss the subject with me since you knew you had no understanding of it.

I made my point very clear:
Confirmed with Link: - Sens acquire Callahan + pick for Condon + pick

Fair enough. I've made it clear I'm not here to argue semantics of the LTIR mechanism of the CBA.

The fact of the matter is an LTIR'ed cap hit has far less negative value than a non-LTIR'ed cap hit. People in this thread are flagrantly trying to misrepresent things by equating non-LTIR'ed cap dumps (ie. Marleau, Datsyuk) to the trade we made today.

Why do you persist in ignoring it?

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
I made my point very clear:

Why do you persist in ignoring it?
Yes, you were proven wrong by multiple posters so changed course to complain about semantics.

The reality is, as was explained by BriseBois, you know, the Tampa GM himself, that real cap space is much much more more valuable than using LTIR. If you'd watch the video and learn something, you would finally be able to understand that reality.

Your arguments all conveniently ignored accruing cap space and bonus overages.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Yes, you were proven wrong by multiple posters so changed course to complain about semantics.

The reality is, as was explained by BriseBois, you know, the Tampa GM himself, that real cap space is much much more more valuable than using LTIR. If you'd watch the video and learn something, you would finally be able to understand that reality.

My point still stands. You're the one trying to trying to change the course of the discussion when I proved people wrong when they were trying to equate this trade to other trades that are completely irrelevant to this trade.

All you have left is going into a semantics debate on something that is totally irrelevant to my argument. I've made it abundantly clear, but you still persist, and you still ignore it.

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa

why do you even bother?

Reactions: Engineer

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
My point still stands. You're the one trying to trying to change the course of the discussion when I proved people wrong when they were trying to equate this trade to other trades that are completely irrelevant to this trade.

All you have left is going into a semantics debate on something that is totally irrelevant to my argument. I've made it abundantly clear, but you still persist, and you still ignore it.
Your argument was literally explained in detail by the general manager, the guy who conducted the trade, to be factually wrong.

There is no higher authority on this discussion. Get over it.

GrantLemons

Church of FYOUS
Feb 3, 2013
Ottawa, ON

I fail to see how an LTIR cap hit is "better" for us (a team $15M below the cap) than regular cap outside of the fact it saves Eugene money.

Am I missing something here?

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Your argument was literally explained in detail by the general manager, the guy who conducted the trade, to be factually wrong.

There is no higher authority on this discussion. Get over it.

It wasn't discussed at all. You're so upset that you're making up my argument in your imagination and applying it to the video. It explains why you didn't tag me, because you know better. That's low, even for this place. I really don't understand why you get so upset that I bring some reason and pragmatism to the discussion.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
I fail to see how an LTIR cap hit is "better" for us (a team $15M below the cap) than regular cap outside of the fact it saves Eugene money.

It doesn't. Yes it saves Eugene money, but it didn't hurt us either (it even helped us a tiny bit), so I don't understand why people are getting so upset.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
It wasn't discussed at all. You're so upset that you're making up my argument in your imagination and applying it to the video. It explains why you didn't tag me, because you know better. That's low, even for this place. I really don't understand why you get so upset that I bring some reason and pragmatism to the discussion.
You weren't tagged because it goes without saying that you'd refuse to accept the reality that you were wrong, as we are all witnessing.

The matter of the fact is real cap space > LTIR, and the Lightning reduced their cap hit significantly with yesterdays trade. BriseBois explains it very plainly for people to understand, you should give it a listen.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
You weren't tagged because it goes without saying that you'd refuse to accept the reality that you were wrong, as we are all witnessing.

The matter of the fact is real cap space > LTIR, and the Lightning reduced their cap hit significantly with yesterdays trade. BriseBois explains it very plainly for people to understand, you should give it a listen.

Are you still refusing to acknowledge this post? This is the 3rd time I'm posting it, now:

You're the one refusing to accept reality.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
Are you still refusing to acknowledge this post? This is the 3rd time I'm posting it, now:

You're the one refusing to accept reality.
Keep grasping to a single post where you moved the goal posts after trying to tell everyone that you were the only one who understood the trade and that we all don't understand LTIR, yet refusing to accept that you in fact, don't understand what you are talking about.

How about these, why don't you acknowledge them?

This little nugget even states we sent cap hit to Tampa lmao

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Keep grasping to a single post where you moved the goal posts after trying to tell everyone that you were the only one who understood the trade and that we all don't understand LTIR, yet refusing to accept that you in fact, don't understand what you are talking about.

How about these, why don't you acknowledge them?

This little nugget even states we sent cap hit to Tampa lmao

You're the one trying to move the goalposts right now.

My point that this trade was not comparable to the Marleau/Datsyuk trades still stands, and all you have left is arguing semantics of the CBA. I already addressed this yesterday, but you still continue to ignore it. I'd post it a FOURTH time, but it's quite clear to me that you're still going to ignore it. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over, expecting a different result. I'm not insane.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
You're the one trying to move the goalposts right now.

My point that this trade was not comparable to the Marleau/Datsyuk trades still stands, and all you have left is arguing semantics of the CBA. I already addressed this yesterday, but you still continue to ignore it. I'd post it a FOURTH time, but it's quite clear to me that you're still going to ignore it. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over, expecting a different result. I'm not insane.
Moving goal posts by linking you to your own claims, lmao.

Yes, you're right, it was insane of me to once again have verifiable proof of your claims being wrong (BriseBois) and expecting you to acknowledge that reality.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013

Because money has more value then either of those things right now. You can now pretend you poop money and it means nothing but the millions of dollars everyone throws around like big shots in here are real, they have a real value on this planet and they are not owed to you to be flushed down the toilet because “whaaa”

GrantLemons

Church of FYOUS
Feb 3, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Because money has more value then either of those things right now. You can now pretend you poop money and it means nothing but the millions of dollars everyone throws around like big shots in here are real, they have a real value on this planet and they are not owed to you to be flushed down the toilet because “whaaa”

Right, because using cash to acquire assets for your professional sports franchise is "flushing money down the toilet". Carolina done f***ed up big time flushing $6m down the toilet to acquire a 1st in what's projected to be one of the strongest drafts in recent memory.

News flash: don't own a f***ing NHL team if you don't want to spend cash to acquire assets to win.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Right, because using cash to acquire assets for your professional sports franchise is "flushing money down the toilet". Carolina done ****ed up big time flushing $6m down the toilet to acquire a 1st in what's projected to be one of the strongest drafts in recent memory.

News flash: don't own a ****ing NHL team if you don't want to spend cash to acquire assets to win.
God forbid we expect them to operate like a real NHL franchise and not the butt end of the joke they currently are.

We're led to believe it's normal that Ottawa is circumventing the cap floor harder than any other team in history. It's not, this is Melnyk, this is not normal whatsoever to have your GM spend his summer trying to get as far below the floor as possible at the expense of trying to improve now or in the future.

Reactions: Gil Gunderson

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Is everyone happy about our goaltending situation now?

Well... no, not really. We're still rolling with possibly the worst goalie tandem in the league, though at least Sogaard & Gus are a somewhat intriguing pair to look forward to about 4-5 years from now.

I feel that wasn't really the intention of your post though, but "where Mike Condon was going to play" was super-low on my own list of concerns we had going forward, so I assume I'm an outlier on that one and the question didn't really apply to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad