Green Bay Packers
Cincinnati Reds
Philadelphia Phillies
Atlanta Braves
SF Giants
LA Dodgers
Countless NCAA teams

Im not a fan of the habs logo honestly

If you keep going with the centurion as the main there will be a conintual need to update it, as we have seen.

I can't really agree here. Even the most classic logos have a strong design, or logo element to them. The =O= is just simply that, a big black letter. It works as paying tribute to that particular era, but a main crest needs more IMO.

The Bruins have the spoke, Habs have the letter-within-a-letter thing, the Flames have... flames, etc. I'm not saying we have to stick with the Centurion theme (although I do quite like it), but the =O= is just too simple to even be recognizable if you were to put it anywhere other than the heritage jersey itself.

As for continual updates, that's more of bad organizational branding decisions rather than the product of any particual theme IMO.

FlapjackSilver

Dec 15, 2010
Calgary
I can't really agree here. Even the most classic logos have a strong design, or logo element to them. The =O= is just simply that, a big black letter. It works as paying tribute to that particular era, but a main crest needs more IMO.

The Bruins have the spoke, Habs have the letter-within-a-letter thing, the Flames have... flames, etc. I'm not saying we have to stick with the Centurion theme (although I do quite like it), but the =O= is just too simple to even be recognizable if you were to put it anywhere other than the heritage jersey itself.

As for continual updates, that's more of bad organizational branding decisions rather than the product of any particual theme IMO.

I kind of agree. The O is definitely the way to gO.

However, I know what you mean about the lack of detail.

What about the O with some sort of peacetower mockup inside? Similar to the shoulder patch.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Do you guys think the Sens gonna respond to the outrage or just hope time lets it slide and make people forget about it/give up?

NB613

Jul 26, 2013
Ottawa
Maybe add 25 somewhere on this logo? Could double as a new shoulder patch!

Last edited:

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
I dunno bro.

Obviously in the pik it looks bad, beige and red don't go together but I am curious to see how that would look like in actual material.

I think you'd have to change the beige to white for it to work at all, and the name bar white and the letters black. Unsure how the final product would appear.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Thanks brah!

Hey, since you're here.. you guys re-branded a few years ago, got any tips on how to force management's hand on this issue? :sarcasm:

The fans didn't really do anything. Vinik just suddenly announced we were going to change our logo, our jersey, our arena... EVERYTHING and we had no choice in the matter. It looked like the love child of the Red Wings and Maple Leafs and fans overwhelmingly rejected it. It was the most dull, boring, uninspired design ever laid eyes on in Tampa sports history. Vinik and co was more than delighted to tell us "Hey man that's our new look now. Deal with it." It was OVERWHELMINGLY rejected by fans and media.

Father Lightning himself Phil Esposito (who was the hero that forced management's hand) hated it so much that went to the highest law in the Lightning land and got us to change the uniform by adding black trim around the numbers and adding the lightning bolt on the pants. Needless to say the trim was a subtle but necessary improvement and the lightning bolt on the pants finally made the design bearable. The only improvement Phil didn't get his way on was the victory stripes under the armpit.

All I can say is unless you guys have a very influential insider I think the fans may be screwed with whatever the brass thinks looks good despite fan opinion. Because if it weren't for Phil we'd have plain white numbers and a plain white stripe on our pants.

It was fun being black and silver. I ****ing HATE being blue because "it's a classic look." Classic is so goddamn boring and uninspired. The one thing I've learned to tolerate out of our whole new design is the gatorade logo because it looks so sharp against the color black.

If nothing else works just riot like Vancouver does.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I'd ignore him TB fan....everyone else here does. The rest of us ain't got no guff with the Lightning and their fans.

Same here except I still have beef with Marty Havlat for 2005... that **** was just not fair. He had like 7 goddamn goals and like 12 points in 5 games!!

I went and checked... 6 goals 4 assists. Still hate him!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad