Confirmed with Link: Sens acquire Bobby Ryan (for Silfverberg, Noesen, 2014 1st)

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
He'll be doing a ton of interviews this AM. I believe he is headed to Senators Summer Camp to work with some kids as well.

CBC Radio One Ottawa at 7:45AM
CTV Ottawa Morning Live at 8:00 AM

580CFRA at 8:20AM
TEAM1200 at 8:30AM Link
SensTV

That ctv guy gives a horrible interview. He spends more time telling Ryan things he already knows than asking questions.

Whippet

Feb 6, 2013
Bobby Ryan

‏@b_ryan9
@ECondra Heard we were battling over the same apartment to rent man. We got it, this FYI, is the first sign of me running your show! Haha

---
They will be fighting in the dressing room over the apartment :laugh:

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Saw my first #6 RYAN jersey at Sports Experts, Bayshore Mall.

Man it is poor quality @ $199.99. I would not recommend you buy it there, as it hardly looks any better than the Chinese knockoff jersey's.

You can tell they use inferior lettering/numbering kit compared to other places like Clubhouse.

King Karlsson

Gersei Chongar
Sep 30, 2011
I bought my Ryan home jersey from Icejerseys along with a Zibanejad away. Should be coming in a few weeks :nod:

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I have a feeling we're going to regret trading Silfverberg even if it got us Bobby Ryan

I personally don't care. You need to give up these type of players for a guy like Bobby Ryan. Silfverberg is still unproven while Ryan is already a proven player.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
I have a feeling we're going to regret trading Silfverberg even if it got us Bobby Ryan

I had to take time off work, when i found out silf was traded, it was a hard day, i was even thinking about swapping teams, obviously he is my favourite player, I only think this trade is won if Ryan resigns with us, if not, im gonna be saying alot of "i told you so's" to people around here.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
I had to take time off work, when i found out silf was traded, it was a hard day, i was even thinking about swapping teams, obviously he is my favourite player, I only think this trade is won if Ryan resigns with us, if not, im gonna be saying alot of "i told you so's" to people around here.

So much solidarity :sarcasm:

Milan the God*

I disagree.

I don't think Silfverberg will be the 30G-30A-60pt player I thought he could be. His acceleration is a huge problem and contributed to why he was invisible for a lot of the games this year. He had a good release and a powerful wrist shot, but he can't utilize it well.

I hope Silfverberg becomes a good player. Seemed like a really solid guy. But we just got a young power forward who can put 30 goals in the back of the net. A major need in order to become contenders.

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata

Silfverberg being traded for Ryan is what made July 5th a hard day for you?

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
I disagree.

I don't think Silfverberg will be the 30G-30A-60pt player I thought he could be. His acceleration is a huge problem and contributed to why he was invisible for a lot of the games this year. He had a good release and a powerful wrist shot, but he can't utilize it well.

I hope Silfverberg becomes a good player. Seemed like a really solid guy. But we just got a young power forward who can put 30 goals in the back of the net. A major need in order to become contenders.

Agreed. I think Silf will be similar to Foligno.

TheOriginalSilf*

The instance someone even thinks about denouncing their fandom to a team because a player is gone, is the second I realize how big of a fan they really are.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I disagree.

Silfverberg is going to be a quality player, great defensive game, needs to be stronger on the boards. The problem I see is that he doesn't have enough speed to create separation and his decision making plus stickhandling doesn't allow him to create enough space to fire that unbelievable shot. He should be a 15-25 goals scorer, around 40-50 pts. Will he beat his teammates every year for a top-6 spot? Remains to be seen

Everytime you can trade 2 quality players (both Noesen and Silfverberg should be) and a maybe for a proven star (young is a plus), you have to do it. Quality >>>>> quantity, particularly in our case since we have so much depth and quality prospects.

The instance someone even thinks about denouncing their fandom to a team because a player is gone, is the second I realize how big of a fan they really are.

Well, this.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Well, if this team keeps improving, Ryan will be with us for a long time. And why not? One of the best young groups in the league, solid fanbase and city, nice division, and let's not forget, an elite first line playmaking center that'll give him tons of pucks. We're definitely on the upswing.

Nothing to worry about.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
I wanted to switch to being a Leafs fan after the trade. Not a true story.

I wouldn't even be mad if Ryan stays here for just two years, it will be a glorious two years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad