Post-Game Talk: Sens 5, Habs 1

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Perfect win. Absolutely perfect.

Unbelievable how the SAME TEAM that played last night played tonight. Looks completely different. Hopefully this a lesson not to jump to drastic conclusions and assumptions guys.

Anderson, Karlsson, Methot... Must I say more.

Replace Regin on that top line with Spezza and all of a sudden that line becomes the biggest threat to score. MacLean would be a fool to touch that 2nd line with Milo, Alfy and Turris.

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
re: Anderson

notworthy.gif

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
This team makes no sense to me. We are supposed to be rebuilding yet we are awesome. Last year, same thing. We have a lot of young inexperienced guys playing solid hockey. The development of Sens prospects has to be one of the best systems in the NHL. They just keep churning out servicable NHL players.

Love it

We are at the moment a two man show team = EK & Mister Anderson

The rest looks like an AHL team with a super system and coach.

We're not that good without the 2man show

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
We are at the moment a two man show team = EK & Mister Anderson

The rest looks like an AHL team with a super system and coach.

We're not that good without the 2man show

I agree with this. As well as our role players like O'Brien, Condra, Neil etc... have played, Karlsson and Anderson are literally the reason why we make it look like we are flat out dominating.

Our first and 2nd lines today were horrific but the unbelievable ability of Karlsson to lead the charge himself and set them up perfectly makes it look like they are on-point.

Our bottom 6 has been spectacular. Man do I love Neil and Condra.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I thought Zibanejad was ALL OVER the ice tonight. He was brilliant then I looked and realized he had the least amount of TOI of all the players with only 9.

That's ridiculous. Kudos for MacLean for putting him out there when he knows he'll be his best.

That play where he literally flew and broke through two defenders made a single tear go down my eye.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I agree with this. As well as our role players like O'Brien, Condra, Neil etc... have played, Karlsson and Anderson are literally the reason why we make it look like we are flat out dominating.

Our first and 2nd lines today were horrific but the unbelievable ability of Karlsson to lead the charge himself and set them up perfectly makes it look like they are on-point.

Our bottom 6 has been spectacular. Man do I love Neil and Condra.

2nd line was very good man. They were a threat all night. Not sure what you were watching.

Edit: And by 2nd, I mean the 1st line with Turris, Alfie and Milo.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Awesome game, but damn has Peter Regin been pathetic so far this year. His stick is where offense goes to die

Regin played ok overall but.....

Earlier in the period Cole hit Borocop cleanly but pretty hard behind the Sens net and after that there was a shift about half way in the 3rd when Regin had a chance to rub Cole out hard behind the Mtl goal. He wouldn't have hit him in the back it would have been a similar hit clean, hard and sideways along the backboards. Regin slowed down and gave Cole a gentle nudge. I didn't like that play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad