Post-Game Talk: Senators v Toronto Maple Leafs

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
A few of us called their D not being contender-caliber.

Looks like teams are figuring out how to take advantage of it.

I can't believe how on-point whoever was who said that they look like the Sens of a few years ago: all offense and not much else. Meanwhile we are back to our defensive-ways and it is paying dividends.

lol maybe it was me as I said it before.

Remember the first few years after the rebuild? Actually in 2011-12 the Sens finished 4th in GF/G

Even 2014-15 they were 9th with Hoffman and Stone emerging, but never as hyped as the Leafs, lol not even close. Why? Because small market and no super high draft picks.

I'm not that impressed by the Leafs personally. Not the first team I see with some offensive talent, particularly after being a bad team for a long time and receiving several loser consolation prizes. The thing they have going for them is A LOT of money so they can hire the best coach like Babcock or repair mistakes (like buying out a contract, burying players or taking 14 M$ in dead contracts to make a trade because they overpaid Phaneuf) or hire players from other leagues (Zaitsev, etc)

Reactions: NyQuil

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
A few of us called their D not being contender-caliber.

Looks like teams are figuring out how to take advantage of it.

I can't believe how on-point whoever was who said that they look like the Sens of a few years ago: all offense and not much else. Meanwhile we are back to our defensive-ways and it is paying dividends.

7-4 is nothing to sneeze at, but as you say, it's how they lose hockey games that is concerning.

The playoffs are all about discipline and defensive play and right now that is their glaring weakness.

Reactions: Do Make Say Think

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
The Leafs are a good team, it would be disingenuous to claim otherwise. I just don't see them going far with that D and how they play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad