Prospect Info: Sens 2016 Development Camp: June 28th - July 4th

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
Dahlen sounds like an all skill pick.

Could be the next Hoffman.

Watching Dahlen in development camp I don't really see a Hoffman vibe from him.

Hoffman as a prospect was all tools with no hockey sense. Dahlen's greatest strength seems to be his hockey sense. The puck follows him around the ice. He goes to an area of the ice and then suddenly the puck goes there.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I'm not sure exactly how Dahlen has looked in camp, but I had him as a top 20 pick in this draft - great value getting him at 42.

I think he's very similar to Drouin and was a little underscouted. He really came on in the 2nd half of the season and I think will move up in a big way when mock draft-redo's are done a year from now.

And, although I would take him about 20th overall in 2016, I see him being the 9th best offensive forward in the draft after:

1. Matthews
2. Laine
3. Keller
4. Brown
5. Dubois
6. Puljuj
7. Nylander
8. Jost
9. Dahlen

I realize this may seem bold, but it has more to do with Dahlen's upside and less to do with the downside of any other high end guys like - Abramov, DeBrincat, Bellows, Kunin, Gauthier etc.,

Needless to say I think the Sens got amazing value with both Brown and Dahlen. But especially Dahlen given how much higher I would have taken the guy,

Great value pick at 42 for sure. He reads the play and fills the hole where the play is developing to really well. He could have had 3 goals easy in that scrimmage. Brown setting him up didn't hurt but he read where the chance would come from.

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
A big thank you to all the posters who took the time to post their reports on this blog......

Thanks to my friend Aragorn for his great reports..........

Not much going on until rookie camp for us diehards, as we are now into the dog days of hockey as I call it............

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
Man, if Perron can do anything like Hoffman it would be outstanding.

It would be great! I just hope people remember that Hoffman played 3.5 seasons in the AHL before getting significant NHL time, so let's not freak out if he's not the top scorer right away. Give him a couple of years there to get his pro game going.

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
Thanks Aragorn, nice reading you!!

I am a good 3+ hours away from the rinks, I make it to a couple of games a year but in the summer time I have no free time so it's great reading you, thanks to all who updated us!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad