Player Discussion Senators sign college free agent forward Max Veronneau

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Based on the 2 rookie games so far, it appears Abramov is in the lead for a spot on the team, ahead of Davidsson, Veronneau and some others.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
The University of Wales offers a program for astrology.

I wonder if students need a telescope, Tarot Cards, or a crystal ball for that. :)
Psychic-Window.jpg

Hellraising Senator

Feb 15, 2017
The University of Wales offers a program for astrology.

I wonder if students need a telescope, Tarot Cards, or a crystal ball for that. :)

Yeah, because Tarot and Crystal balls are totally tools of Astrology....

Veronneau is gonna be a solid 4th lone 3rd line tweener guy in his career.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Based on the 2 rookie games so far, it appears Abramov is in the lead for a spot on the team, ahead of Davidsson, Veronneau and some others.

I like Veronneau RW & if he can add some offence, he could be a serviceable 3rd line 200' player & Ottawa could use another good RW player. Abramov is having a great tournament, but also looks to have some defensive holes in his game which hopefully Troy Mann can help him with. I thought Davidsson looked good playing with Josh Norris especially in the 2nd period of the Winn game where I thought their line dominated along with Gruden who also looks like he could be a player for this team. Should be interesting to see the lineups when all these guys end up in Belleville & who plays with who & where Abramov is slotted.

Reactions: Cosmix

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
We shouldn't be making conclusions right now on who's going to make the team or not, this is the rookie tournament and not the main camp. What will dictate whether these players make the roster or not is if the coach feels like they'll be able to help the NHL team as well as condsidering whether sending them back for a year (or parts of it) might be beneficial for their development. Abramov looks great right now, but he's got some work to do if he want to grab a roster spot IMO and the coaches might feel that a year in Belleville playing top line would really allow him to flourish.

I see a guy like Nick Paul having a much better chance at making the roster out of camp over Abramov, Davidsson and Veronneau. When they'll be matched up against NHL guys is when you'll see who's ready or not. I remember Chlapik was a perfect example of this, played great in the rookie tournament and development camp, but when he was brought up in Ottawa he had nowhere near the strenght to be a regular NHLer.

All that being said, I think they'll give 9 games to the player that performs best at the main camp and then send him down.For Veronneau I think he'll end up in the mold of a Stalberg, fast player with good all around game, but he won't be more than a 30-35 point guy unless he plays with elite players. I think he'll definitely be a NHLer.

Hellraising Senator

Feb 15, 2017
I like that you went out of your way to correct someone else about a thing you were wrong on, and then when you yourself got corrected on it, it's just shrugs & attitude.

Cool story indeed.

LOL

Someone has low reading comprehension skills because that is not true at all.

But yeah, cool stories guys.

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
When I was a kid in the very early 90s I used to be a copy runner at a local Newspaper. As part of my duties I would have to enter the horoscopes into the “computer terminal”. We would get the horoscopes weeks and weeks in advance and I had to input them daily. Every now and then We would run out and we wouldn't receive a batch in time so I would just make one up.
I would take an old one and jumble it around and add some extra nonsense that sounded mystic but said nothing.
Hope someone didn’t make a life altering decision based on any of my “advice” in that day’s horoscope.

Reactions: Sweatred

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
When I was a kid in the very early 90s I used to be a copy runner at a local Newspaper. As part of my duties I would have to enter the horoscopes into the “computer terminal”. We would get the horoscopes weeks and weeks in advance and I had to input them daily. Every now and then We would run out and we wouldn't receive a batch in time so I would just make one up.
I would take an old one and jumble it around and add some extra nonsense that sounded mystic but said nothing.
Hope someone didn’t make a life altering decision based on any of my “advice” in that day’s horoscope.

My cousin used to be a phone psychic. You know, like $3.99 for the first minute, then $1.99 for every minute after. It's exactly the type of business you think it is.

The company he worked for had late-night commercials on cheap tv stations, he used to have a script he would have to follow, like callers would give them "clues" when they called and there was a flowchart on how to answer and everything. My cousin has more stories about the 4 months he did that job than any other job he's ever had - apparently, the floor manager didn't care as long as they were meeting quotas, so employees would ad-lib all the time and just improvise crazy stuff.

A lot of employees (my cousin included) tried to get repeat customers to stop calling by admitting it was fake. The company ended up disappearing overnight, then popped up like 3 months later selling pre-paid credit cards to Americans with critically bad credit ratings.

He's not proud of working for that company (he was young, otherwise unemployed and a university dropout at the time), but he learned a ton about what desperate people will do when they feel under pressure from life in general. Those industries (hocus-pocus pseudo-science stuff like astrology and psychics) prey on a very particular type of person, and that type of person tend to be VERY succeptable to these ways of life.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
From 31 Thoughts:
“In Ottawa, most of the trade talk surrounds Jean-Gabriel Pageau, but if there’s an increased presence around AHL Belleville this weekend, there’s a logical explanation. Max Veronneau is expected to return from injury, and he is available. A year ago, he was a heavily recruited NCAA free agent. The Senators have a large prospect pool, and it is not easy to carve your place.”

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Something tells me he has asked for a trade.

Odd that we are looking to move him when I dont see anything wrong with him developing in the minors

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
He probably did request a move.

Before his injury he was a semi-regular healthy scratch in Belleville, and there were games where Mann dressed 11 forwards and Veronneau still couldn't get more than 3 or 4 shifts. He wasn't able to carve out a spot and Mann never seemed to trust him in any role.

Given that he's already 24 years old there probably isn't a ton of upside here. I guess he'll be swapped for a vet AHL forward to help out in the Calder Cup push.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Something tells me he has asked for a trade.

Odd that we are looking to move him when I dont see anything wrong with him developing in the minors

One possibility is that there are a number of interesting options available in this years NCAA free agents, I could see the Sens being interested in freeing up some contract spots to go after them. Veronneau doesn't seem as well suited for the style the Sens are looking to play so maybe this is also to give him a chance to move to an organization where stylistically he has a better chance of success.

Reactions: Sweatred

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad