Sens 25th anniversary "new look" | Future Jersey Poll

Big Papi

Who's Mel Bridgeman?
Jul 10, 2009
Quebec
www.instagram.com
My offering to this conversation.

25anniversary_logo.gif

Not bad! My two cents. The word ,anniversary is largely unneeded with the years includes. I would drop that word and move the years there.

Ragged

Sep 10, 2009
A lot of the most classic logos are letters

Look at:
Boston Red Sox, Bruins
New York Yankees
Chicago Bears
Green Bay Packers
Cincinnati Reds
Philadelphia Phillies
Atlanta Braves
SF Giants
LA Dodgers
Countless NCAA teams

Im not a fan of the habs logo honestly

If you keep going with the centurion as the main there will be a conintual need to update it, as we have seen.

That's a fair argument, Big Papi. You've won me over. =O= it is!

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
It is the designers job to take control of the situation. They are trained to design. Not the client. I was taught that you make 3 versions... the best versions you can possibly make and then whittle it down from there. Your reasoning is why we have the god awful design that started this thread. It is also the reason that design has been so watered down to the point that it has become a cheap commodity. Clients are not smart enough to know what they want. You have to tell them what they want... period.

And unicorns are going to fly out of my butt. I'm just stating how it usually works in the real world, I'm not disagreeing that a designer would most likely know better. You can tell them what they want until your blue in the face, but like I stated a bunch of times, ultimately it is the clients decision and they have final say. You can't change that.

It's a pretty well known fact that there are people in higher up positions who suck at what they do. Look at the Oilers front office, and they don't even get fired but promoted. Its like an episode straight out of Seinfeld where Elaine promotes the mail clerk instead of firing him because she's scared of him. :D

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
And unicorns are going to fly out of my butt. I'm just stating how it usually works in the real world, I'm not disagreeing that a designer would most likely know better. You can tell them what they want until your blue in the face, but like I stated a bunch of times, ultimately it is the clients decision and they have final say. You can't change that.

It's a pretty well known fact that there are people in higher up positions who suck at what they do. Look at the Oilers front office, and they don't even get fired but promoted. Its like an episode straight out of Seinfeld where Elaine promotes the mail clerk instead of firing him because she's scared of him. :D

Look up Stefan Sagmeister or Pentagram, or even one of the greats like Paul Rand. These people did not bend to the clients whims. They told the client what the client was going to get and then delivered.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
Here is my shot at a Jersey:

fun_ottawa_jersey.jpg

I may make another alternative. I would choose this as home and the two heritage to make up the 3 jerseys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad