Confirmed Signing with Link: Senators sign first round pick Logan Brown to ELC

Doug Gilmour

Oct 5, 2010
I think this is payback for us drafting Kadri instead of Cowen :laugh: :sarcasm:

I really like Logan Brown and what he brings to the table. Really wanted Shanahan and company to find a way to draft him but hey, good for Ottawa getting him signed now.

The Assclown

Dec 7, 2015
I think this is payback for us drafting Kadri instead of Cowen :laugh: :sarcasm:

I really like Logan Brown and what he brings to the table. Really wanted Shanahan and company to find a way to draft him but hey, good for Ottawa getting him signed now.

How are those related? What am I missing?

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Still surprised NJ passed on Logan Brown for Michael McLeod.

NYR713

Jun 26, 2012
I'm looking forward to seeing him this pre-season and for USA in U-20 WJC. I'm hoping he dominates WJC with his size and abilities.

The Assclown

Dec 7, 2015
The Americans have an incredible pipeline of great centres coming up through juniors now. The USNDP is showing Hockey Canada how it should be done, IMO. Players like Brown will become commonplace coming out of the United States in the next decade or so.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
The Americans have an incredible pipeline of great centres coming up through juniors now. The USNDP is showing Hockey Canada how it should be done, IMO. Players like Brown will become commonplace coming out of the United States in the next decade or so.

And yet when it comes to the WJC Canada consistently is one of & more times than not the very best team at the tournament, yr after yr. They must be doing something right.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast

I know what you meant, but there is no chance players like Brown ever become commonplace. 6-7 Centers with skill and IQ are not common, ever.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
And yet when it comes to the WJC Canada consistently is one of & more times than not the very best team at the tournament, yr after yr. They must be doing something right.

Wait until the 2018 Olympics when USA comes at Canada with:

Eichel
Matthews
Larkin
Kesler (shutdown role)

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
Gaudreau is American and a winger?

whoops, sorry I meant Monahan...the other Flame lol And hell ill add Seguin because he wasn't on the Sochi team either and is only 24 (and since Stone is a winger also)

so

Seguin
McDavid
Mackinnon
Monahan

although obviously this wont be the center group next Olympics, because we still have a **** ton of elite players in their prime, they can be considered in the next group

Last edited:

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
He's 6 foot 6 and you can't teach that.

Size doesn't matter unless you got the foot speed and skill to go with it . Size only helps with puck protection and physical play if you are that type of player . Many a big players have done nothing in the league .

Having said the above I feel Logan Brown will become a beast for the Sens . He is a good bet to become a #1C .

Took a while to sign him but that really means nothing . He could have been away or the Sens had other things to take care of . I am sure no matter the case the Sens management stayed in touch with the kid so he did not feel left out . No need to worry about the bolting posts for jealous fans

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

Yep. I love how the last 10 years or so, the USA has really focused on skating and skill development at all levels. HC really needs to get their act together and revamp the Program of Excellence.

Well, look at the U18 and U17 tourneys....USA has been tearing Canada apart in those. They've also hd better results (sporadically) in the WJC. It feels like USAs big weakness at the World Juniors is coaching. Sure as heck isn't skill.

As for Brown....I'm excited but also very nervous about this pick. Kid is definitely a boom or bust player. If he turns out to be the real deal....wow! Kid could be on the Spezza/Thornton level. I really hope the Sens keep their word and show a lot of patience with the kid. Let him grow into that body of his and pack on some muscle for a few years before even thinking of playing in the NHL.

haulinbass

Mar 6, 2014
As for Brown....I'm excited but also very nervous about this pick. Kid is definitely a boom or bust player. If he turns out to be the real deal....wow! Kid could be on the Spezza/Thornton level. I really hope the Sens keep their word and show a lot of patience with the kid. Let him grow into that body of his and pack on some muscle for a few years before even thinking of playing in the NHL.

Not sure where the bust comes in. With his size, speed and IQ. I couldn't imagine him not atleast becoming an effective 3rd line center. Some big guys don't make it because they don't have the speed to play in the NHL and some because they aren't smart enough to make the fast decisions required in this league. Brown isn't lacking either of these things. If becoming a 3rd liner qualifies as a boom or bust player then I'm not sure what boom or bust means because every player at minimum would have to be considered that.

There isn't to many big guys whos chances I like more than Browns. Rare combination of a player here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad