Post-Game Talk: Senators v Toronto Maple Leafs

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
So I've done some investigating.

Apparently, when Hughson is laughing at Claesson giving Oduya a big hug after Johnny almost cost the Senators the lead with his gaffe in front of the net, Leaf fans actually think he's laughing about the Leafs getting scored on.

It's the stick throw all over again. Perceived slights that get blown way out of proportion.

It is really immature people reacting immaturely!

inthewings

Jul 26, 2005
A tiny request: can you guys please not post the result of the game in the PGT? I like reading the GDT if I miss a game. Spoilers, well they spoil the fun of doing that.

Lol, what is this? Of course the results of the game will be discussed in the post game thread. If you don’t want to see them then don’t look at POST GAME DISCUSSION.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Well, if you miss a game, there's different ways to find out how it went:
1- PVR it and watch it later. You have the pleasure of watching the game (and faster than live) but it still takes an hour or more.
2- Just go online and read a summary. It's the other extreme: you get the result immediately, but miss out on the thrills.
3- Read the GDT. You get some of the thrills but maybe spend half an hour. Only possible without spoilers if you want the suspense.

So to answer your question, well eventually I do want to know what happened but if possible I hope to do so using option 3 rather than option 2.

That's ok, I'll live. Note that in all our games this season and last this was the FIRST time the result was spoiled in the headline, so it's not like everybody had to painfully restrain themselves just to accommodate me.

I use option 1; plus talking or singing loudly and covering my ears with my hands if I hear anyone talking about the game before I get to watch it! I suppose I am still immature in some ways.

Reactions: DrEasy

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Lol, what is this? Of course the results of the game will be discussed in the post game thread. If you don’t want to see them then don’t look at POST GAME DISCUSSION.
I didn't want to see the post game discussion, but when you come to the board, it's right there, staring at you!

It's ok, it seems that my request is really unreasonable and offensive, so just forget it.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I didn't want to see the post game discussion, but when you come to the board, it's right there, staring at you!

It's ok, it seems that my request is really unreasonable and offensive, so just forget it.

The way your post was initially written, it's as if you said no discussing the score in the PGT at all as opposed to just the title.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
The way your post was initially written, it's as if you said no discussing the score in the PGT at all as opposed to just the title.
Then I apologize for being unclear. All I was asking for was no result in the thread title.

Re-reading my post, I can totally see why it would be interpreted that way.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
For what it is worth I got you Doc and I found your request more than reasonable.

I think it's pretty reasonable as well.

I was unaware it was discussed before at some point last year, and I wanted to post my good luck A-Team pic in the PGT and there wasn't one yet so I just threw one together.

inthewings

Jul 26, 2005
Then I apologize for being unclear. All I was asking for was no result in the thread title.

Oh, that's completely reasonable. It read like you wanted people to not discuss the game outcome in the PGT.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
wow there's a lot of leafs fans having a really bad day today. it seems for many of them the possibility that they could lose wasn't part of their thought process.

the board is lit up today with uninformed opinions on how the Sens play hockey supported by a whole lot of our worst game kind of stuff.

I guess I shouldn't have expected better from the borg

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
and another thing

why is it acceptable on this site for there to be multiple on going Sens bash threads because we beat the Leafs? There had to be a dozen pages of crying today.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
297.png

Sorry, couldn't help my self when I read "and another thing..."

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
and another thing

why is it acceptable on this site for there to be multiple on going Sens bash threads because we beat the Leafs? There had to be a dozen pages of crying today.

Definitely agree. Seems that fanbase swarms these boards and causes chaos indiscriminately.

I did notice, however, that top guy (Frenchie, iirc) was here in our GDT last night. I think there was a bit of preemptive moderating and protection of our page for a while behind the scenes here. Good on HF for that (if that was the intention).

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
You get told you are the cup favorites and teams without an elite #1C ( note: recency- 2016 Draft) can't win and when the opposite of what you've been told and chose to accept and believe in your soul happens you lash out , you pout, you cry and complain that something must not be right and obviously the problem isn't you.

asw

Mar 16, 2013
Here and There
having seen all the incarnations of the Sens, accusing us of being a good but boring team isn't actually offensive. And I get a sick pleasure with people of being annoyed by it.

And I love the descriptions people come up with. The Ottawa Devils and Outshottawa are the best.

I think the "Makebeleafs" and their fans are upset that the Sens don't play along and get into an offensive slugfest which would make life easier for them. It annoys them that the Sens play a style which doesn't suit the "odds on favourites" to win the Stanley Cup. But they do and it's just so " boring" watching the Loafs take it on the chin.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012

It has been a bit of a curtesy thing the last few years+ to not post spoilers in the score on HFSens. You know, for the weirdos. ;) I'm fine with it continuing.

FWIW I totally get the 'read the GDT to keep the suspense plus it's more engaging than a highlight package' thing

Ralph Malfredsson

PhD in indiscreet street haggling
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2008
That third period start by Toronto was mega impressive. Their offence is exceptional. This is going to be a great rivalry.

Are we a boring team? I don't think so. We've had boring teams before (eg 98/99 season) but this incarnation is definitely electric for 2 reasons... Karlsson and the bevy of forwards who can convert on errors rapidly. The games are super fun to watch I find.

Reactions: NyQuil

GWNR

Dec 10, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
So anytime the Leafs aren't allowed to score at will, it will therefore be known that their opponent is a boring team that stole their points away?

Got it.

You sound surprised.

That's pretty much all they said during the PO's. "You only win because you're boring".

Ummm, thanks?

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
So anytime the Leafs aren't allowed to score at will, it will therefore be known that their opponent is a boring team that stole their points away?

Got it.

There's this bizarre underlying belief among some Leaf fans that the rest of the league is supposed to politely bow down and accept their new offensive hockey overlords.

If that were the case, teams like Dallas and Washington would have already won Cups by now.

It's going to be a rude awakening when teams scratch, claw, hook, punch and trap them to prevent that from happening.

One difference between last season and this season is that teams will be gunning for the Leafs this year. It's actually a compliment to how competitive they've become. Few teams will want to play fire-wagon hockey against them.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad